Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 54)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 54)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 751 through 763 (of 763 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
The Northman
coopC
BigJay2012
  • Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Oké do you think who will win

I still have Stewart for the win, with Kidman no.2 until Wednesday. With SAG and BAFTAs Longlist, we will see how the things settle for now.

Profile picture
    Prince1
    Topics:

Wednesday should be interesting 😈

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    oxymoron
    Topics:

The only takeaway after last night is that Kidman Rises and Chastain drops a bit. Jessica needed that win for sure, I’ll admit it, BUT she’s not out unless she misses SAG. Stewart didn’t need to win last night. She’s still out front. I’m not ready to call this Kidman vs Stewart unless Kidman wins SAG. Gaga is really the only non factor in this race. She can easily miss SAG, BAFTA, and Oscar. Look at all the other girls ahead of her in terms of critic nominations/wins. Expect surprise nominations ahead of her from any of the likes of Cruz, Zegler, Thompson, Haim, etc.

Yep, I agree. Unfortunately, Gaga is the most vulnerable now from the initial line-up of the top contenders. I won’t be surprised if she misses SAG, which would be really sad.

Profile picture
    oxymoron
    Topics:

“This is Nicole Kidman’s second Academy Award and fifth nomination”

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

I don’t expect Kidman, Chastain, Gaga and Stewart to miss SAG. I would quite surprised if any of them missed.
    Colman is the one I’m keeping a close eye one. There’s a possibility she could be snubbed. I think someone like Zegler could get in.

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

Zegler is in so much better position than Chastain:

1. She just won Globes
    2. She will win CC for best young actor/actress (yes not same as Best Actress but still better than nothing, and will have people takes notices of her)
    3. WWS seems to be Big BP contendor.

If she makes it either SAG nom or BAFTA long list, then she is most likely getting into 5 spot at the expense of Gaga/Colman or Chastain.

Profile picture
    yoseligo
    Topics:

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

If Zegler makes SAG, she’s a lock for the Oscar sorry. NBR winner from universally-acclaimed BP runner-up with a relatively decent box office numbers? (In the U.K its 8M compared to Gucci’s 11M, that’s not bad). After winning the Globe, the only thing she needs right now is proof that she has support in the industry. A SAG nod would prove that.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

For Sag nomination it will be Kidman over Jessica. There movies are biopics only 2 can get in. Amongst the Biopics Kidman and Stewart  role are the baitiest.

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

Also why do people think Stewart is winning CCA?

From the look of nominations,

Licorice Pizza: 8 nominations

HOG: 4 nominations

BTR: 3 nominations

Tammy Faye/Spencer/TLD: 2 nominations

This doesn’t looks like to me that movie was seen/liked by majority of voters there. In comparison both promising young woman and Jackie 6 nominations.

I am not saying she can’t win there, but I want to know where all this confidence is coming for.

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

All I know is that WSS won pretty much all the expected categories at GG while pizza went home with nothing, Rachel Zegler kicked out Alana Haim for good.

Chastain has to win the SAG to even be in this conversation nomination-wise, she doesn’t have the international support, movie suffered from the visibility issue, (well SAG probably won’t be the problem because the sooner DVDs were sent out the better) a few regionals won’t be her savior.

Post GG prediction (In alphabetical order with no clear frontrunner)

Olivia Colman

Lady Gaga

Nicole Kidman

Kristen Stewart

Rachel Zegler

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Tbf we wont know about true industry support until SAG / Bafta, critics group awards and GG are all determined by 10-100 people with zero Academy overlap, SAG has thousands of voters with a big Academy overlap.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 13 posts - 751 through 763 (of 763 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 54)’ is closed to new replies.