Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 55)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 55)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 507 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
The Northman
M
coopC

• PeytonKawai for Dame Kate Winslet
    Topics:

Zegler is hard to predict.
    I don’t know her position…

TED LASSO & THE WHITE LOTUS in EVERY CATEGORIES!

Viridiana
    Topics:

Those two noms for BTR at MUAHS Guild Awards are really promising for Kidman´s chances. It kinda points to a broader support from the guild (vs. the exec. committee) and a clear impact by the release on Prime just right when the voting started (deadline for the shortlists was on December 15th while voting at MUAHS Guild ended on Jan. 7). Maybe we´re up to something similar at SAG awards tomorrow.

Anthagiox
    Topics:

After having seen Licorice PizzaGate, I feel Alana is proportionately estimated, if not a tad bit overestimated. Her character was just… basic? I guess that’s the word I’d use. Comparing her role to that of Olivia’s in TLD, Kristen’s in Spencer, or Gaga’s in HOG, there were virtually no levels to the character. I think unlike some of the other actresses in the race, Alana is being held up by her movie as opposed to being the one doing the holding.

kallewickans
    Topics:

Lol 😂 let’s get over the stats predictions. Nomination wise Kidman is getting in and might even win the Oscar even with a tepid movie ala Streep and Zelweger because of industry support.

ejaru1810
    Topics:

Zegler is hard to predict.
    I don’t know her position…

The only thing Zegler has is WSS being an across the board contender, Critics have been ignoring her left and right even when WSS gets nominated a lot, SAG is the only thing that could keep her in the conversation because I don’t see her being the kind of contender who gets in with only GG as precursor.

I still think if a newcommer gets in, it would be Haim not Zegler

M
    Topics:

Those two noms for BTR at MUAHS Guild Awards are really promising for Kidman´s chances. It kinda points to a broader support from the guild (vs. the exec. committee) and a clear impact by the release on Prime just right when the voting started (deadline for the shortlists was on December 15th while voting at MUAHS Guild ended on Jan. 7). Maybe we´re up to something similar at SAG awards tomorrow.

Curious as to why it missed the Oscars top 10 altogether. You’d expect the guilds to have a lot of members in common with the Academy but apparently not.

coopC
    Topics:

She’s playing herself and she played it naturally (of course), that where the ingenue talk coming from. At least Gaga was playing a nobody in ASIB even though her character sings too.

Matthew Barry
    Topics:

Kidman is in.

Lucas
    Topics:

She’s playing herself and she played it naturally (of course), that where the ingenue talk coming from. At least Gaga was playing a nobody in ASIB even though her character sings too.

PTA wrote the character thinking of her, but Alana’s not playing herself at all. She plays as a young woman that’s very lost in life and hangs out all the time with a group of teenagers.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

loudtoilet
    Topics:

The only thing Zegler has is WSS being an across the board contender, Critics have been ignoring her left and right even when WSS gets nominated a lot, SAG is the only thing that could keep her in the conversation because I don’t see her being the kind of contender who gets in with only GG as precursor. I still think if a newcommer gets in, it would be Haim not Zegler

Zegler’s problem is DeBose being poised to win the whole thing which removes the urgency to nominate Zegler and also puts her in DeBose’s shadow, while fighting in tougher-to-crack category.

That said, I think she’s more of SAG-AFTRA’s catnip than Haim. Her movie is more visible, she is a really big try-hard on social media and AFTRA has a bunch of social media influencers voting for whoever follows them so yeah…

loudtoilet
    Topics:

For me: Stewart, Colman, Kidman and Gaga are locks. 5th is among Cruz, Zegler and Chastain.

Chastain is as big SAG catnip as Kidman (make up) and Gaga (big performance) and much more so than understated Stewart and Colman. I don’t think she’s primed to miss here. BAFTA sure but this? That would be shocking.

The Northman
    Topics:

Gold-Derby Actress Prediction

Kristen Stewart, Spencer – WINNER
    Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter
    Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos
    Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye
    Penelope Cruz, Parallel Mothers

We came up with these 2022 Oscar predictions by generating odds based on five groups of people who make predictions at Gold Derby: 27 journalists who are experts as they cover Hollywood year-round; our in-house team of 12 editors; two sets of site users: the top 24 at predicting last year’s Oscars and the all-star 24 from the last two years combined; and thousands of readers like you.

2022 Oscars: Predictions In All 23 Academy Awards Categories

coopC
    Topics:

PTA wrote the character thinking of her, but she’s not playing herself. She’s playing a young woman who’s very lost in life and hangs out all the time with a group of teenagers. How she can relate to that?

That’s not something unusual for her. In fact, many of the young musicians fit the description.

James Gibson
    Topics:

The days before nominations are so full with overthinking, can’t wait till tomorrow.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 507 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 55)’ is closed to new replies.