Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 481 through 494 (of 494 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Plumpshell
Aaron Kalloo
  • Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Unrelated to this year, but I rewatched Young Promising Woman yesterday and I just wish movies like that were included in our educational curriculum. Make every man watch that.

And I still don’t understand how Mulligan lost the Oscar.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Unrelated to this year, but I rewatched Young Promising Woman yesterday and I just wish movies like that were included in our educational curriculum. Make every man watch that. And I still don’t understand how Mulligan lost the Oscar.

Correct me if I’m wrong but is the Carey Mulligan/Alana Haim comparison accurate? (not the roles but the pathway)

Profile picture
    vertibort6
    Topics:

you’re going to cause drama on Christmas eve. People here easy to get trigger when seeing “Kristen Stewart win OSCAR” statement.

So you are not expecting for drama? Gurl…

Mood Bitch Please GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

It just so happens that the worst person in the world gave the best performance of the year…

Emmy FYC:

Chloë Sevigny in “The Girl From Plainville” and “Russian Doll”

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Correct me if I’m wrong but is the Carey Mulligan/Alana Haim comparison accurate? (not the roles but the pathway)

If Haim wins CCA, sure yeah it’d be a huge boost for a nomination. But Mulligan was much stronger than Haim is this year. She even won LAFCA (deservedly!).

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

That 5th spot is just so tough….I want to put Haim back in and remove Chastain (my number 5 currently) but its just so tough to do that lol Chastain is most likely going to get a SAG nomination. I just have a slight feeling someone from that Globe Drama top 5 might ultimately get snubbed come Oscar morning. I just don’t know who exactly.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

If Haim wins CCA, sure yeah it’d be a huge boost for a nomination. But Mulligan was much stronger than Haim is this year. She even won LAFCA (deservedly!).

Yes! Mulligan for sure was a bit stronger! But it’s likely that Haim might miss BAFTA as well. (hence the similarities) But like you’ve mentioned Mulligan did won LAFCA and got nominated in LFCC.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

CC has nothing to do with critics, if that was the case, McDormand, Oldman, Janney and Rockwell wouldn’t have won in 2018, Close and Gaga wouldn’t have tied either in 2019 and Joaquin wouldn’t have won in 2020 as well. Every one of them were in an awfully bad place with critics wins, most of them had a boost because of their wins with industry awards, but still came in second place, some even third, in the total of wins after the Oscar.

Some of these weren’t in a bad place with critics wins, they were in first and second place in the leaderboard

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

It just so happens that the worst person in the world gave the best performance of the year…

I keep hearing great things about this movie like is the new Citizen Kane or better.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Happy Holidays!!!

Being the Ricardos is now streaming on Amazon Prime…..with a performance by Nicole Kidman that SHOULD be winning the Oscar. Enjoy!

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I really don’t see the comparison. PYW premiered at Sundance well over a year before the Oscar ceremony and buzz for Mulligan had been building for a very long time before she won LAFCA and something like 24 other regional critics’ awards. In contrast, nobody had seen Haim’s performance in LP until after the festival season was over.

Profile picture
    Mary
    Topics:

Melissa McCarthy was good but I’d have given her slot to Carey Mulligan in ‘Wildlife’ — her best performance to date.

She was AMAZING in Wildlife. Still mad that the movie and the performances were snubbed.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Say it louder!!!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 14 posts - 481 through 494 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.