Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 629 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
The Northman
Aaron Kalloo
kallewickans_3
  • Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I don’t know. Colman isn’t that much into externally transformative acting in the way Streep is. For example, I can imagine Streep actually doing an Italian accent if she played Leda in the film, and that kind of acting is relatively easy to measure objectively, when compared to the more subjective elements of acting, and so it’s easier to reward. A huge reason as to why Streep amassed so many nominations can be explained by her talent for accents, which no other American thespian has been able to match.

Colman is closer to Frances McDormand than Meryl Streep imo. She’s not as transformative, but is probably a new Academy favorite.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Betty White had passed away at 99. So fucking sad…

Just on the last day of 2021. It would have been glorious if it happened after her 100th birthday since it’s only in two weeks. RIP to her still. She spent 99 solid years on earth

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Betty White had passed away at 99. So fucking sad…

I’m so fucking sad. I loved Betty White since I was a kid. I was so excited for her 100th birthday in January.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I finally watched Don’t Look Up. Jennifer Lawrence is superb in this. One of my favourites of the year

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

She defies the universal notion of motherhood, and that’s why I think some voters will not connect with her at all. The movie is also very slow.

Hoo boy something tells me she will resonate with every single mother in the Academy. Leda *is* the real story of motherhood; the only thing she defies is the universal whitewash of saintliness we’ve had forced down our throats for millennia.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

If I’m not mistaken, it’s the same release strategy The Father had last year and hey, that boded well for Anthony.

Timing wise, it’s the same strategy used for Judas and the Last Messiah, and that worked out okay for Daniel Kaluuya, too.

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

After seeing The Lost Daughter I 100% agree that Olivia is getting that nom, but she’s not winning. You understand where her character’s choices and behaviour are coming from (and of course she’s marvelous), but at the end of the day her character is still kinda unlikable (yes, I know). She won’t get many people on her side, no matter the reasons. Sadly for a woman.

Kristen’s Spencer is also super annoying to some people and Gaga is playing a “villain”. Such a weird year.

Profile picture
    laurelakin
    Topics:

Ok, I have seen all the performances under awards’ contention(except Renate Reinsve). Olivia Colman gives the performance of the year for me.But the character is hard to sell(and the movie itself, actually). So I have a feeling that Academy may snub The Lost Daughter all together ( I hope not).

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Happy New year 2022 from Nigeria

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

So in the end..if they wanna give it to a performance to cheer for, then i guess nicole kidman or jessica would be that.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

I don’t know. Colman isn’t that much into externally transformative acting in the way Streep is. For example, I can imagine Streep actually doing an Italian accent if she played Leda in the film, and that kind of acting is relatively easy to measure objectively, when compared to the more subjective elements of acting, and so it’s easier to reward. A huge reason as to why Streep amassed so many nominations can be explained by her talent for accents, which no other American thespian has been able to match.

Agreed. Accent work when done well is a great showy way of exhibiting the acting skill set and Meryl is truly one of the best.

What I love about Olivia Colman is she is genuinely less concerned with mimicry and the antithesis of method acting. Instead she is such a great empath and is fearless in accessing raw human emotions so deeply, bringing them to the surface and allowing the audience to experience them with her. It’s a very powerful skill set in itself and she’s one of the very best at it – I think a lot lies in her big eyes? She also has a great feel of the tone of a scene and the rhythm of the writing, none more evident than when she is acting out Phoebe Waller Bridge’s scripts – it brings a lot of authenticity to the screen. Curious how her work on a Marvel series would turn out which is a very engineered setting where each scene is geared towards franchise progression.

Profile picture
    K Olivia
    Topics:

Olivia Colman could absolutely win for The Lost Daughter. She’s brilliant in the role and would be very deserving. Of all the current Best Actress frontrunners, it may be my favorite performance. Happy New Year btw!

Profile picture
    dEdY
    Topics:

Lucille Ball’s pal says Nicole Kidman ‘embodied’ the late star in ‘Being the Ricardos’: She ‘got her down’

Producer and friend Michael Stern authored ‘I Had a Ball: My Friendship with Lucille Ball’

By Stephanie Nolasco | Fox News

Lucille Ball’s pal believes Nicole Kidman was the right actress to portray the queen of TV comedy.

Kidman is starring as Ball in Aaron Sorkin’s biopic “Being the Ricardos,” . The Oscar winner initially faced backlash from die-hard fans who complained the 54-year-old looked or sounded nothing like the beloved Hollywood redhead.

But Michael Stern, who knew Ball personally, said Kidman hit out of the ballpark.

“There were a lot of people who said, ‘What a mistake,’” Stern told Fox News. “But Nicole Kidman is a fantastic actress. And they weren’t looking for look-alikes. They were looking for someone who could portray Lucille Ball, not Lucy Ricardo. Nicole got her down. Lucille Ball looked different from Lucy Ricardo. She acted differently from her. Yes, Nicole played Lucy Ricardo for a few seconds here and there. But she was really playing Lucille Ball. I thought she did a really great job. I think she could be up for some major awards.”

Stern, who has seen the film four times already, said he’s been rooting for Kidman despite the initial criticism she received.

“I was one of the few people who was not a naysayer from the very beginning,” he explained. “From day one, I knew that this would not be the story of Lucy Ricardo. She embodied Lucille Ball, the actress. She really did. And I think if people see this film for pure entertainment, they will enjoy it.”

“And again, Lucille Ball was not Lucy Ricardo,” he continued. “Her vaoice was a different pitch. Lucille Ball could do funny things but she was not a funny person. She used to say during rehearsal, ‘I’m not funny today, but by Friday I will be.’ She would rehearse non-stop until she got it down perfectly. She would rehearse a scene maybe 60 times before she felt she got it right.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

I love how the studios behind movies like Ricardos and Spencer are getting these “close friends” and “confidants” to praise their respective movies and the there’s the Gucci family being like, “fuck House of Gucci!” 😭🤣

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 629 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)’ is closed to new replies.