Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 525 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Plumpshell
Aaron Kalloo
  • Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

It always seems there’s new accounts here only made to start some stan drama. We don’t care honestly. Just go back to stan twitter.

Profile picture
    oxymoron
    Topics:

I feel like Gaga is a lock.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

since when good box office mean good chance on winning? this is not Kids Choice Awards. stop taking about box office. if box office is important, marvel and star wars film gonna sweep all critics and major awards.

Box office can still make a difference. If Kristen Stewart grossed as much as Gaga you guys would be singing a different tune so just stop. Let us celebrate a drama being successful this year finally gosh.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Jules
    Topics:

I think she has no chance at an Oscar odd, but I could see Emma Stone getting nominated for Comedy/Musical Actress for Cruella. What do you guys think?

Very possible. Plenty of space in the Comedy/Musical category and a historically less rigid one. (as far as acclaim/reception goes)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

My line up is looking good lol 😂 My 4 actresses won something except Nicole i’m still waiting for her to win some critics or the big awards.

1.Kristen

2.Nicole

3.Olivia

4.Penelope

5.Halle/Tessa

As revered as she is Nicole has never been a critics darling with the awards.

Profile picture
    paddylastinc
    Topics:

Using the BO logic above, WSS didn’t deliver at the box office during its opening week.  Zegler and Haim are both getting raves— I hope this would mean something positive for Haim then. I feel that one of them will be favored over the early picks (Chastain, Kidman, Hudson, Colman)— imho only kstew and gaga are almost locked for noms

Profile picture
    asyrafgrande
    Topics:

Well I’m not predicting her to win the Oscar atm but She already won in general LOL. She did what no other actor did this year. Got people out of the house and seeing her film. Box Office isn’t important maybe to you, but let’s do some simple math. The typical movie ticket costs around 10 dollars. That means nearly 10 MILLION people so far have went out during a Pandemic and seen her film. So yes, the box office matters in her case. It’s going to show voters that she is a movie star and to be taken serious as not just a one and done actress. She’s here to stay in the film world. The BO is monumental for her and matters for sure.

you know why she staring movie/TV show industry and less active in music. I don’t need to describe it. pop music fans know it.

Profile picture
    E9k
    Topics:

Stewart is the obvious frontrunner here, i’d be shocked if she lose this

not y’all trying to set Kristen up and then start your not my frontrunner campaign if she lost.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    oxymoron
    Topics:

since when good box office mean good chance on winning? this is not Kids Choice Awards. stop taking about box office. if box office is important, marvel and star wars film gonna sweep all critics and major awards.

You are so ignorant. Yes, why would it matter if a movie actually makes money and is known by people? 

The narrative that box office doesn’t matter is being pushed by users whose faves starred in flop movies not seen by anyone.

Gaga has to complete with a bunch of box office bombs ignored by practically everyone apart from critics.

The reality is that the vast majority of this century’s BA winners have starred in either successful movies or box office hits.

La La Land ($448.9 million) 

Black Swan ($329.4 million)

The Blind Side ($309.2 million)

Erin Brockovich ($256.3 million)

Silver Linings Playbook ($236.4 million)

Million Dollar Baby ( $216.8 million)

Walk the Line ($187 million) 

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri ($160.2 million)

The Iron Lady ( $115.9 million)

The Queen ($123.5 million)

The Reader ( $108.9 million)

Blue Jasmine ($99.1 million)

The Favorite ($95.9 million)

Monster ($64.2 million)

Judy ( $45.8 million)

Monster Ball ( $45 million)  

Still Alice ( $44.8 million)

Nomadland ( $39.5 million)

Room ($36.3 million)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    krisden25
    Topics:

Why does everyone say that boxing depends on the actress? Wasn’t it obvious that Spencer would fail at the box office? Regardless of whether Stewart is in the movie or not

Profile picture
    E9k
    Topics:

You are so ignorant. Yes, why would it matter if a movie actually makes money and is known by people? The narrative that box office doesn’t matter is being pushed by users whose faves starred in flop movies not seen by anyone. Gaga has to complete with a bunch of box office bombs ignored by practically everyone apart from critics. The reality is that the vast majority of this century’s BA winners have starred in either successful movies or box office hits. La La Land ($448.9 million) Black Swan ($329.4 million) The Blind Side ($309.2 million) Erin Brockovich ($256.3 million) Silver Linings Playbook ($236.4 million) Million Dollar Baby ( $216.8 million) Walk the Line ($187 million) Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri ($160.2 million) The Iron Lady ( $115.9 million) The Queen ($123.5 million) The Reader ( $108.9 million) Blue Jasmine ($99.1 million) The Favorite ($95.9 million) Monster ($64.2 million) Judy ( $45.8 million) Monster Ball ( $45 million) Still Alice ( $44.8 million) Nomadland ( $39.5 million) Room ($36.3 million)

i guess Gaga is winning with this undisputed statistic. So let’s stop fighting now 😭

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Tessa Thompson is not Oscar worthy in Passing honestly… I don’t know what people are talking about

And coda isnt either except for the dad. Yet here we are.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 525 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)’ is closed to new replies.