Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 531 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
pedrohf2001
M
Anthagiox
  • Profile picture
    Berlin2002
    Topics:

That’s not the only problem, no one in Hollywood respects Kristen Stewart. That girl was caught kissing a married man and will always be associated with Twilight. She’s not respected and never will be.

What? Sally Field had to live down ” The Flying Nun ” and she went on to win an Oscar in 1980 for ” Norma Rae ” and another Oscar for 1985’s ” Places In The Heart “.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Just a reminder: House of Gucci will be available on Amazon Prime in a few weeks. And we know people just will eat it up. Thoughts on the impact of it?

Not sure, it’s going up on the 1st or 2nd of February which is right after voting for nominations ends. It’ll be up for people to watch as they vote, at least.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

I think the last spot in that category is wide open. It could go to Chastain who made it in at SAG and whose film did decent enough on the BAFTA long-list that Andrew Garfield got long-listed. It could go to Zegler whose film is a top tier Picture contender and led the BAFTA long-list in mentions. However I have Frances in that position right now because I’m struck by how well The Tragedy of Macbeth already seems to be doing without it having started streaming on AppleTV+ yet. It was one of a small number of films to get long-listed in each of acting, directing and screenplay at BAFTA today and Denzel managed to get in at SAG in spite of the late release and the film not being as “accessible” as something like Don’t Look Up. I think The Tragedy of Macbeth is this season’s “late-breaker” and with McDormand’s pedigree and the actress race looking a bit open right now, I think she could surprise here a bit like LaKeith Stanfield surprised last year for Judas and the Black Messiah.

I hear you. Macbeth is indeed picking a lot of steam atm

Although my main concern is Denzel (and Kathryn) hogging most of the acclaim hence why I think Frances will ultimately miss

Wouldn’t be mad if our bad bitch got in though

FYC

Best Actress - Pénélope Cruz, Olivia Colman

Best Actor - Denzel Washington

Best Supporting Actress - Aunjanue Ellis, Kathryn Hunter

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

I’ve never seen a morning this crazy on GD since The Weekend received 0 Grammy nods for After Hours lol.

Lol that was a mess.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Frances deserves a nomination (also Kathryn and Denzel). Macbeth getting steam on the right time is art peak.

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Damn.

Stewart snubbed at SAG. Cruz snubbed at BAFTA.

I didn’t see that coming at all lmaooo

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Jennifer Hudson deserves that Oscar nom. I hope it happens for her.

I loved Stewart in Spencer but that Globe win should have been easy, as well as this SAG nom. I think the Oscar nom will still happen though.

Nicole is in the lead. I’d be happy to see either her or Olivia win.

Would still love to see Tessa Thompson, Rachel Zegler or Alana Haim surprise on Oscar nom day.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

I’ve never seen a morning this crazy on GD since The Weekend received 0 Grammy nods for After Hours lol.

It’s bizarre how muted grammy season is this year tho. However I’d say when Love for Sale overperformed with Music Vid and Enginering noms it was also a hell of a storm like we had this morning.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I really don’t see any of Chastain, Colman, Gaga, Kidman and Stewart missing, they are far ahead from everyone else, Zegler only has GG, Hudson only a SAG nom, Haim has GG and CC, Cruz has nothing. Even now with Kristen missing SAG she’s in a better position than the rest.

Profile picture
    Olsen
    Topics:

Gaga is likely to win at the end. Her campaign was very smart from the beginning and it worked. She’s just so good at making people love her.</p>

Profile picture
    AbeHF88
    Topics:

HUDSON is back in the convo! Love it. If she gets the Oscar nod I can’t wait to see heads explode.

If she gets in she’s taking out Chastain or Stewart. Wild.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

This is the split between industry and Film Twitter/pundits

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

What? Sally Field had to live down ” The Flying Nun ” and she went on to win an Oscar in 1980 for ” Norma Rae ” and another Oscar for 1985’s ” Places In The Heart “.

She hasn’t been caught kissing a married man (Director of that Blanche Neige movie) unlike Kristen.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I think the Drama Golden Globe will go 5/5 with the Oscar for the 3rd consecutive year.

Profile picture
    wannabebatman
    Topics:

Just saw someone on twitter say that KStews SAG snub is making it more likely for her to get in at the Oscars because of the attention?? Gorl What??

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 531 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)’ is closed to new replies.