Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 55)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 55)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 507 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
replies
views
users
The Northman
M
coopC

• a spoonful of sugar
    Topics:

I’m admittedly least familiar with BAFTA out of all of the award shows so apologies if this is a really dumb question with an obvious answer, but is there a realistic shot of Tessa Thompson getting onto the longlist? I’m coming to terms with the Oscar ship sailing but I would love for her to get some more recognition SOMEWHERE.

TomJerry
    Topics:

Good case in point, but if they try to “boost” weak contenders I see a path for a mix of her, obviosly Cruz and someone like Thompson or Comer.

Thompson and Comer could happen. Is Kristen going to be able to get the top 2 votes? Hopefully. She has to :/

Lucas
    Topics:

is there a realistic shot of Tessa Thompson getting onto the longlist? 

Yes, I would even say that it’s expected for her to get in.

Opium
    Topics:

When the CCs are happening at the end?

They will copy paste the Globe result or the SAG one if it’s different, based on when they’re gonna happen.

morgana_devacelli
    Topics:

When I think of BAFTAs jury picks my mind goes to names you propably never heard in your life. Last year noms Frances McDormand – Nomadland as Fern Alfre Woodard – Clemency as Warden Bernadine Williams Bukky Bakray – Rocksas Olushola Omotoso Radha Blank – The Forty-Year-Old Version as Radha Vanessa Kirby – Pieces of a Woman as Martha Weiss Wunmi Mosaku – His House as Rial

Yeah I have a hard time seeing Kidman, Gaga and Chastain making it. Hope they’re in the longlist tho!

M
    Topics:

When the CCs are happening at the end?

They will copy paste the Globe result or the SAG one if it’s different, based on when they’re gonna happen.

SAG is happening before the CC lol.

M
    Topics:

At least one big name is gonna miss the BAFTA shortlists (like Andra Day last year). They tend to include some indies there.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

James Gibson
    Topics:

Thompson and Comer could happen. Is Kristen going to be able to get the top 2 votes? Hopefully. She has to :/

Well if kristen misses top 2 is truly over. But suppose we get 3 familiar names in the lineup like her, Olivia and idk Gaga, Chastain or Kidman. Perhaps Kristen couldve been a jury pick in that scenario and not top 2 but we’ll never know.

Opium
    Topics:

Haim might get weaker and weaker but I’m surprised most here don’t consider her for a BAFTA jury pick. That won’t be enough for an Oscar nom unless the academy specifically gets special attention for PTA like it happened with Phantom Thread. But not expecting it.

She missed both London critics and AACTA so there’s no really an indication she will happen with that group and the movie made AACTA other categories including Cooper.

xandyeugh
    Topics:

IM WITH KRISTEN STEWART UNTIL THE VERY END!!!!!!!!!

James Gibson
    Topics:

At least one big name is gonna miss the BAFTA shortlists (like Andra Day last year). They tend to include some indies there.

Andra missed for poor distribution in the Uk by the time of voting. She only picked it up after GG win and her film going to Hulu.
    All major contenders have proper campaigns and visibility so far. If one the kristen, olivia, jessica, nicole, gaga, penelope, alana, rachel miss then it’s a true lack of support. They all have evrything to get in top 15.

The Northman
    Topics:

MGM/U doing smart promo with their films, focusing on the song for Respect, Costumes and Make-up for House of Gucci and Actress for Licorice Pizza for their January Oscars Promo

The “Respect” panel features star Jennifer Hudson, director Liesl Tommy, executive music producer Stephen Bray and songwriter Jamie Hartman in conversation with Variety’s Jazz Tangcay. Hudson, who was hand-picked by Aretha Franklin to portray her in the film, and her fellow panelists reveal the crucial process of creating a “musical environment” during filming, and the importance of honoring Ms. Franklin’s legacy and profound life story.

The artisans behind one of the most glamorous films of the year, “House of Gucci” — including cinematographer Dariusz Wolski, costume designer Janty Yates, production designer Arthur Max, makeup department head Jane Carboni and re-recording mixer Paul Massey — come together for a lively conversation about working with multiple Academy Award-nominated director Ridley Scott on his sensational film, which is inspired by the shocking true story of the family behind the Italian fashion empire.

Alana Haim, the breakout star of Paul Thomas Anderson’s highly lauded film “Licorice Pizza,” joins Variety’s Jenelle Riley for an in-depth one-on-one conversation about the shock and happiness of being offered her very first film role and the pressures that came along with it. From the first reading of Anderson’s script to watching the joyous final product, Haim discusses the exhilarating ride of making her first movie with one of Hollywood’s most revered directors.

Opium
    Topics:

They will be even less relevant than the usual in this case and they will simply copy paste the previous results.

TomJerry
    Topics:

Kidman would have the Globe, SAG, AACTA wins by then 😩

She’ll be unstoppable at that point. And critics will still refuse to even give her a nomination. LOL. Critics Choice will give a big f u to them.

Zegler will win the young performer award. So they could just follow suit.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 507 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 55)’ is closed to new replies.