Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 55)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 55)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 507 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
The Northman
M
coopC

• Bassett
    Topics:

Same, I think she can win at CCA, since their sole purpose is to try and predict Oscars. The only thing left to be seen how much support she has at BAFTAs. As long as she cracks long list there, she will be frontrunner in my eyes.

Yeah, the international support is the only thing I’m iffy about

but that SAG win is starting to look pretty obvious and I’d be very surprised if she failed there. It’s also about to be her 15th nomination

FYC

AOTY - Renaissance

Angela Bassett, Michelle Yeoh, Brian Tyree Henry.

FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

If Cruz does not make SAG I can’t see her getting nominated 🤔

It’s often the case that foreign language performances miss at SAG. I think she needs to get a BAFTA nomination but she doesn’t need SAG.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

So Cruz must win BAFTA if she wants to be nod

Nominated, not win. In my opinion of course.

Topics:

Summerville
    Topics:

Cruz doesn’t even need the BAFTA nomination, but she will get it. And the passion will be enough for the Oscars. Just like Charlotte Rampling, but even better positioned.

Topics:

PeytonKawai for Dame Kate Winslet
    Topics:

Cruz doesn’t even need the BAFTA nomination, but she will get it. And the passion will be enough for the Oscars. Just like Charlotte Rampling, but even better positioned.

She doesn’t need a BAFTA nomination…
    So you mean she just will be nominated for the Oscar without nominations from BAFTA, SAG, GG, & CC

TED LASSO & THE WHITE LOTUS in EVERY CATEGORIES!

Bassett
    Topics:

She doesn’t need a BAFTA nomination… So you mean she just will be nominated for the Oscar without nominations from BAFTA, SAG, GG, & CC

There’s a precedent for this. Laura Linney had no precursor and only a LFCC nom under her belt. It’s still an unlikely scenario though so Cruz definitely needs a BAFTA nom

FYC

AOTY - Renaissance

Angela Bassett, Michelle Yeoh, Brian Tyree Henry.

Anthagiox
    Topics:
    Summerville
    Topics:

She doesn’t need a BAFTA nomination… So you mean she just will be nominated for the Oscar without nominations from BAFTA, SAG, GG, & CC

I think she would be, yes, on passion alone. Like Rampling or Cotillard. I don’t count Critics Choice, they have no influence to the race. But anyway, Cruz will have a BAFTA nomination (no way the jury won’t pick her) so she’s even better positioned imo.

coopC
    Topics:

Kidman was the most vulnerable of the three biopic performances pre-globe (Gaga/Chastain/Kidman), and then she won. Had to cool down a bit to see how the GG results are received. She’s locked for nom now and that is something indisputable, but the race is wide open. Who knows what will happen at the SAG, 160 thousand people vote there (for win of course), Kidman’s situation is similar to Close, minus the speech and not-so-tough competition for sure.

The Northman
    Topics:

Some important dates for SAG, Oscars and BAFTAs

January

12th – BAFTA Longlists Announcement (BAFTA)

12th – Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations (SAG)

19th – Screen Actors Guild Winner Voting Begins (SAG)

27th – Oscar Nomination Voting Begins 9am PT (AMPAS)

February

1st – Oscar Nomination Voting Ends 5pm PT (AMPAS)

6th – London Film Critics Circle (LFCC)

8th – Oscar Nominations (AMPAS)

25th – Screen Actors Guild Winner Voting Ends 12pm PT (SAG)

27th – Screen Actors Guild (SAG)

March

13th – British Academy of Film and Television Arts Film Awards (BAFTA)

17th – Final Oscar Winner Voting Begins 9am PT (AMPAS)

22nd – Final Oscar Winner Voting Ends 5pm PT (AMPAS)

27th – 94th Academy Awards (AMPAS)

Marcel Carneiro
    Topics:

safe to say kristen isn’t winning the oscar. she can’t win with just BAFTA. not happening.

Ok if Kristen is definitely not winning, who still has a chance?
    Can we say Kidman has it in the bag already?

Rich Thot
    Topics:

I agree. Nor that this performance is bad or anything. It’s just that it would be very strange for an actress like her to have 2 Oscars for 2 biopics when she has performances like The Others, Dogville, Destroyer, Stoker, Birth etc. It would be peak Oscars. I hope the nomination will keep her in the conversation for a future win. Because we all know they will snub her for the rest of her life if she wins for Ricardos.

It wouldn’t be “strange”. That’s just how the Oscars are. Neither ‘Ricardos” nor The Hours are in my top five Kidman performances. But famous (female) actors with long careers and a lot of acclaimed performances tend to win for eh projects. At least, unlike The Hours, there’s a chance I’d place Kidman in my personal top five this year.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 507 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 55)’ is closed to new replies.