Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 556 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Aaron Kalloo
coopC
FreemanGriffin
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 48 is now open.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    GMonty777
    Topics:

My pre-SAG predictions, and yes, they are bound to change.

1. Kristen Stewart – Critics Choice and Golden Globe nominee. Currently leads the Critics Circle awards.
    2. Lady Gaga – Critics Choice and Golden Globe nominee. Won the NY film critics award for Best Actress.
    3. Nicole Kidman – Critics Choice and Golden Globe nominee. Her film is getting screenplay, actor, and supporting actor attention.
    4. Jessica Chastain – Critice Choice and Golden Globe nominee. The 4th actress on the list to play a real-life person.
    5. Alana Haim – Critics Choice and Golden Globe nominee. Her film is getting picture, director, screenplay, and multiple acting recognition.

In play is Olivia Colman (Globe + Critics Choice nod), Emilia Jones, Jennifer Lawrence (Globe nod), Marion Cotillard (Globe nod), Penelope Cruz (LA Film critics win), Emma Stone (Globe nod), and Rachel Zegler (Globe nod + NBR win).

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

If Chastain,Colman,Gaga,Kidman and Stewart get nominated, it will be the third successive year when the Oscars 5 exactly mirrored the GG Drama 5.

Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

What do you guys think of Alana’s performance?

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

My pre-SAG predictions, and yes, they are bound to change.

1. Kristen Stewart – Critics Choice and Golden Globe nominee. Currently leads the Critics Circle awards.
    2. Lady Gaga – Critics Choice and Golden Globe nominee. Won the NY film critics award for Best Actress.
    3. Nicole Kidman – Critics Choice and Golden Globe nominee. Her film is getting screenplay, actor, and supporting actor attention.
    4. Jessica Chastain – Critice Choice and Golden Globe nominee. The 4th actress on the list to play a real-life person.
    5. Alana Haim – Critics Choice and Golden Globe nominee. Her film is getting picture, director, screenplay, and multiple acting recognition.

In play is Olivia Colman (Globe + Critics Choice nod), Emilia Jones, Jennifer Lawrence (Globe nod), Marion Cotillard (Globe nod), Penelope Cruz (LA Film critics win), Emma Stone (Globe nod), and Rachel Zegler (Globe nod + NBR win).

I think the last spot in SAG will be between Cruz or Colman. Although Colman won’t necessarily need it. She could happen. Hudson is also a possibility.

Hudson or Haim as the possible surprises.

Profile picture
    Rynd_Rawikara
    Topics:

Not to derail the thread and drag us back to 2019, but it’s a shame that Emma Stone was regulated to Best Supporting Actress for The Favourite because 1. She was absolutely not a supporting performance and 2. She gave a better performance than all the Best Actress nominees except Colman and Close.

It irks me that back then people call Colman’s placement a category fraud. If anything, Weisz and Stone were the ones frauded into the wrong category.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Disliked it. Completely one note and a wrong note. If there is going to be a young woman nominated it ought to be Rachel Zegler who not only gives a great acting performance but her singing is acting too and she is flawless in all of her songs.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Here’s my personal lineup darling.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Outstanding. Insofar as the central relationship is believable, it’s because she feels absolutely grounded in reality while still being a delight to watch. It’s possible that PTA just got a great performance out of her, but it’s also possible that a star has been born. (Well, a different star from the star she had previously been.)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I want so much to move Rachel Zegler to my fifth slot. She is so amazing in West Side Story. Saw it for a fourth time yesterday and the acting she does throughout is so amazing! She and Ariana DeBose are stunning in the “A Boy Like That/I Have a Love” sequence. The argument Maria has with Bernardo (and Anita) in the kitchen, her scene at the end of the movie, her radiance, just the way she moves around her bedroom, and oh her vocal performance on the songs! Sheer heaven! It would be so great if she were to join Olivia Colman, Lady Gaga, Nicole Kidman and Kristen Stewart in the Best Actress lineup!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 556 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.