Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 42)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 42)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 511 through 523 (of 523 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
M
The Northman
  • Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Globes awarded Andra Day last year, and folks said they were saving face. Now they didn’t nominate anyone, and you’re still complaining. BTW, diversity doesn’t apply to blacks alone. Alana Haim and Rachel Zegler are both nominated at the Globes with Alana hitting CC and they aren’t white. There’s still diversity. Note: I’m a proud black West African

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Palm Spring literally said “Let’s give an award to everyone with Oscar buzz”

Critics Choice 4.0. LMAO

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

just waiting for Alana to receive some Best Newcomer award or something at Palm Springs and all the top contendee’s will have been rewarded

Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

What makes you so sure that it is?

All of American history, for starters.
    But go ahead, answer the question. Don’t throw it back at me just because you don’t have an answer.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

If Kristen wins BAFTA, she would definitely win the Oscar as well. But I was baffled by its poor box office reception in the UK because come on it’s Diana, and then I heard some people there upset about the way Diana was portrayed. So in a sense, I would not be that surprised if she didn’t even get nominated in BAFTA. But if she makes it, I don’t think any of the contenders could upset her at the Oscar.

i have my doubts regarding Kristen winning the BAFTA, something tells me she won’t win there, the question is, can some other Oscar contender win there and become the new Oscar favorite? Could a BAFTA win help Olivia and give her the Oscar? Does Gaga and Nicole have a chance to make it at BAFTAS? Is Kristen even safe for a BAFTA nomination? Not gonna lie but i could see the 5 oscar nominees (assuming they are Chastain, Colman, Gaga, Kidman and Stewart) not hitting all the precursors.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

The only one safe for a BAFTA nod is Olivia

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Same idea was Mulligan last year and she didn’t get the nod 👀

I will be pretty shocked if she misses tbh, but nothing is set in stone

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

i have my doubts regarding Kristen winning the BAFTA, something tells me she won’t win there, the question is, can some other Oscar contender win there? Could a BAFTA win help Olivia again and give her the Oscar? Does Gaga and Nicole have a chance to make it at BAFTAS? Is Kristen even safe for a Bafta nomiantion? not gonna lie but i could see the 5 oscar nominees (assuming they are Chastain, Colman, Gaga, Kidman and Stewart) not hitting all the precursors.

I could only see Kristen, Olivia and possibly Gaga make it there, and I fear there is a slight chance that they would go for someone not in the conversation.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

I could only see Kristen, Olivia and possibly Gaga make it there, and I fear there is a slight chance that they would go for someone from Europe (outside of UK).

Gaga is Italian! Come through, ancestral roots.

Profile picture
    Shrek Superslam
    Topics:

All of American history, for starters. But go ahead, answer the question. Don’t throw it back at me just because you don’t have an answer.

I’m not throwing it back at you. You said that the reason that Jennifer Hudson probably won’t get nominated is because of racism. I’m asking you why you think that. You have to quantify that first, so then I can respond to you. I don’t think it is because of that, because I have seen no evidence to suggest it. The other nominees are in more popular films or films with better release dates. I have seen nothing to suggest her lack of nominations thus far has anything to do with racism.

If that was true, why was Viola Davis nominated everywhere last year? And why did Andra Day not only get nominated, but win at the Globes?

Your logic doesn’t add up so far, unless you can give me a reason for why you think racism is the reason she probably won’t be nominated.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 13 posts - 511 through 523 (of 523 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 42)’ is closed to new replies.