Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 525 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Plumpshell
Aaron Kalloo
  • Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

It seems to me that a lot of people have written off the chances of Cruz and McDormand, and are somewhat skeptical about Colman’s chances because TLD hasn’t generated as much buzz as Spencer, HoG, and more recently, BTR. I just want to point out that the movies in which Cruz, McDormand and Colman star all played one or more festivals, but have not opened yet, so while they’ve had some publicity, their movies and performances can expect a whole lot more when their movies officially open, and they are reviewed (again) in newspapers, blogs and podcasts. Last year, ALL FOUR acting Oscar winners were in films that played one or more festivals, but didn’t open until VERY late in the Oscar season. I don’t know who will win Best Actress at the 2022 Oscars but I think it is at least possible that the buzz for Stewart and Lady Gaga, and to a lesser extent, for Kidman, has already peaked, or is about to peak, while the biggest buzz for Colman, Cruz and McDormand is yet to come. My only point is that this race is a LONG way from over, and we are not yet down to only two or three people who could wind up ultimately winning.

URLQUOTE

You are very much correct about the 3 names. I always say Netflix probably set up TLD to be late breaker and not peak too early. The discussion from before was more about blindly predicting Colman just for being her, and not from her film release strategy/campaign. Also cause it was the high visibility she had from her other projects that she was able to ‘upset’. This is not diminishing her talent or likability, but being aware of how this awards system works.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

It seems to me that a lot of people have written off the chances of Cruz and McDormand, and are somewhat skeptical about Colman’s chances because TLD hasn’t generated as much buzz as Spencer, HoG, and more recently, BTR. I just want to point out that the movies in which Cruz, McDormand and Colman star all played one or more festivals, but have not opened yet, so while they’ve had some publicity, their movies and performances can expect a whole lot more when their movies officially open, and they are reviewed (again) in newspapers, blogs and podcasts. Last year, ALL FOUR acting Oscar winners were in films that played one or more festivals, but didn’t open until VERY late in the Oscar season. I don’t know who will win Best Actress at the 2022 Oscars but I think it is at least possible that the buzz for Stewart and Lady Gaga, and to a lesser extent, for Kidman, has already peaked, or is about to peak, while the biggest buzz for Colman, Cruz and McDormand is yet to come. My only point is that this race is a LONG way from over, and we are not yet down to only two or three people who could wind up ultimately winning.

Gaga has the distinct advantage of being a popstar so she is going to remain in the spotlight due to her Grammy nominations. That’s not necessarily film related but her being in the spotlight will keep eyes on her.  If she wins AOTY at the Grammys, she’ll be everywhere.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Not that anybody cares but here’s where im at with my predictions.
    Nicole thought she was gonna became a frontrunner no real passion a few raves btr getting lukewarm critic and audience response.
    The real 2 front Runners for the Oscar right now.Kristen Stewart one of the most raved performances in modern cinema history. Playing princess Diana and has had buzz since Venice.Lady Gaga took a big critic win box office is good raved performance lot of passion.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Tomorrow and Monday are about to be lit. I might not login in.🤣

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Off topic but I hate how not even the Saturn or NAACP awards recognised Gabriel for Get Out, she delivered with such masterful subtly.

Profile picture
    wgoran
    Topics:

Maybe took a couple days off. She’s been promoting Halle nonstop. Girl deserves a margarita by the beach.

Amen. I forget she doing the heavy lifting on twitter too i gotta keep up lmao

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Off topic but I hate how not even the Saturn or NAACP awards recognised Gabriel for Get Out, she delivered with such masterful subtly.

Yup

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Some of the Gaga and Stewart stans are insufferable, unreasonable, and childish.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Also some of you don’t seem to have a mind of your own and seem to care more about awards than films.

How you don’t want someone to win without even seeing the damn film?

Make it make sense.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Some of the Gaga and Stewart stans are insufferable, unreasonable, and childish.

Please stop. We know you’re a big Kidman stan and it’s been difficult for you since reviews of BTR dropped. You’re attacking everyone doubting Kidman these past few days so Idk who is the real insufferable one here…

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

One criticism of Kidman’s award chances especially with that 68% audience score and people take it so defensively.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Please stop. We know you’re a big Kidman stan and it’s been difficult for you since reviews of BTR dropped. You’re attacking everyone doubting Kidman these past few days so Idk who is the real insufferable one here…

No YOU stop lying to create a false narrative. I think people generally know me not to Stan so hard that I go IN on anyone or their fave. Show me where I attacked someone. I’ll wait….

What’s good ?

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

I’ve watched my country’s (Indonesia) submission for International Film darling, and Arawinda Kirana, the lead actress from Yuni deserves to be nominated on pure performance alone.

It’s a subtle and honest work, one of the year’s best performance. Sadly the movie seems like won’t made it again to the final 5.

Yuni trailer

Watch it when it came out on netflix darling.

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

BTR’s audience score has now risen to 70% matching its critics score of 70%. It seems BTR will be firmly planted in the generally favourable category of films by both critics and audiences, once again proving the overreaction to the first set of reviews and scores..

When the film becomes a hit on Amazon, Kidman’s nomination will be secured.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 525 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)’ is closed to new replies.