Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 531 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
replies
views
users
pedrohf2001
M
Anthagiox
  • Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

1. Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos 2. Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter 3. Lady Gaga, House of Gucci 4. Kristen Stewart, Spencer 5. Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth 6. Rachel Zegler, West Side Story 7. Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye 8. Alana Haim, Licorice Pizza 9. Jennifer Hudson, Respect 10. Emilia Jones, CODA

I’m curious why do you have Frances ahead of Chastain ? We all know she’s tremendously respected but with Denzel hitting all the noms and her missing everywhere.. idk

FYC

AOTY - Renaissance

Best Actress - Michelle Yeoh

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Psst, the problem with Stewart is her movie. I haven’t seen it yet but if it’s anything like Jackie…yeah she was always going to have trouble winning. That guy’s movies are a bore. I’m still keeping Stewart in my Oscar predictions.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Psst, the problem with Stewart is her movie. I haven’t seen it yet but if it’s anything like Jackie…yeah she was always going to have trouble winning. That guy’s movies are a bore. I’m still keeping Stewart in my Oscar predictions.

Jackie is a much better film

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

This ain’t even shocking anymore. It’s embarrassing.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

I still think Penelope can happen over Kristen.

It’ll be:

Lady Gaga
    Nicole Kidman
    Olivia Colman
    Penelope Cruz
    Kristen Stewart/Rachel Zegler

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

That’s not the only problem, no one in Hollywood respects Kristen Stewart. That girl was caught kissing a married man and will always be associated with Twilight. She’s not respected and never will be.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Jackie is a much better film

Spencer is the superior film in almost every single aspect. Except for maybe the lead performance because Portman was amazing.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    SaulAtreides
    Topics:

Today was as bad for Stewart as possible, went from frontrunner straight to 4th/5th.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

HUDSON is back in the convo! Love it. If she gets the Oscar nod I can’t wait to see heads explode.

Profile picture
    Letter Coxd
    Topics:

okay yall it’s so weird seing KStew’s name on the bottom list of your predictions after months on top 💀 it’s THAT wild huh

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

And this is why industry status and respect will always matter haven’t seen Spencer but it’s obvious voters still have a strong bias against her

I said Stewart was going to have trouble for this exact reason. She’s not that respected in the industry. People got angry at me when I said that. I like Stewart but why should I lie?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m curious why do you have Frances ahead of Chastain ? We all know she’s tremendously respected but with Denzel hitting all the noms and her missing everywhere.. idk

I think the last spot in that category is wide open. It could go to Chastain who made it in at SAG and whose film did decent enough on the BAFTA long-list that Andrew Garfield got long-listed. It could go to Zegler whose film is a top tier Picture contender and led the BAFTA long-list in mentions. However I have Frances in that position right now because I’m struck by how well The Tragedy of Macbeth already seems to be doing without it having started streaming on AppleTV+ yet. It was one of a small number of films to get long-listed in each of acting, directing and screenplay at BAFTA today and Denzel managed to get in at SAG in spite of the late release and the film not being as “accessible” as something like Don’t Look Up.

I think The Tragedy of Macbeth is this season’s “late-breaker” and with McDormand’s pedigree and the actress race looking a bit open right now, I think she could surprise here a bit like LaKeith Stanfield surprised last year for Judas and the Black Messiah.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

okay yall it’s so weird seing KStew’s name on the bottom list of your predictions after months on top 💀 it’s THAT wild huh

I’ve never seen a morning this crazy on GD since The Weekend received 0 Grammy nods for After Hours lol.

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

So far Hudson has made it into two industry awards, (AACTA and SAG). does she stand a chance?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 531 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)’ is closed to new replies.