Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 494 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Plumpshell
Aaron Kalloo
  • Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

The reason why I’m still predicting Chastain is because I expect her to get a SAG nomination.

Globes + Critics + SAG….how can you argue with that lol

Agree, also Gaga and Kidman seem to be locks for SAG aswell, and all three of them are missing BAFTA unless we get a huge surprise, not saying she’ll be nominated but imo Gaga has a bigger (even tho it’s still small) chance of getting in over Jessica and Nicole. The best thing that could happen to all of them is if the rest of BAFTA nominees (not named Stewart and Colman) are people who weren’t nominated for any other precursors. If Haim makes it, she’s a huge threat for a nom.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I really don’t understand why people are expecting Chastain to miss out.

She has GG and CC and will DEFINITELY get nominated at SAG. She is 2nd on the Metacritic Scorecard. Will you really predict someone with that combination to miss out?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

If one of them gets snubbed my bet is on Kidman.

If Kidman gets snubbed, the academy will lose all credibility. She’s already been snubbed too many times in the past. If they do it again with her stellar performance in BTR it will be unforgivable..

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

The only biopics I can see are Stewart and Kidman peridodt. Non Biopic Colman, Cruz ,Zegler and Thompson and maybe Comer.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

She has GG and CC and will DEFINITELY get nominated at SAG. Will you really predict someone with that combination to miss out?

I don’t have her in my predictions for SAG – why are you so definite about it? I can’t get past how mediocre the movie itself is and she also has the disadvantage of having opened much earlier than almost all of the other potential nominees.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

If Kidman gets snubbed, the academy will lose all credibility. She’s already been snubbed too many times in the past. If they do it again with her stellar performance in BTR it will be unforgivable..

Yes the hell if Chastian can get in over Kidman that’s unforgivable.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I don’t have her in my predictions for SAG – why are you so definite about it? I can’t get past how mediocre the movie itself is and she also has the disadvantage of having opened much earlier than almost all of the other potential nominees.

At SAG, opening early is a boost and not a disadvantage.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

She has GG and CC and will DEFINITELY get nominated at SAG. Will you really predict someone with that combination to miss out?

On paper, it’s obvious to predict her, the only problem she has is that her film bombed, the good side is critics group have given her momentum for a nom + GG, CC and SAG noms will help her a lot, but again, weirder things have happened during Oscar nominations announcement

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

According to the Goldderby odds there are ten actresses with less than 100-1 odds. Which five will not make it in? They can’t all make it in to only five slots!

In alphabetical order: Jessica Chastain, Olivia Colman, Penelope Cruz, Lady Gaga, Alaina Haim, Jennifer Hudson, Nicole Kidman, Frances McDormand, Kristen Stewart, and Rachel Zegler.

I think we will have our answer to this question when the SAG and BAFTA nominations come out. I have seen 7 out of 10 of these actresses, will see two of them this weekend (Haim and McDormand) and have to wait until Jan. 14th to see Cruz’s performance. I have been finding it impossible to lock in predictions until I have seen those three performances.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

At SAG, opening early is a boost and not a disadvantage.

I think the disadvantage of late openings is getting the screeners out on time but I don’t think that will be an issue this year. I think all of the potential nominees will be seen but will they decide to watch The Eyes of Tammy Faye again? Looking forward to Jan. 12th when we will finally get another significant piece of the puzzle towards locking in final predictions for Feb. 8th!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Apparently, SAG nominations and BAFTA longlists are revealed on January 12th. So, GG and CC winners on the 9th and 3 days later SAG noms and BAFTA longlist, damn… all hell will break loose that week.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Apparently, SAG nominations and BAFTA longlists are revealed on January 12th. So, GG and CC winners on the 9th and 3 days later SAG noms and BAFTA longlist, damn all hell will break loose that week.

Thanks for this information! Wow, the 9th and the 12th might be potentially a war zone on here! (;

How many actresses will be on the BAFTA longlist???

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.