Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 531 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
pedrohf2001
M
Anthagiox
  • Profile picture
    Taylor jacobs
    Topics:

Do we know if SAG is going to hold an in person ceremony this year?

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

You guys compared her awards run to Natalie Portman but it’s echoing Jennifer “cake” Aniston

Just the other day a member from AW (Stewart stan) was calling HOG and Gaga the Cake and Aniston of this season 🤣 🤣

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Do they, though? Or do they gatekeep what they think is “art” and shit on everything else? Film Twitter is a hivemind most of the time; an insular hivemind that rejects anything that it doesn’t think will give it “credit” among others in the group. It’s a true circlejerk with no objective view on what is and isn’t good. It’s their way or the highway. People who “barely engage” can at least be objective most of the time. They don’t look for things to criticize or pull apart and they’re much more open-minded to anything out-of-the-box or new.

“Much more open-minded to anything out-of-the-box or new”? Is that what we’re calling Being the fucking Ricardos?

Again, Film Twitter is annoying, and I certainly wouldn’t want to hang out with most of them, but at least they like interesting things. I’m sick of middlebrow nonsense–Parasite and Nomadland were steps in the right direction, but they need to stay on that course.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

“Much more open-minded to anything out-of-the-box or new”? Is that what we’re calling Being the fucking Ricardos?

No, I’m not using any particular film as an example. Being the Ricardos was a fun film that did its job. Maybe there is some industry nepotism going on with Kidman, but she’s still a legendary actress who deserves her dues. Film Twitter can never have fun because it takes itself too seriously.

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

There are no frontrunner, its a three way open battle between three ladies.

SAG: Nicole vs Gaga

BAFTAs: Olivia vs Gaga

Oscars: SAG winner vs BAFTA winner

Nicole and Olivia are more likely to win at SAG/BAFTA respectively, but Gaga being #2 at both gives her two chances to cause an upset. I will say this put all these three ladies on equal ground, right now.

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

Colman could still win, Her chances are actually better with Stewart slipping,

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

No, I’m not using any particular film as an example. Being the Ricardos was a fun film that did its job. Maybe there is some industry nepotism going on with Kidman, but she’s still a legendary actress who deserves her dues. Film Twitter can never have fun because it takes itself too seriously.

Again, I can’t speak for that because I don’t really use much social media, but I have a grand old time in my groupchat shitposting about arthouse indie stuff. I just want more interesting movies to get nominated for stuff. I want TPOTD to be the “safe” choice. Nominate fucking Earwig, why not? Get weird with it!

Profile picture
    Jordan_Pack
    Topics:

Updated predictions/rankings post-SAG & BAFTA longlists:
    -Penelope is likely out, Alana also likely out, Kristen majorly dropping
    -SAG hardly ever goes 5/5 — one of Jennifer or Jessica, the late releases, are missing

1. Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos
    2. Lady Gaga, House of Gucci
    3. Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter
    4. Kristen Stewart, Spencer
    5. Jennifer Hudson, Respect

6. Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye
    7. Rachel Zegler, West Side Story
    8. Alana Haim, Licorice Pizza
    9. Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    10. Tessa Thompson, Passing

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I have a quiz  girls  is an instance when one gets nominated for an Oscar only  without the trifecta and the regionals.

Profile picture
    fexo
    Topics:

Gaga voodoo always work so let me repeat myself for the baftas it’s truly Kidman vs Gaga with Chastain the dark horse while that performance has No Trifecta. No Volpi. No. NBR. No Globe. N0 Sag. No Bafta. It’s looking bleak.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Just the other day a member from AW (Stewart stan) was calling HOG and Gaga the Cake and Aniston of this season 🤣 🤣

Oh hellz……

FYC
    Best Picture: "Showing Up" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Kelly Reichardt; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Michelle Williams; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Hong Chau, Heather Lawless, Amanda Plummer; Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Judd Hirsch, Andre Benjamin, John Magaro; Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Kelly Reichardt, Jonathan Raymond
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Profile picture
    MD
    Topics:

Gaga Stans getting a superiority complex like Gaga in House of Gucci wouldn’t be one of the weakest acting Oscar winners ever 😭

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

There are no frontrunner, its a three way open battle between three ladies. SAG: Nicole vs Gaga BAFTAs: Olivia vs Gaga Oscars: SAG winner vs BAFTA winner Nicole and Olivia are more likely to win at SAG/BAFTA respectively, but Gaga being #2 at both gives her two chances to cause an upset. I will say this put all these three ladies on equal ground, right now.

When Gaga wins SAG and BAFTA and she’s battling against herself.

Profile picture
    ScottieG
    Topics:

I’m glad the industry isn’t letting “film twitter” bully them into voting for things they don’t like. The majority of these people already made up their minds that KStew should win before they’d even seen half of the contenders. I can’t say I’m sad that it didn’t pan out for them. A Diana biopic following S4 of The Crown, and taking such a fantastical approach was such a mistake, but you guys couldn’t see things from anyone else’s perspective.

Especially when Emma Corrin was awarded in a couple of places and was generally very well received. I think from the perspective of a British person; it’s a combination of Diana overload, Diana’s death still being very prevalent in peoples minds and she is pretty much universally loved in the UK almost twenty five years after her death; the average person – even in my age group (20s, well, just) isn’t particularly comfortable with seeing Princess Di eating pearls and such.

"I'm not mad at you Helga. I'm mad at the dirt!"

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Gaga Stans getting a superiority complex like Gaga in House of Gucci wouldn’t be one of the weakest acting Oscar winners ever 😭

And no one other than Film Twitter would agree with you.

The public supports Gaga and Gucci and now we know the industry supports Gaga and Gucci. Sucks to be on the wrong side of history.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 531 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)’ is closed to new replies.