Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 5)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 496 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
kaziz
Diamond Tier
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 5 is now open.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

She’s coming

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Respect is already into the yellow on MC. If Hudson can maintain momentum she could be a sole nominee but that’s as far as it’s going. She won’t have the release date or box office that got Rami Malek the nod.

Even Entertainment Weekly didn’t like it.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I’m starting to feel as though we’re underestimating Nicole Kidman… I’m strongly considering moving her to #1 but I wanna see a trailer first.

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Wonder if this 2022 race will be a nail biter as 2021’s was

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Respect is already into the yellow on MC. If Hudson can maintain momentum she could be a sole nominee but that’s as far as it’s going. She won’t have the release date or box office that got Rami Malek the nod. Even Entertainment Weekly didn’t like it.

They didn’t particularly like her performance either.

Outside of other potential nominees, Hudson first has to overcome Gaga – if HoG does well Gaga will get all of MGM’s campaign attention.

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

Now that reviews are out on Respect (Mixed overall, acclaimed performance)

Next batch of movies to look forward to at Venice:

The Lost Daughter

Parallel Mothers

The Power of Dog

Spencer

The Last Duel

I think nominations will be quite clear at this point. Only Cate and Lady Gaga performance will be in fog after September

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Yeah based on 10 reviews so far. Entertainment Weekly didn’t love Judy either and also ended up in the mid 60s on MC. Judy’s box office was abysmal in the US, pre COVID mind you. No one saw it and it still worked out for Renee. Jennifer will be just fine.

Renee had a completely different narrative (and a much stronger one) than Hudson. And as I said above – she may not even be a priority come campaigning time, as Gaga is coming in November.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Yeah based on 10 reviews so far. Entertainment Weekly didn’t love Judy either and also ended up in the mid 60s on MC. Judy’s box office was abysmal in the US, pre COVID mind you. No one saw it and it still worked out for Renee.

Jennifer will be just fine.

Fine for the nomination or fine for the win?

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

And what was Renee’s narrative?

I know you’re doing this to annoy/bait me, but I’ll bite – Renee had taken several years off after getting a bit burned out (her words not mine) and had a huge comeback narrative that got really amped up come awards time.

Sure Hudson might get nominated but I highly doubt the Academy is chomping at the bit to give her a second win.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

And what was Renee’s narrative?

Renee was part of the last Superstar era if the early 00s and Judy was her comeback. Plus, Judy Garland’s heartbreaking story and her being snubbed added to Renee’s win.

Hudson can still get nominated and she may get 2 nods (one for song writing) just to honor Aretha.

I hate that narrative plays such a strong role these days, personally.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Renee was declared a frontrunner/winner right after her movie premiered in Telluride. The narrative helped a lot. She went on to receive a lot of tributes. All pundits are praising Jhuds performance but saying it is not enough for a win. Not sure if Jhud was worse than Renee but the reception is different.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.