Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 556 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Aaron Kalloo
coopC
FreemanGriffin
  • Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

I saw someone bring up Andra Day. Speaking of her she needs to go start auditioning she has very good acting skills and if she got a golden globe win and Oscar nomination off her first movie in a made for tv type film. Imagine the awards she could possibly win in a quality film.

Yah she should of booked another role by now

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

https://www.rogerebert.com/features/24-great-performances-of-2021

If Lady Gaga were to retire from acting tomorrow, she would have one of the most significant filmographies of any actor in the 21st century. Her sophomore performance in Ridley Scott’s “House of Gucci” as Patrizia Reggiani is like the dark flip side of her luminescent work in Bradley Cooper’s “A Star is Born,” which announced her as a singular on-screen presence who could give us a movie star’s mega-wattage presence, and also a completely unpretentious portrait of someone who still lives with their parents. She explores these qualities again with “House of Gucci” on a grandiose and darker scale—she is completely at ease with eager, fidgety energy, the look of falling in love, just as much as when she is masking her desperation for security with an ice-cold glare against her husband Maurizio Gucci’s new lady friend. Her presence is classic and singular at once: the impossible-to-break gaze of eyes that cameras are made for, whose emotional calibration always makes sure we never forget where a character has come from, what they are truly fighting or. While “House of Gucci” lets other actors splatter paint over the Gucci logo, Lady Gaga’s authenticity reckons with nothing less than the phenomenon of passion.

Lady Gaga gives us so much to see; as a stage performer she knows how to use her body to take you even deeper, and when to do it so it shows you just how alive the soul is on-screen. In “A Star is Born,” it is the eureka moment when she is pushed to introduce “Shallow” on stage—the words of the chorus escape from her, she’s crossing the threshold into being a music legend, and suddenly her hands raise to cover her eyes. In “House of Gucci,” it’s at a moment when her persona of humility has now transformed into desperation to keep the sense of security she has fought for since trying to win a date with Maurizio. Baited by her co-star Jared Leto in a hammy scene, he tells her to cross her heart and hope to die. She does, with dialogue that perfects her character’s allegiance: “Father, Son, and House of Gucci.” It’s the movie’s best line, and its most sincere and revealing moment, and it’s the movie’s title, and apparently she made it up. Up to that point, Lady Gaga had given us a rich, compassionate arc to show how Patrizia got to this cult-ish, gaudy point of no return, and she still moves and surprises us, though it’s obvious she always will. In the wise words of “House of Gucci”: she will be queen. (Nick Allen)

Profile picture
    oxymoron
    Topics:

…and that’s where I stop reading.

Cope.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

…and that’s where I stop reading. Please.

Lol haha 😂

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10345623/Princess-Diana-aide-says-Spencer-movie-starring-Kristen-Stewart-not-comfortable-watch.html Well…

Liza Minelli hated Judy. Renée still won the Oscar. This is irrelevant.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Let’s just say (using just as an example) if Chastain or Kidman were to sweep Globes, CC and SAG but Kristen won BAFTA, I would give the edge to Kristen in predicting her for the Oscar. That’s just my personal view. it’s obvious Kristen is winning CC but I was just using as an example.

No one is sweeping this year it’s so competitive.

Golden Globes Kidman

SAG Jessica

BAFTA Olivia

Critics Choice Kristen

Oscar? Kristen Olivia or  Nicole

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

If there’s a split in all the precursors, I hope Lady Gaga doesn’t become the Vanessa Kirby of the season. My girl deserves better.  SAG must do the right thing

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

1. Stewart

2. Kidman

3. Colman

4. Chastain

5. LG

The winner seems to be amongst the top 3. Other contenders have many drawbacks. They really did Thompson dirty for less deserving performances. It’s laughable.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

I just can’t see Kidman having a real shot to win this. Not for that film. I see her peaking at Globes and maybe SAG if she’s lucky.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

…and that’s where I stop reading. Please.

Sometimes the truth is hard to handle.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

West Side Story Global Box Office: 36.6M

Respect Global Box Office: 31.8M

Spencer Global Box Office: 14.3M

Licorice Pizza Global Box Office: 3.7M

The Eyes of Tammy Faye Global Box Office: 2.4M

= 88.8M

House of Gucci Global Box Office: 111M

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

West Side Story Global Box Office: 36.6M Respect Global Box Office: 31.8M Spencer Global Box Office: 14.3M Licorice Pizza Global Box Office: 3.7M The Eyes of Tammy Faye Global Box Office: 2.4M = 88.8M House of Gucci Global Box Office: 111M

It helps when your lead actress is a bonafide “butts-in-seats” movie star. 😏

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

Sometimes the truth is hard to handle.

You are one of the more bearable stans, don’t ruin it by endorsing such nonsense!

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Hun… you should read it first Liza Minnelli has ‘no interest in seeing’ Renee Zellweger’s performance as her mother Judy Garland: ‘I hope she had a good time making it’

Please don’t call me hun.

And I stand corrected. But I believe my point still stands. The fact she didn’t even want to see it and was vocal about it didn’t prevent Renée from winning.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 556 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.