Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 52)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 52)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 535 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
The Northman
M
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    yoseligo
    Topics:

Renata was a revelation in TWPITW. I can say for sure that she will be nominated if enough members of the actor’s branch watch her performance, she’s THAT good. 🔥

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

This is great casting. Apple has done an impressive job with building their slate too (Kitbag with Ridley, an untitled movie that will have Brad Pitt and George Clooney teaming up again).

Netflix watch your back.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Penelope & Jessica promoting The 355 on James Corden’s show https://mobile.twitter.com/bestofcruz/status/1479162099259654151

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js Give Rooney the Oscar playing my muse Audrey Hepburn. She’s going to nail this role watch it.Rooney partner Joaquín playing Napoleon Next year Oscar will be a Husband and Wife tandem winning lol.

Not folks complaining Lily Collins shouldve been cast

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Does anyone else think Chastain could miss the nomination when Oscar nominations are announced? Her film has very low visibility, has mixed critical reception, and according to Grace Randolph and Jeff Sneider she is not well liked. If The 355 bombs I also think it will hurt her.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I knew 355 would be a mess the moment I’d heard about it. I will still watch because I love action films.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I have Hudson in for SAG:

Gaga

Stewart

Kidman

Chastain

Hudson

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I find it weird and calculated that Gaga starting missing regionals all of a sudden. It seems like the critics realized she won NYFCC, had a film with decent box office, and got in at CC and GG and didn’t want her to overpower anyone so they stopped nominating her.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I knew 355 would be a mess the moment I’d heard about it. I will still watch because I love action films.

The audience score seems to be a bit on the high side with just few ratings so far. For me, I’m believing the audiences cos critics just want to be bored

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    dEdY
    Topics:

Nicole Kidman Is Willing to Take Career Pitfalls With Her Daring Roles

Nicole Kidman has always been a risk-taker.

The Oscar winner has been celebrated over the years for her bold roles that range from depicting real-life figures like Virginia Woolf, Gretchen Carlson and, most recently, Lucille Ball, to her smoldering role opposite then-husband Tom Cruise in the erotic thriller “Eyes Wide Shut” to her magnetic star turn as courtesan/performer Satine in “Moulin Rouge!” Kidman reunited with her “Moulin Rouge!” co-star Ewan McGregor in 2017 for an interview for Variety‘s “Actors on Actors.”

“So much of being an actor is being on the receiving end of what you get considered for,” she said. “And trying to break through those walls and those boundaries that are put upon you because they go, ‘She can only do that or that’s what she is, or she’s this or she’s that.’ And always trying to break through and say, ‘Give me a chance.’”

Kidman, who’s starring in Aaron Sorkin’s “Being the Ricardos,” stressed the importance of taking risks with her choice of films.

“I really want to stay in a place of putting myself into discomfort — not feeling like, ‘I’ve done this. I’m very safe. I know how to do this,’” she said. “That for me is not what I’m looking for so it’s staying really, really, really brazen in the sense of going, ‘I’m going to jump in, abandon everything, give it my all and hope for the best.’”

Watch the upcoming season of Variety‘s “Actors on Actors,” presented by Amazon Studios, starting on Jan. 24.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

I agree Hudson can happen at SAG.

Does anyone else think Chastain could miss the nomination when Oscar nominations are announced? Her film has very low visibility, has mixed critical reception, and according to Grace Randolph and Jeff Sneider she is not well liked. If The 355 bombs I also think it will hurt her.

Are we really gonna take Grace Randolph’s word when she says that Jessica chastain is not well-liked? She’s had it out for Chastain for years.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Are we really gonna take Grace Randolph’s word when she says that Jessica chastain is not well-liked? She’s had it out for Chastain for years.

I don’t trust Grace 100% which is why I also mentioned Jeff Sneider who brought it up in the Best Actress/Actor episode of FYC as part of the reason he is predicting her to miss. Does anyone have tea? It just seems a bit coincidental that two people who haven’t worked together even are saying the same thing that Chastain is disliked by the industry.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

If she ends up missing BAFTA which is likely considering she missed also AACTA, if she doesn’t win Globe or SAG she will be definitely at risk.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Did she acts like Norbit-level of awful? I don’t think so. Besides, Grace Randolph hates her with passion and being petty because her scoops about it was denied by Chastain. I don’t like the particular attitude from critics towards particular performer just because they don’t like someone they will always find a way to shit on the performer. Randolph-Chastain isn’t the only case though, sadly

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 52)’ is closed to new replies.