Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 5)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 496 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
kaziz
Diamond Tier
  • Profile picture
    Topics:

And GD is filled with annoying KStew haters who seem to be living in 2008. Stewart’s career is literally praised and she’s pretty much due for her first nomination. She has received critical acclaim for plenty of her performances in the last 10 years and honestly, it’s quite tacky to deny her success in independent movies. You can still dislike her of course, but re-writing history and act like she’s some low-life Razzie-winner actress if that thing would label all her future efforts shows an incredibly biased take on things.

Aa

wut? I did not even say anything negative about stewart. I said her stans are annoying and you are proving my point.

Johnny Depp Is A Monster

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

wut? I did not even say anything negative about stewart. I said her stans are annoying and you are proving my point.

Vice versa.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Would you say Colman could win the Oscar?

as a fan YES OFC and as a more objective person if they campaign right why not but we are talking about olivia colman here she usually never comes out of her house and doesn’t campaign at all lol. but nomination is a sure thing imo

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Unless Kristen Stewart delivers an undeniable performance, she can easily miss. American audiences still don’t take her acting ability seriously. She’s yet to prove herself, in the States, as a legitimate actress. Girlfriend will need to be Charlize Theron in Monster good.

Profile picture
    Topics:

Vice versa.

You are starting to look like you’re obsessed with Stewart. You pounce whenever someone says something negative about her.  And it’s not like she is the only actress who gets extreme hate on this forum.

Johnny Depp Is A Monster

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

as a fan YES OFC and as a more objective person if they campaign right why not but we are talking about olivia colman here she usually never comes out of her house and doesn’t campaign at all lol. but nomination is a sure thing imo

Of all the films that have come out this year with a lead actress performance that you’ve seen (I’m not sure what all you’ve seen, so forgive me), would you say she gives the best performance of the contenders so far?

FYC
    Everything Everywhere All at Once for everything, everywhere, all at once

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

You are starting to look like you’re obsessed with Stewart. You pounce whenever someone says something negative about her. And it’s not like she is the only actress who gets extreme hate on this forum.

I’m expressing my opinions, just like you. You can call me obsessive and I can call you an obsessive hater and then what? It has no point. The truth is that this is a prediction forum and there are an unfair amount of negative bias on Stewart’s chances. People saying things like she has to prove herself to the audience (like they would matter) or that she doesn’t have a chance because she hasn’t received industry nominations so far are just weird takes and even if I will be the only one calling them out, so be it!

I’ve never criticized valid arguments and I’ve never said she’s a lock to anything. But the negative superlatives based on personal preferences must be placed in a different forum that the predictions one.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

To answer the question. Yes, I am sure that I’m a Kristen Stewart Stan. I really liked her in that mediocre Charlie’s Angels reboot that flopped and I liked her in that gay Christmas romance movie. I hate that people still hold her performances in Twilight against her. But what I’m not going to do is ignore the reality of her career and the reception of her as an actress. She can get a nomination just like any other actress of course but it won’t be easy. People like to ignore it but I still believe that JLo didn’t get in for her Hustlers performance because of how people view her as an actress. I’m not saying that it should but perception does matter a lot. It’s why Jim Carrey will probably never be nominated despite fans crying about his supposed “snubs.”

Profile picture
    Topics:

Of all the films that have come out this year with a lead actress performance that you’ve seen (I’m not sure what all you’ve seen, so forgive me), would you say she gives the best performance of the contenders so far?

tbh I’ve only seen the lost daughter, the first 20 minutes of spencer and 10 mins of the eyes of tammy faye so far ( those are the only ones i can think of w lead actress atm at least), so I can’t really say anything from that ig . but in general it’s a very good performance

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

To answer the question. Yes, I am sure that I’m a Kristen Stewart Stan. I really liked her in that mediocre Charlie’s Angels reboot that flopped and I liked her in that gay Christmas romance movie. I hate that people still hold her performances in Twilight against her. But what I’m not going to do is ignore the reality of her career and the reception of her as an actress. She can get a nomination just like any other actress of course but it won’t be easy. People like to ignore it but I still believe that JLo didn’t get in for her Hustlers performance because of how people view her as an actress. I’m not saying that it should but perception does matter a lot. It’s why Jim Carrey will probably never be nominated despite fans crying about his supposed “snubs.”

She has earned critical acclaim for many of her movies in her last ten years. She’s worked with Woody Allen, Oliver Assayas, Ang Lee or David Fincher. I understand that the general audience is divisive on her, and it’s a valid argument, but other than that, the industry & critics see her differently. Lopez never had the same acclaim in her career, not even in the beginning.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Profile picture
    Topics:

She has earned critical acclaim for many of her movies in her last ten years. She’s worked with Woody Allen, Oliver Assayas, Ang Lee or David Fincher. I understand that the general audience is divisive on her, and it’s a valid argument, but other than that, the industry & critics see her differently. Lopez never had the same acclaim in her career, not even in the beginning.

working with woody allen is not a flex

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

He is/was seen as a great director, but I get your point.

How was Stewart in the first 20 minutes?

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Profile picture
    Topics:

How was Stewart in the first 20 minutes?

she is good enough to get a nomination imo but i don’t think the win is a possibility but we will see, maybe she gets better further in the film

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Don’t forget Adam Sandler as well. He was terrific in Punch-Drunk Love & Uncut Gems but was ignored by the Academy. His reputation as a ‘bad’ actor (and the unconventionality of his acclaimed films) definitely hurt him.

Profile picture
    Topics:

https://www.vulture.com/2016/05/kristen-stewart-defends-working-with-woody-allen.html

Isn’t she a Woody Allen apologist?

Johnny Depp Is A Monster

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.