Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 49)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 49)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 456 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Aaron Kalloo
M
FreemanGriffin
  • Profile picture
    ShinySeaDiamond
    Topics:

Jennifer Lawrence took time off in 2018-19 from acting in order to raise awareness about financial corruption in politics, and is a board member of RepresentUs, an organisation focused on that same area. Since DLU explores the corrosive link between money and policy making (even if it doesn’t always do it well), I can imagine she felt genuinely passionate about the movie’s message, and that kind of commitment can make your performance better than it otherwise would be.

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

I didn’t like Spencer but I’m a huge fan of Kristen Stewart. So, I wonder if an Oscar win/nom will help or hurt her career?!…. She is one of the most interesting actresses but recently she said her real dream is to be a Movie/Film Director

Profile picture
    Rynd_Rawikara
    Topics:

In another news, actress Park So-dam (Jessica in Parasite) was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and had successfully undergone a surgery. Let’s wish her a quick recovery.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I didn’t like Spencer but I’m a huge fan of Kristen Stewart. So, I wonder if an Oscar win/nom will help or hurt her career?!…. She is one of the most interesting actresses but recently she said her real dream is to be a Movie/Film Director

How could an Oscar win/nom hurt Stewart’s career? At the very least, even if she does decide to pursue directing, wouldn’t one help her to be offered more and “better” acting roles?

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Kidman just did a video for Golden Globes

Watch out for Kidman in Best Actress – Drama

Profile picture
    asyrafgrande
    Topics:

next year OSCAR’S 2022 for both female acting categories could be win by both Kristen.

Best Actress – Kristen Stewart
    Best Supporting Actress – Kristen Dunst

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Kidman just did a video for Golden Globes Watch out for Kidman in Best Actress – Drama

Im predicting her to win the Golden Globes. She’s beloved there , she’s tie with the most nominations with Meryl Streep.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Kidman just did a video for Golden Globes Watch out for Kidman in Best Actress – Drama

Im predicting her to win the Golden Globes. She’s beloved there , she’s tied with the most nominations with Meryl Streep.

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Funny, how people are up and arms over a racist Asian scene, but completely ignoring the fact this is a semi pedophile ridden film. Doesn’t matter if you play whichever card you want. If it were an OLDER MAN going after a YOUNG GIRL this movie would be ultra canceled.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I kinda feel like Lawrence’s team was milking her girl-next-door persona till its last drop, and then it backfired…. She started in independent circuit and while I’m glad she found wordwide success, I kinda wish she stays on making independent dramas/comedies.

I also hope Lawrence goes back to “making independent dramas/comedies” but I don’t think that accepting $25 million to star in a Netflix film is an indication that this is her plan. I am all for actors getting paid well but it is somewhat disturbing to me that her salary alone for Don’t Look Up exceeded the entire film budget for any movie which has ever qualified for an Independent Spirit Award, where budgets for eligibility are capped at $22.5 million. This means that Lawrence’s salary alone for DLU exceeded the budgets for Twelve Years A Slave, Get Out, Spotlight, Carol, Jackie, If Beale Street Could Talk, etc. Again, I don’t begrudge her the payday, but I don’t see that making this movie is a sign of her getting back to her independent film roots.

Profile picture
    ShinySeaDiamond
    Topics:

I don’t begrudge her the payday, but I don’t see that making this movie is a sign of her getting back to her independent film roots.

On the other hand, getting a pay check of this amount for one film gives her the financial stability necessary to pursue less profitable independent films. A lot of actors take cash jobs to fund the small movies they’re more interested in.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Haim is propably missing at this point. Her hype has died out since the film got divisive audience reactions and she is not getting a SAG nom.

Profile picture
    Rynd_Rawikara
    Topics:

I also hope Lawrence goes back to “making independent dramas/comedies” but I don’t think that accepting $25 million to star in a Netflix film is an indication that this is her plan. I am all for actors getting paid well but it is somewhat disturbing to me that her salary alone for Don’t Look Up exceeded the entire film budget for any movie which has ever qualified for an Independent Spirit Award, where budgets for eligibility are capped at $22.5 million. This means that Lawrence’s salary alone for DLU exceeded the budgets for Twelve Years A Slave, Get Out, Spotlight, Carol, Jackie, If Beale Street Could Talk, etc. Again, I don’t begrudge her the payday, but I don’t see that making this movie is a sign of her getting back to her independent film roots.

I didn’t say that her starring in DLU is an indication that she will star in smaller films. Sorry if that’s the point that you get. Also, idk how the whole business works, but can you be an actor whose pay ranges from $1million to $25million? Some actors/actresses will never be in small films anymore since smaller production could never be able to afford their salary.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Most of these chicks shouldn’t even be nominated. Their films are all ATROCIOUS outside of Haim 1. Stewart- Spencer- One of the worst film of the year and I’ve seen Annette and Old. What a giant fucking turd Spencer is. This fairy tale snooze fest belongs nowhere near the Oscars 2. Gaga- House Of Gucci- Are you fucking kidding me? Are all the critics actually sucking Lady Gaga’s dick or what? What the hell did I see? Her performance was as cringe as it was on AHS. Hammy when it didn’t need to be, awful awful face expressions throughout. Just amateurish asf 3. Kidman- Being The Ricardos- Are you serious!? Miss plastic surgery needs to stop it already. How can your face be froze and stuck like that but you are really going to play a legend known for using her facial expressions as a thing for her. She’s known for that! Don’t hire the middle aged lady that is the queen of froze face and her movie SUCKED awful awful film 4. Chastain- Eyes Of Tammy Faye- listen layers and layers of makeup cant make up for a subpar performance. Yeah she sang so what? It’s a terrible movie with a basic performance. The last 5 minutes can’t save 2 hours of nothing but heavy over the top makeup. This shit was lifetime all day across the board. Awful movie. Awful script. Awful Direction.

are we supposedly taking this seriously darling? What the fuck is this?

Profile picture
    Rynd_Rawikara
    Topics:

Most of these chicks shouldn’t even be nominated. Their films are all ATROCIOUS outside of Haim 1. Stewart- Spencer- One of the worst film of the year and I’ve seen Annette and Old. What a giant fucking turd Spencer is. This fairy tale snooze fest belongs nowhere near the Oscars 2. Gaga- House Of Gucci- Are you fucking kidding me? Are all the critics actually sucking Lady Gaga’s dick or what? What the hell did I see? Her performance was as cringe as it was on AHS. Hammy when it didn’t need to be, awful awful face expressions throughout. Just amateurish asf 3. Kidman- Being The Ricardos- Are you serious!? Miss plastic surgery needs to stop it already. How can your face be froze and stuck like that but you are really going to play a legend known for using her facial expressions as a thing for her. She’s known for that! Don’t hire the middle aged lady that is the queen of froze face and her movie SUCKED awful awful film 4. Chastain- Eyes Of Tammy Faye- listen layers and layers of makeup cant make up for a subpar performance. Yeah she sang so what? It’s a terrible movie with a basic performance. The last 5 minutes can’t save 2 hours of nothing but heavy over the top makeup. This shit was lifetime all day across the board. Awful movie. Awful script. Awful Direction.

Uh-oh, an account made a few minutes ago.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 456 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 49)’ is closed to new replies.