Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 46)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 46)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 521 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
QueenSansa
Plumpshell
BigJay2012
  • Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

But she didn’t, correlation and causality are two different things, just like the LFCC and AACTA nom.

Indeed. People get too hung up on stats.

Profile picture
    Zuranthium
    Topics:

Give it to Penelope Cruz and break all stats. Foreign language performance! No GG, SAG, or BFCA nomination! Fuck them! In a year where none of the nominees are in Best Picture nominees, and all of these biopic performances have big negatives against them, this is the perfect time for something FRESH.

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

Globe is good indication, but the overlap with the Academy is not significant. I think winning bafta and losing the Globe, Critics Choice and SAG can still lead to an Oscar win, while losing the BAFTA and winning one of the other 3 rarely leads to win the Oscar.

There is absolutely no overlap with the HFPA and the academy. The HFPA is fewer than 100 members and they’re all journalists.

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

Who won Florida Film Critics Circle?

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Who won Florida Film Critics Circle?

No winners announced yet

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

I agree that Kristen is winning, with Colman being second.
    I would honestly put Kidman behind Gaga in terms of chances to win.

But this just seems like Stewart is winning with a possibility of it being Stewart vs Colman in the end.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Interesting stats, for the last decade, no makeup norm = no actress win for biopic performance.

Well, this could change lol. I still think Kristen is still in the lead (as of the moment) her biggest competition however, Colman, is not in a biopic.

If we’re talking about biopics:

Charlize Theron, Reese Witherspoon, Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock all played biopics and none of them received Make Up nominations but still managed to win.

Of course the circumstances of those films are different. (And they happen to NOT be from the past decade)

Reese’s film in particular received Costume Design nominations.

I’m expecting Stewart’s film to receive a nomination in that category as well (Costume Design)

(But if it does indeed happen, hopefully not, Stewart losing won’t specifically be because of Makeup noms)

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Had the pleasure of watching The Worst Person in the World last night and absolutely loved it. By far, one of my favourites of the year. Renate Reinsve was breathtaking. Connected so much with her character and performance. What a revelation.

If there was any justice in the world, she would be fighting for the win, alongside Penélope Cruz. But considering that would be way too good, it obviously won’t happen.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

There is absolutely no overlap with the HFPA and the academy. The HFPA is fewer than 100 members and they’re all journalists.

Most of the journalists I know would be offended by the notion that the HFPA’s members are “all journalists.” Many seem to be grifters who have masqueraded as entertainment “reporters.”

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

Well, this could change lol. I still think Kristen is still in the lead (as of the moment) her biggest competition however, Colman, is not in a biopic. If we’re talking about biopics: Charlize Theron, Reese Witherspoon, Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock all played biopics and none of them received Make Up nominations but still managed to win. Of course the circumstances of those films are different. (And they happen to NOT be from the past decade) Reese’s film in particular received Costume Design nominations. I’m expecting Stewart’s film to receive a nomination in that category as well (Costume Design) (But if it does indeed happen, hopefully not, Stewart losing won’t specifically be because of Makeup noms)

The stats are not determining factors at all, that’s not what I meant. They are indicative of how certain groups of people perceive the performances/films.

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

Just watched BTR on Amazon and Nicole Kidman was fantastic, one of her best performances. I don’t understand how anyone could watch this film and say she doesn’t deserve to be nominated. Her voice transformation is amazing and her brittle determined performance is so on point, it’s stunning to watch.

All those people on Twitter who were complaining that Debra Messing should be cast in this role look like damn fools, there’s no way Messing could of played this role or any of Kidman’s peers for that matter. IMO Kidman’s performance is better than Renee Zellweger’s portrayal of Judy Garland, if she gets snubbed for this it will be an embarrassment.

Profile picture
    Anthony 🐜
    Topics:

Well, this could change lol. I still think Kristen is still in the lead (as of the moment) her biggest competition however, Colman, is not in a biopic.

Olivia Colman is not her biggest competition. Her biggest competition is in a biopic that will 100% win the Oscar for Hair & Makeup.

See y’all after the Golden Globes!

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

there’s no way Messing could of played this role or any of Kidman’s peers for that matter.

Kidman did very well with the role as written but Cate Blanchett would have been just as good if not better. (I still wonder why she left the project; having seen the movie, I suspect she had concerns about either the script or Sorkin as Director, and possibly about both.)

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

Kidman did very well with the role as written but Cate Blanchett would have been just as good if not better. (I still wonder why she left the project; having seen the movie, I suspect she had concerns about either the script or Sorkin as Director, and possibly about both.)

Yes Blanchett is probably the only other actress who could of played the role as good as Kidman.

I’m surprised more people haven’t talked about how great her voice was in the film, she nailed the husky voice of Lucille Ball but also the higher pitched voice of Lucy Ricardo. I don’t think many Americans appreciate how difficult it is for someone with an Australian accent to pull that off and yet if an American does a decent English accent, they’re considered a genius..

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

Olivia Colman is not her biggest competition. Her biggest competition is in a biopic that will 100% win the Oscar for Hair & Makeup. See y’all after the Golden Globes!

I don’t think any of the actress contenders’ films have a hope in hell of winning hair and makeup. I think Cruella wins here.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 46)’ is closed to new replies.