Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 494 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Plumpshell
BigJay2012
  • Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Thanks for this information! Wow, the 9th and the 12th might be potentially a war zone on here! (;

How many actresses will be on the BAFTA longlist???

15 (12 by popular vote and 3 by the committee/jury)

Profile picture
    Orestes
    Topics:

I do wonder if Kidman is a more likely snub than Chastain. I haven’t even seen The Eyes of Tammy Faye yet but from trailer and clips alone Chastain’s perf appears both more broadly emotional and physically transformative – more baity, in other words – than the entirety of what Kidman did in Being the Ricardos. Kidman’s character being better-known isn’t a major factor imo, especially as her casting has generated far more controversy than Chastain’s.

Of course we could simply end up with a repeat of the (Drama) Globe 5 at SAG and Oscar and I wouldn’t be surprised.

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

Apparently, SAG nominations and BAFTA longlists are revealed on January 12th

On the same day?? Sweet Jesus.

Profile picture
    Orestes
    Topics:

On the same day?? Sweet Jesus.

The site will crash. Multiple times.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

15 (12 by popular vote and 3 by the committee/jury)

Thanks!

I have a hunch that Honor Swinton Byrne will be one of those fifteen names for her wonderful performance in The Souvenir Part II!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When Kidman and Chastain both get snubbed:

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I do wonder if Kidman is a more likely snub than Chastain. I haven’t even seen The Eyes of Tammy Faye yet but from trailer and clips alone Chastain’s perf appears both more broadly emotional and physically transformative – more baity, in other words – than the entirety of what Kidman did in Being the Ricardos. Kidman’s character being better-known isn’t a major factor imo, especially as her casting has generated far more controversy than Chastain’s.

Of course we could simply end up with a repeat of the (Drama) Globe 5 at SAG and Oscar and I wouldn’t be surprised.

On one hand Chastain has the better emotional arc and the showier performance, Kidman has a perfomance that will really resonate with industry voters. There’s also more nostalgia with regards to Lucille Ball when compared with Tammy Faye. Both Kidman and Chastain have outstanding final scenes but Kidman is in a movie with more pedigree. I think both are in for the Oscars.

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

When Kidman and Chastain both get snubbed:

When Frances wins SAG and BAFTA out of nowhere and takes her 4th Best Actress Oscar

Leaving all the ladies shocked

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I agree in thinking there will be a p.o.c. actress nominated – there is a large enough segment of voters who will fill a need to fill one of those five slots with one. Jennifer Hudson is the only one in the top 10; forgive my ignorance but maybe Rachel Zegler would be seen as such as well?. I usually think of this as a desire for black actresses to be nomianted; there were two last year. This is why I am stubbornly keeping Jennifer Hudson in my predictions. (and it’s not going to be Tessa Thompson or Halle Berry, no matter how much you love their performances they have no traction whatsoever).

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Kristen
    Olivia
    Nicole
    Gaga
    Penelope

I honestly think anything could happen with Chastain.. Like we’re all assuming that Gaga is pretty much a lock but maybe the competition is too tough this year and she will take the L bc Gucci is not as Oscary as the rest… I don’t think voters think in terms of who will bring in the biggest audience. Gaga is v popular but maybe she could be the victim of ppl assuming others will vote for her and then go for someone else.

Profile picture
    oxymoron
    Topics:

I agree in thinking there will be a p.o.c. actress nominated – there is a large enough segment of voters who will fill a need to fill one of those five slots with one. Jennifer Hudson is the only one in the top 10; forgive my ignorance but maybe Rachel Zegler would be seen as such as well?. I usually think of this as a desire for black actresses to be nomianted; there were two last year. This is why I am stubbornly keeping Jennifer Hudson in my predictions. (and it’s not going to be Tessa Thompson or Halle Berry, no matter how much you love their performances they have no traction whatsoever).

Black actresses won’t be nominated just because they are black. There were no Oscar-worthy performances from POC actresses this year.

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

Nicole was AHMAZING in BTR, Aussie legend is still fighting for the thing 😌

Profile picture
    touchofmyfeet
    Topics:

Guys, Colman has the Oscar in her bag. Kristen is not winning.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.