Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 556 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Aaron Kalloo
coopC
FreemanGriffin
  • Profile picture
    UmOkaaayyyyy
    Topics:

What do you guys think of Alana’s performance?

It’s the most overrated performance of the year in my opinion. She was adequate, but totally one note and nothing award worthy. She said literally every single line the same. It’s a shame she seems to have more heat than much more deserving contenders like Hudson, Thompson, and Berry… That said, there is no way in hell, she is getting nom’d at SAG. And I highly doubt, she gets in anywhere else. Her awards run ends with Critics (which she will lose to Stewart) and Globes (which she will lose to the brilliant Zegler).

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

She wasn’t one note. She just portrayed a character with a forceful personality who’s trying hard to put up a front. She’s very effective in the quieter moments, if you ask me—and always believable.

Profile picture
    E9k
    Topics:

Miss Kristen Jaymes Stewart didn’t give performance of the year, she gave us one of the best performances of all time. 

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Miss Kristen Jaymes Stewart didn’t give performance of the year, she gave us one of the best performances of all time.

This is a lie. Theres many many many better performances than hers. All that huffin and puffin and whispering barley cracks the top 50

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    paddylastinc
    Topics:

this scene alone is fcking incredible and deserving of an oscar or two. she literally and figuratively ate—

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Stewart’s performance is not one note.

In the beginning of the film, I also felt that the performance is one note but as the film progressed, we got to see the warm side of Diana with her children, her funny side with Maggie on the beach and her independent side at the end of the film and then I realised the mastery of her performance. It nicely showed a woman filled with inner turmoil and desperate to be free but is encaged by bondages everywhere.

Definitely an Oscar worthy turn and perhaps a career defining performance.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

It’s the most overrated performance of the year in my opinion. She was adequate, but totally one note and nothing award worthy. She said literally every single line the same. It’s a shame she seems to have more heat than much more deserving contenders like Hudson, Thompson, and Berry… That said, there is no way in hell, she is getting nom’d at SAG. And I highly doubt, she gets in anywhere else. Her awards run ends with Critics (which she will lose to Stewart) and Globes (which she will lose to the brilliant Zegler).

So true, a lot of people don’t know the difference in category between ‘best picture’ and ‘best actress’ and they automatically rave whoever is in an acclaimed movie, no matter if the performance is just decent, they only see that Metacritic number and also in these boards it punctually happens, it has became judging a supposed artistic performance from the Metacritic number.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Here’s my personal lineup darling.

LatriceTaste

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Being The Ricardos has 8 screenings for AMPAS late December and January in New York and California.

Being the Ricardos

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

My current predictions are Olivia Colman, Lady Gaga, Jennifer Hudson, Nicole Kidman, and Kristen Stewart – but I so want Rachel Zegler to make it in to the lineup. Am I being too influenced by the posters here on Goldderby? Should I move Hudson out and put Zegler in? I just think Hudson is superb and her AACTA nomination makes me think she’s still possible. SAG will decide this for me.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I recently watched BTR again.

Nicole Kidman really deserves the Oscar. She was so incredible in this role, and perhaps the best she’s ever been. And she’s been amazing time after time.

Every nuance, every monologue, how layered Nicole’s performance was, how heartbreaking and funny she was. She COMPLETELY embodied Lucille Ball without doing a impersonation. She deserves the Oscar.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

And actually how subtle and nuanced Nicole played Lucille Ball reminded me of Meryl Streep in the Devil Wears Prada.

an acting masterclass.

Profile picture
    film123
    Topics:

This is the atrocious movie y’all are supporting?

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

We really need to have a thumbs down button.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Oh yes darling. This is a performance for the ages.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 556 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.