Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 525 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Plumpshell
Aaron Kalloo
  • Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Yeah that’s why I put the “its half a joke part”. I just feel like you can never count her out for the win, but yeah I am not betting on her to win this year.

Just a reminder FYI that this account @marshmellobuttercream has been obsessively STALKING a MINOR.

Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

Sandra bullock should win. This is wayyyyy better than the blind side lol

That’s not saying much, honestly.

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Ok but Sandra Bullock is really win worthy in The Unforgivable. Wow she was absolutely outstanding I’m speechless

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Out of curiosity, if Colman won her Oscar, Emmy and BAFTAS “because she starred in huge vehicles” why didn’t others who starred in as big or bigger vehicles win instead of her? For example, why didn’t Lady Gaga in ASIB defeat her in 2018 and why didn’t Emma Corrin in The Crown defeat her earlier this year? I’m honestly not trying to throw shade; I just don’t understand your logic.

We could make the same case on why Colman wasn’t nom’d anywhere for Tyranossaur in 2011. Because she was not seen.
    A “huge vehicle” is not who made more numbers or scores, but who is more campaigned and screened to the voters. The Favourite and A Star Is Born were in equal footing of visibility that year, so then it comes to voters opinions. And that already put Colman and Gaga in a more privileged position than say, Regina Hall in Support the Girls or Emily Blunt in Mary Poppins Returns.

In this year’s case, Stewart and Gaga have visibility, campaign and hype regardless of their films reception. While having more noms in multiple fields is a sign of strength, many campaigns are centered around a single aspect (like the acting) and is effective enough to go the distance in the race. In Colman’s case, I think her film will be seen enough cause it’s Netflix, they’re big themselves to score nominations. But the film might get lost in the shuffle of their overcrowded lineup to promote.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The way CC try to predict the Oscar’s and only got 1/4 of the acting wins right ☠️

Profile picture
    Leandro Nascimento
    Topics:

Halle Berry Winner!!!!

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

It’s not really a competition of what film gets the most nominations. My point was that people are overpredicting Colman with the lazy “she already upset other races” argument, when in fact those upsets happened because she starred in huge vehicles – which is not the case with The Lost Daughter. Based on hype and performance with critics, the clear top two are Stewart and Gaga, and they don’t need their films to get nominations across the board to stay at the top.

(Well, basically it looks like plagiarism of what Rachel wrote lo but I hadn’t seen that post)

Several points are incorrect here. How can you confirm that she won with the vehicle argument? If that had been the case she would have won for Fleabag and the Father as well. What is your logic there? So if she wins it’s only because it’s a vehicle, but if she loses with a vehicle, what happened?

The point is she won for The Favorite and The Crown because people loved the performance over any narrative and media coverage for other women in the race. In both races, other actresses were highly favored and she still did her thing. She may not win this year, but your claim does not hold.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

I didn’t like Bullock in The Unforgivable at all. There’s a certain point where a willingness to be “raw” and “ugly” is another form of vanity.

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

I didn’t like Bullock in The Unforgivable at all. There’s a certain point where a willingness to be “raw” and “ugly” is another form of vanity.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

This is totally random and off-topic, but I realized that user fefface has not been on GoldDerby in a few months; I hope everything’s okay with them.

Girl, I’m just glad to see some of the usuals here: You, Estrelas, Wolfali, baby Luca, Bassett, Rachel, DrewN92, QUEEN Vicky L, and now kalle whom I really like. We’ve lost some soldiers, but even though we may push for different women I always enjoy reading y’all takes

Profile picture
    wgoran
    Topics:

Girl, I’m just glad to see some of the usuals here: You, Estrelas, Wolfali, baby Luca, Bassett, Rachel, DrewN92, QUEEN Vicky L, and now kalle whom I really like. We’ve lost some soldiers, but even though we may push for different women I always enjoy reading y’all takes

where kalle at lol cuz i cant rally for halle alone

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Halle Berry Winner!!!!

Don’t scare me like that. I thought she won something.🤣

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

where kalle at lol cuz i cant rally for halle alone

Maybe took a couple days off. She’s been promoting Halle nonstop. Girl deserves a margarita by the beach.

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

Don’t scare me like that. I thought she won something.🤣

Me too lol I was like “did I miss something???” 😂😂

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

It seems to me that a lot of people have written off the chances of Cruz and McDormand, and are somewhat skeptical about Colman’s chances because TLD hasn’t generated as much buzz as Spencer, HoG, and more recently, BTR. I just want to point out that the movies in which Cruz, McDormand and Colman star all played one or more festivals, but have not opened yet, so while they’ve had some publicity, their movies and performances can expect a whole lot more when their movies officially open, and they are reviewed (again) in newspapers, blogs and podcasts. Last year, ALL FOUR acting Oscar winners were in films that played one or more festivals, but didn’t open until VERY late in the Oscar season. I don’t know who will win Best Actress at the 2022 Oscars but I think it is at least possible that the buzz for Stewart and Lady Gaga, and to a lesser extent, for Kidman, has already peaked, or is about to peak, while the biggest buzz for Colman, Cruz and McDormand is yet to come. My only point is that this race is a LONG way from over, and we are not yet down to only two or three people who could wind up ultimately winning.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 525 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)’ is closed to new replies.