Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 494 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Plumpshell
Aaron Kalloo
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    asyrafgrande
    Topics:

this is not how the Academy rule the game

that is really what happen during Parasite years.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    rpd00
    Topics:

I saw Kidman in a movie with Sam Neil a little after Days of Thunder. I thought she was talented and attractive. Her marriage introduced her to the industry, but the rest was pure talent.
    On the other hand, Kristen uses physical tools to cover the character, but the emotional response during scenes is what makes her style interesting. She is not conventionally flashy, but I find her approach to be authentic and internalized.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

I’ve rewatched CODA’s final song clip on Youtube darling… and I get more and more impressed with Jones’s performance. She sings while doing that sign language is stunning and heartbreaking, overall a heartfelt performance. She will be a very deserving nominee in this category darling. Her voice deserves a best original score nom.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

that is really what happen during Parasite years.

No, it’s really not.

I agree, people want to shit on the film. It wasn’t great but I didn’t hate it lol. But Gaga brought Patrizia to life. I was Wowed. I felt her anger, sorrow, anguish, and she made me sympathetic to her. That’s powerful acting.

I honestly thought all of the top 5 did a good job! I think the problem with Stewart was it was more subtle for me. Colman, Gaga, and Chastain all give “oscary” performances. Kidman while not my favorite did a good job transforming into Lucille Ball but lacked the Lucy Ricardo, and Stewart was good in Spencer but it was subtle.

Gaga was the best aspect of HoG, hands down. She was incredible. With that being said, I still don’t see her knocking off Kristen. Her winning a televised award would make things interesting, but K-Stew looks primed to sweep those just as she has been sweeping the critics’ awards.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Does anybody know in how much of Spencer (by percentage or length) is Kristen Stewart? She’s in practically every frame and I think it’s one of those Julianne Moore (Still Alice) and Natalie Portman (Black Swan) cases where her percentage is in the 78-80s

Profile picture
    film123
    Topics:

It’s crazy how Stewart has the Globe on lock. Very rarely do repeat Globe winners happen and Stewart hasn’t won a Globe.

Kidman recently won for BLL. Colman already has 3 Globes. Gaga already has a Globe from Original Song. Chastain won for Zero Dark Thirty which admittedly is a while ago, but she is lucky to be nominated.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

It’s crazy how Stewart has the Globe on lock. Very rarely do repeat Globe winners happen and Stewart hasn’t won a Globe.

Kidman recently won for BLL. Colman already has 3 Globes. Gaga already has a Globe from Original Song. Chastain won for Zero Dark Thirty which admittedly is a while ago, but she is lucky to be nominated.

Gaga also won a Globe for American Horror Story. But yeah it’s Kristen’s to lose, especially since she hasn’t won one yet.

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

i really think Renate Reinsve from THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD will earn oscar nomination. aleast 1 unknown actress from foreign language is gonna be nominate. Oscar 2022 Best Actress lineup lineup. unknown foreign – 1 black actress – 1 actress from best picture category – 1 top critics pick performance of the year – 2

She won’t.

Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

I just stopped by to say that Tessa Thompson deserves far more than what she is getting this season.

That is all.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

i really think Renate Reinsve from THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD will earn oscar nomination. aleast 1 unknown actress from foreign language is gonna be nominate. Oscar 2022 Best Actress lineup lineup. unknown foreign – 1 black actress – 1 actress from best picture category – 1 top critics pick performance of the year – 2

As much I want Renate to get nominated and win, girl is not happening. Neon already has Stewart and the Academy isn’t really that friendly to foreign film performances, unless they’re from veterans. If a non english performance happens here, It’ll be Penélope Cruz.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Public Service Announcement and Request

If you place someone on ‘ignore,’ their comments are still visible when they are quoted by someone you have not placed on ‘ignore.’ For this reason, if you find a post offensive because it is racist, sexist or homophobic, or “merely” extremely annoying because it is yet another contribution to an endless stan war devoid of content legitimately relevant to an acting awards competition, please resist the temptation to quote the problematic comment in your reply. If you feel you must respond, please paraphrase.

Thanks very much.

Profile picture
    lulina
    Topics:

Greater Western New York Film Critics Association Awards— Best Lead Actress: • Olivia Colman, THE LOST DAUGHTER • Jodie Comer, THE LAST DUEL • Emilia Jones, CODA • Renate Reinsve, THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD • Kristen Stewart, SPENCER Really awesome lineup! 😍

let’s go Jodieee! loving this line up.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.