Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 488 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
boredandricho..
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

This gave me a thought

Stewart is my #1, Comer is my #2. I could potentially see a scenario similar to 2016

Both get major buzz out of Venice, both enter winning conversation.

Stewart, playing a real person, wins most critic awards. Possibly wins Critics’ Choice. Despite the film she’s in being weird af, she’s the main thing everyone agrees on being great in regards to the film. But it’s not necessarily the type of performance that wins Oscars. People start looking for an alternative…

Enter Jodie Comer, a hot ingenue it-girl whose career is rising. Just two years off of an Emmy win and multiple BAFTA wins. She’s also widely agreed upon to be amazing in her film, which is more traditional Oscar bait. Her performance is the same deal. Because her performance is more accessible towards audiences and she has more good will with her career, she takes the industry awards, SAG and BAFTA, then wins the Oscar.

Not the most likely scenario and I haven’t changed my predictions because of it, I can just picture it in my head

You forgot something: The movie.
    La La Land won People’s Choice at TIFF and Emma Stone won the Volpi Cup at Venice.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

House of Gucci had the highest amount of YouTube trailer views for the week of Jul. 25 – Jul. 31, with 8.70M views.

Dune followed with 6.61M views for the week, while King Richard had 6.55M views.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BORReport/status/1422939936060104708?s=20

Profile picture
    greenshark
    Topics:

I’m guessing Gold Derby was just waiting for the Netflix announcement to be made official, but any idea now for when The Lost Daughter will be put in the predictions center?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

If Dunst & McDormand don’t go supporting: Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter Jennifer Hudson, Respect Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog Cate Blanchett, Nightmare Alley Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth//Lady Gaga, House of Gucci Yep, I think Gaga might miss in the face of 2 BP players (or 3, if The Tragedy of Macbeth is a BP player) as well as Olivia freaking Colman and Jennifer freaking Hudson. McDormand might well miss if she goes Lead, unless The Tragedy of Macbeth is a BP player. Neither are my ideal lineups obviously.

Imagine the meltdowns if Gaga doesn’t get nominated.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

with Respect coming out so early,

Of course I know what you mean but it’s odd to refer to a movie filmed almost TWO YEARS AGO as “coming out so early.” (It’s been over 18 months since I watched them film the scene with Hudson and two others sitting on a bench on the border of Riverside Park in NYC right across the street from my apartment building.)

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Imagine the meltdowns if Gaga doesn’t get nominated.

yeaaaaaaaaaaah. But tbh meltdowns on some level are to be expected. MANY Oscar experts have House of Gucci winning. That level of faith in that movie itself… damn. Whereas over here it feels like people are penciling Lady Gaga because, understandably, she has the star power to get a nod even without the broad acclaim.

Also I genuinely have a feeling that critics are going to be scared to pan Gaga if she’s bad lol. They may pan the movie but I’m betting most of them will say as little as possible about Gaga’s performance unless it’s really good.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

yeaaaaaaaaaaah. But tbh meltdowns on some level are to be expected. MANY Oscar experts have House of Gucci winning. That level of faith in that movie itself… damn. Whereas over here it feels like people are penciling Lady Gaga because, understandably, she has the star power to get a nod even without the broad acclaim. Also I genuinely have a feeling that critics are going to be scared to pan Gaga if she’s bad lol. They may pan the movie but I’m betting most of them will say as little as possible about Gaga’s performance unless it’s really good.

Yeah, her fans are really annoying on social media. Clayton Davis has been bullish on the film while it was still being shot. I can’t help but feel people are being overconfident about her because she’s Lady Gaga and don’t seem to care for her performance in the film.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Jodie Comer is way safer than Lady Gaga IMO….

and JHud will be safe since she is the only WoC who is looking very strong.

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

You forgot something: The movie. La La Land won People’s Choice at TIFF and Emma Stone won the Volpi Cup at Venice.

in all fairness, it wasn’t supposed to be a perfect comparison. But yes you are correct

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Jodie Comer is way safer than Lady Gaga IMO…. and JHud will be safe since she is the only WoC who is looking very strong.

What makes you say that? Is it because the writer of House of Gucci is an unknown? I’ll be honest: the trailer for The Last Duel made me feel better about predicting Comer, but IMO Lady Gaga is still much more safer.

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

Most people think Hudson is most safe option to score nominations. But for me, she looks least likely to score nominations out of top contenders.

Profile picture
    Butterfield 8
    Topics:

Lady Gaga – House of Gucci

Halle Berry – Bruised

Kristen Stewart – Spencer

Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley

Penelope Cruz – Parallel Mothers

I’m picking Halle Berry over Jennifer Hudson at the moment but honestly I feel like JHud could be pretty safe for a nom. Also if Dunst goes supporting then there are several options and I could see Penelope getting some attention for her role.

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

a lot of her fans don’t understand the award process. Like at all.

Tbh most of us also don’t. Creating jizarre theories about “narratives” and unproportional comparisons that while at first might seem rational, they’re extremely illogical. Besides ignoring actual important stuff of campaigning like the studio that is distributing, screeners etc. Still, it’s fun to pretend to know what’s up sometimes.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.