Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 46)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 46)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 511 through 521 (of 521 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
QueenSansa
BigJay2012
Plumpshell
  • Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Olivia Colman is not her biggest competition. Her biggest competition is in a biopic that will 100% win the Oscar for Hair & Makeup.

See y’all after the Golden Globes!

This forum will go crazy when Chastain wins the Golden Globe for Drama. That performance is the kind of performance they always go for. Stewart is not showy enough for them.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Yes Blanchett is probably the only other actress who could of played the role as good as Kidman.

I also think that Rose Byrne would have been as good as Kidman was in the role.

(Lucile Ball was 41 during the week that most of the events in the film took place, and while I’m not saying Kidman was too old for the part, Byrne, who is 42, and an excellent dramatic and comedic actress who is gifted with accents and vocal ranges, would have been an interesting casting choice.)

I’m not dumping on Kidman’s performance. My problems with the film, which are numerous, are primarily with Sorkin and not with any of the actors.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

You realise that your own opinion is meaningless though, right? You thinking she was terrible, that’s fair. But you’re not a voter and in this case your opinion is clearly contrary to the consensus, which is that Stewart gives the best performance in this category this year. You shouldn’t use your own opinion to read the tea leaves.

Did you miss the part where I say I think she’s going to win? Why must people get so reactive when not everybody feels the same about a performance? How about allowing for people to share their opinion without having to snap about it? We all repeat ourselves on here, it’s part of the fun and the headache of being on these forums!

I do think the low audience scores indicate that it isn’t as much of a slam dunk as everyone seems to think. We really don’t know yet which type of a year this is going to be – a Frances McDormand year where she was third in the odds and won anyway, or a Renee Zellweger year where she was inevitable. It will likely be the latter.

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

I’ll be very angry if Kidman does not win the Oscar for BTR.
    Stewart did nothing and played in a boring biopic about Diana for the billionth time by a different actress..

Kidman played a comedian icon AND THE FACT THAT SHE STARTED SMOKING TO GET LUCILLE/LUCY RASPY VOICE IS INSANE!

The difficulty of Kidmans performance of playing two different figures compared to Stewarts basic performance should be recognised (which is currently being praised and shall continue when she gets that 2nd Oscar).

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I’ll be very angry if Kidman does not win the Oscar for BTR.
    Stewart did nothing and played in a boring biopic about Diana for the billionth time by a different actress..

I agree with the second part of what you have to say – I prefer Olivia Colman as far as who should win – but Stewart isn’t all that great in Spencer. It is apparently a crime to say so on here though – they get really angry about anyone daring to say so or thinking there are better performances that are more worthy.

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

I agree with the second part of what you have to say – I prefer Olivia Colman as far as who should win – but Stewart isn’t all that great in Spencer. It is apparently a crime to say so on here though – they get really angry about anyone daring to say so or thinking there are better performances that are more worthy.

You can say she sucks all you want! I’m not gonna tell you not to. You are entitled to your opinion. But personal opinions on performances don’t matter when it comes to awards. If they did then my hatred of Malek in Bohemian Rhapsody would have stopped him from winning.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Kristen is winning unless she loses all the televised awards

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

You can say she sucks all you want! I’m not gonna tell you not to. You are entitled to your opinion. But personal opinions on performances don’t matter when it comes to awards. If they did then my hatred of Malek in Bohemian Rhapsody would have stopped him from winning.

I agree with you on the first half and not on your final sentence, since you likely know how much I love Rami Malek’s performance!

I can say that I am truly puzzled by how well Kristen Stewart is doing this awards season. It is really odd to me. I am glad I at least like her as an actress to make it all the more bearable! (;

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

Kristen would lose the momentum the minute she loses Globe (if she did). The film doesn’t sit well with everyone. I’m not predicting her to sweep the precursors.

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

People need to put their personal feelings or opinions aside and think realistically.

Kristen is winning unless she loses BAFTA.

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

People need to put their personal feelings or opinions aside and think realistically. Kristen is winning unless she loses BAFTA.

And she isn’t losing bafta. So this race is done and has been since Venice lol.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 11 posts - 511 through 521 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 46)’ is closed to new replies.