Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 55)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 55)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 507 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
The Northman
M
coopC
  • Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

HoG hasn’t made a profit yet. Some info from actual box office experts/industry people: https://mobile.twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/status/1480215990939971596 https://mobile.twitter.com/seanpaune/status/1480393156919181313

Come on now, pretty much no film has made a profit during the pandemic except for Spider-Man. An R-rated adult drama grossing close to $130 million is a success, no matter how hard people try to deny it.

A Gaga Best Actress Oscar win would get much more hate that a K-Stew Best Actress Oscar win. So many people on Film Twitter don’t take Gaga seriously as an actress, so they’ll probably act like her winning Best Actress is a slap in the face.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Come on now, pretty much no film has made a profit during the pandemic except for Spider-Man. An R-rated adult drama grossing close to $130 million is a success, no matter how hard people try to deny it.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

A Gaga Best Actress Oscar win would get much more hate that a K-Stew Best Actress Oscar win. So many people on Film Twitter don’t take Gaga seriously as an actress, so they’ll probably act like her winning Best Actress is a slap in the face.

Funny how for the industry it’s the other way around.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Film Twitter is a fraction of a fraction of people in the real world. Most people would be fine with a Gaga win, or would prefer it to a Stewart win. The general public does not believe KStew is a serious actress.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Kristen never made sense as a SAG winner in the first place, now that she lost the Globe I don’t buy a win there at all. Nicole is so winning SAG and we’d just have to wait and see what BAFTA does.

Nicole has the GG and will (win 😭) SAG and AACTA. If CC wants to they’ll give it to her.

Film Twitter is a fraction of a fraction of people in the real world. Most people would be fine with a Gaga win, or would prefer it to a Stewart win. The general public does not believe KStew is a serious actress.

Which is a shame because she’s proven since Twilight ended that she has some serious acting chops. It’s just that with Spencer, a lot of people are noticing it for the first time.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

HoG hasn’t made a profit yet. Some info from actual box office experts/industry people: https://mobile.twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/status/1480215990939971596 https://mobile.twitter.com/seanpaune/status/1480393156919181313

This is beyond silly. To consciously omitt foreign markets which make up 67% of the total gross.

And you guys actually jinxed it. You kept saying “oh if HoG doesn’t make 150M$ it’s not profitable”, well guess what. It’s now on track to even reach 150M$, with asians market beginning to open later this week.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I don’t know how anyone thinks Kidman is losing SAG.

Because she lost it 14 out of 15 times. And I don’t mean this in a shady way. But correct if I’m wrong, didn’t Kidman lose TV SAG categories with performances she won the Globe for?

I think she has a good shot, but saying she’s a lock to win is premature imo.

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

The “HoG is a flop” “HoG makes no money” narrative is by far the most desperate one that is pushed by haters. A drama aiming for $150M+ in 2021 is a flop. Remind you that the second highest gross drama in 2021 made $32M against a $55M budget.

Of course some people want to compare HoG with Spider Man and No Time To Die when the movies they’re supporting can’t even reach the budget line.

Profile picture
    Natalegend
    Topics:

I think this category is going to be a lot like last year where there is a different winner for each award show. Or at least, it’s going to be an actual race. Stewart seems to have peaked, after loosing many important awards, so she doesn’t make much sense as a winner anymore. Kidman, while winning the GG, doesn’t seem like a winner either. It would feel weird for her to win for this role considering some of her reviews and other actresses reviews too. I also feel that by the time actual Oscar voting rolls around she may have peaked. Like, it’s January, is she really going to keep up buzz until March in a decently competitive category? It’s a bit longer of an award season, so I’m not sure how important the Golden Globes are going to be with Oscar nominations no longer being a few days after the GG ceremony. In addition, to the ceremony not being televised and only making a small amount of buzz on social media. Unless Kidman starts stream rolling every award, but I don’t see that happening with this role unfortunately. I’m not sure who is going to win this category right now, as it seems a little bit of a mess. However, possibly, whoever wins BAFTA will be the Oscar winner. There is overlap and it’s close enough to the Oscar ceremony that it could be a better bellwether.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Yeah though Film Twitter is obnoxious regardless honestly. I mean if they couldn’t even spare Kidman, one of the most respected actresses in Hollywood, they won’t spare anyone else. Was watching the Oscars Experts reaction and I can’t believe they actually used the word “shit” to describe Kidman’s performance. Like come on. I didn’t like the movie myself, but sinking that low is never warranted. You can objectively call it a good/okay performance in a bad movie.

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

You can’t say HoG is anything less than a success on this board!

It’s a universal fact that Gucci B.O. is more than other actresses films combined though. Since when does stating fact is a wrongdoing? Feel free to call Licorice Pizza a smash hit success with $10M B.O. against a $40M budget then trash HoG’s commercial performance.

Also most Gaga’s fans don’t like the editing and acknowledge the film isn’t good so stop the nonsense accusation.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I hope we’ll never bring up the topic of HoG B.O ever again. When it’s now on track to gross nearly 150M$ WW, if you can’t see that it’s a huge B.O success in this era you’re willfully blind and please spare us pages of debate about this settled issue. And who knows how much Amazon paid them to acquire the streaming rights of the movie. It’s definitely going to be profitable. Move on.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 507 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 55)’ is closed to new replies.