Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 488 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
boredandricho..
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

She also became the second person from a limited series to ever sweep all the major television awards (Critics Choice, Emmy, Globes, SAG and TCA).

Deserved wbk

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Jodie Comer opens to positive reviews for her role in Free Guy (of course this is not a contender by any means) but it also doesn’t look like it’s getting panned. This is only going to help her chances for TLD if the film continues to stay in the positive and has a decent box office run.

She’s looking to have a great year. If this movie gets great box office numbers as does The Last Duel, she gets raves for it, and she campaigns (which she will) she’s gonna be a hell of a force…

FYC

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Jodie Comer is coming indeed. She’s my predicted winner right now.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Elijah
    Topics:

1. Kristen Stewart – Spencer

2. Lady Gaga – House of Gucci

3. Jessica Chastain – The Eyes of Tammy Faye

4. Frances McDormand – The Tragedy of Macbeth

5. Jennifer Hudson – Respect

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Oscar Experts are predicting: 1. Lady Gaga 2. Frances McDormand 3. Jessica Chastain 4. Kristen Stewart 5. Jennifer Hudson They are CANCELLED with that Lady Gaga prediction as the front runner.

I’m guessing you don’t want Lady Gaga to get nominated?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Olivia Colman:

Multi BAFTA nominated and winning TV actress

Gets nominated for an Emmy for a popular cable drama.

Has a baity role at the crux of a Venice premiere period drama with high profile supporting cast members from a director previously nominated for screenplay.

Wins the Oscar and BAFTA.

Jodie Comer:

BAFTA winning TV actress tied with Maggie Smith in drama actress nominations.

Wins an Emmy for a popular cable drama.

Has a baity role at the crux of a Venice premiere period drama with high profile supporting cast members from a director previously nominated.

…………………

It’s a sign guys!

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I feel with Respect coming out so early, it could hurt JHud’s chances.

Profile picture
    yabixz
    Topics:

Olivia Colman: Multi BAFTA nominated and winning TV actress Gets nominated for an Emmy for a popular cable drama. Has a baity role at the crux of a Venice premiere period drama with high profile supporting cast members from a director previously nominated for screenplay. Wins the Oscar and BAFTA. Jodie Comer: BAFTA winning TV actress tied with Maggie Smith in drama actress nominations. Wins an Emmy for a popular cable drama. Has a baity role at the crux of a Venice premiere period drama with high profile supporting cast members from a director previously nominated. ………………… It’s a sign guys!

british talented royalty!

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Halle is winning 20 years later!!!

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I feel with Respect coming out so early, it could hurt JHud’s chances.

True, but she’s been campaigning so hard. I think if her performance is well-received (don’t know about the film’s quality) she should be fine as long as she campaigns so that voters keep her in mind. The big question is whether MGM will prioritize her or Lady Gaga when it comes to awards season.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Olivia Colman is coming guyssss

YEP. Unless…Netflix moves it? Jesus their slate is so full already. I hope they don’t end up sabotaging Passing or The Harder They Fall for this, or sabotaging THIS for those!

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Respect was supposed to be a crowdpleasing box office hit for MGM. That’s the reason they moved it from 2020.
    I don’t know if it will be, with the Delta variant knocking at our doors, which will probably get some more movies to get delayed.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see. In a normal world, Respect would do +400 million at the BO and JHud would be the first lock of the year.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Olivia Colman: Multi BAFTA nominated and winning TV actress Gets nominated for an Emmy for a popular cable drama. Has a baity role at the crux of a Venice premiere period drama with high profile supporting cast members from a director previously nominated for screenplay. Wins the Oscar and BAFTA. Jodie Comer: BAFTA winning TV actress tied with Maggie Smith in drama actress nominations. Wins an Emmy for a popular cable drama. Has a baity role at the crux of a Venice premiere period drama with high profile supporting cast members from a director previously nominated. ………………… It’s a sign guys!

This gave me a thought

Stewart is my #1, Comer is my #2. I could potentially see a scenario similar to 2016

Both get major buzz out of Venice, both enter winning conversation.

Stewart, playing a real person, wins most critic awards. Possibly wins Critics’ Choice. Despite the film she’s in being weird af, she’s the main thing everyone agrees on being great in regards to the film. But it’s not necessarily the type of performance that wins Oscars. People start looking for an alternative…

Enter Jodie Comer, a hot ingenue it-girl whose career is rising. Just two years off of an Emmy win and multiple BAFTA wins. She’s also widely agreed upon to be amazing in her film, which is more traditional Oscar bait. Her performance is the same deal. Because her performance is more accessible towards audiences and she has more good will with her career, she takes the industry awards, SAG and BAFTA, then wins the Oscar.

Not the most likely scenario and I haven’t changed my predictions because of it, I can just picture it in my head

FYC

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Catching up on all the past posts and with Colman in the race, NOW it looks like a race. Now it does actually seem feasible for Dunst and McDormand both to run in supporting, but this just all makes it harder for Comer, Thompson, Kidman to get in not to mention Berry, Cruz and Reinsve. Also makes it hard for Stewart because…of course it does. She should still have a shot if she’s a big standout. But…as of now one of them will make it in, and I’d bet on Stewart, though I don’t know, could easily be Comer, Kidman, Berry or Thompson. Netflix did get two people in here last time!

As of now, assuming Dunst & McDormand do go supporting:
    Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter
    Jennifer Hudson, Respect
    Lady Gaga, House of Gucci
    Cate Blanchett, Nightmare Alley
    Kristen Stewart, Stewart

If Dunst & McDormand don’t go supporting:
    Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter
    Jennifer Hudson, Respect
    Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog
    Cate Blanchett, Nightmare Alley
    Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth//Lady Gaga, House of Gucci

Yep, I think Gaga might miss in the face of 2 BP players (or 3, if The Tragedy of Macbeth is a BP player) as well as Olivia freaking Colman and Jennifer freaking Hudson. McDormand might well miss if she goes Lead, unless The Tragedy of Macbeth is a BP player. Neither are my ideal lineups obviously.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.