Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 46)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 46)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 521 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
QueenSansa
BigJay2012
Plumpshell
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Her film flopping in the UK

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Kristen has been the front runner since Venice before Kristen started racking up these critic wins BACK 2 BACK she was a weak frontrunner to some of you users on gold derby now the tone done changed lol. This is a competitive year to get nominated but Kristen momentum is going good and seems like she will be a oscar winner come April. Colman is an industry favorite and Awards Magnet and the lost daughter is doing very good she’s Kristen only competition.

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

Well, I only checked the box office figures for Spencer, I guess I’ll take that back. The figures were not particularly noteworthy though.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Kristen has been the front runner since Venice before Kristen started racking up these critic wins BACK 2 BACK she was a weak frontrunner to some of you users on gold derby now the tone done changed lol. This is a competitive year to get nominated but Kristen momentum is going good and seems like she will be a oscar winner come April. Colman is an industry favorite and Awards Magnet and the lost daughter is doing very good she’s Kristen only competition.

Winning another lead Oscar a couple years i would never predict it. But on Gotham’s stream i seen 3 second clip of Olivia performance in the lost daughter her acting was top notch.Her acting is Oscar baity in a good way very dramatic but nuanced performance she’s respected enough 2 get Oscar number 2. If she wins just bafta I’ll predict her for the Oscar.

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

So what record will be broken this year? For the last 10 years, in terms of BA win, we have

no LFCC nom = Gaga/Chastain/Kidman out

no AACTA nom = Chastain/Colman out

no makeup nom = Stewart/Kidman out

Also, this year might be one of the first where four biopic performances get in and three of them yellow on Metacritic and one of them scored 52 from audiences on RT.

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

And for me the problem is of all the actresses in contention that I have seen so far she gives the poorest performance of any of them. Everybody else is at least pretty good – she has a fake British accent and truly weird mannerisms and the film itself is really not very good at all. I think she is likely going to win, she may even sweep, but that doesn’t mean she’s very good in this role. I am pretending she’s winning for Seberg (I know I am the only one who thinks she was brilliant in Seberg) or Clouds of Sils Mara! I just hope people watch Olivia Colman’s great extraordinary performance and vote for her instead.

You realise that your own opinion is meaningless though, right? You thinking she was terrible, that’s fair. But you’re not a voter and in this case your opinion is clearly contrary to the consensus, which is that Stewart gives the best performance in this category this year. You shouldn’t use your own opinion to read the tea leaves.

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

So what record will be broken this year? For the last 10 years, in terms of BA win, we have no LFCC nom = Gaga/Chastain/Kidman out no AACTA nom = Chastain/Colman out no makeup nom = Stewart/Kidman out Also, this year might be one of the first where four biopic performances get in and three of them yellow on Metacritic and one of them scored 52 from audiences on RT.

There is no such makeup stat.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

And for me the problem is of all the actresses in contention that I have seen so far she gives the poorest performance of any of them. Everybody else is at least pretty good – she has a fake British accent and truly weird mannerisms and the film itself is really not very good at all.

I think she is likely going to win, she may even sweep, but that doesn’t mean she’s very good in this role. I am pretending she’s winning for Seberg (I know I am the only one who thinks she was brilliant in Seberg) or Clouds of Sils Mara!

I just hope people watch Olivia Colman’s great extraordinary performance and vote for her instead.

so just bc username FreemanGriffin from gold Derby forums didnt like Kstew in Spencer that means she doesn’t deserve all the praise and awards she’s getting. Lolzzz ok

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

There is no such makeup stat.

You can check it out for yourself, there is actually for biopic performances.

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: right;”>

You can check it out for yourself, there is actually for biopic performances.

There have only been 2 true biopic performances winning in this category in the last decade. This is not a stat lol.</p>

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: right;”> There have only been 2 true biopic performances winning in this category in the last decade. This is not a stat lol.</p>

Makeup nom does not guarantee winning, but no makeup nom suggests no win since Meryl Streep in The Iron Lady. There are quite a few biopic performances that fits the bill. (Around 10 I would say)

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

Makeup nom does not guarantee winning, but no makeup nom suggests no win since Meryl Streep in The Iron Lady. There are quite a few biopic performances that fits the bill. (Around 10 I would say)

It’s just a very specific thing to zero in and use as a stat. The idea that Zellweger would have lost had Judy missed makeup is absurd. Of course she wouldn’t have.

Profile picture
    K Olivia
    Topics:

Spencer is the definition of a baity biopic..

I keep seeing some users here bizarrely arguing that Spencer isn’t “baity”. In fact it’s the definition of Oscar bait. Not sure what their interpretation of that phrase is but Spencer definitely fits the description.

Profile picture
    Faux architect
    Topics:

Not surprised about the BTR makeup snub. It’s clear it’s a point of contention in the discussions about the movie. I honestly dislike how they made Nicole look like Katharine Hepburn in yellowface in that one scene. But the makeup looks fine in other scenes.
    Time will tell if voters will separate the makeup from the performance.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Nicole (The Others), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

It’s just a very specific thing to zero in and use as a stat. The idea that Zellweger would have lost had Judy missed makeup is absurd. Of course she wouldn’t have.

But she didn’t, correlation and causality are two different things, just like the LFCC and AACTA nom.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 46)’ is closed to new replies.