Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 531 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
replies
views
users
pedrohf2001
M
Anthagiox
  • Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

There are no frontrunner, its a three way open battle between three ladies. SAG: Nicole vs Gaga BAFTAs: Olivia vs Gaga Oscars: SAG winner vs BAFTA winner Nicole and Olivia are more likely to win at SAG/BAFTA respectively, but Gaga being #2 at both gives her two chances to cause an upset. I will say this put all these three ladies on equal ground, right now.

Gaga’s definitely become the dark horse for an upset after today; as we saw from the SAG ensemble nom & BAFTA longlist, the industry really liked HOG or it was the only movie they saw nn , she doesn’t have the weight of a “fluke” status from ASIB anymore and no “we’ll reward her in BOS” this time as well, and her movie, despite mixed reactions, is still doing extremely well (still Top 10 domestically w only few hundred theatre’s), the only film that majority of the voting body saw, and the movie being put on streaming Feb 1 when voting is open as well

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

I underestimated Gaga, but even I know that she is now competitive for the Oscar.

But this feels like 2019 season all over again. Kidman winning that Globe started her campaign. I think we’ll have a better idea of the true frontrunner once the actual BAFTA nominations come out. Personally, I don’t see Nicole missing.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Do we know if SAG is going to hold an in person ceremony this year?

Yes late february.

Profile picture
    RBBrittain
    Topics:

If she gets in she’s taking out Chastain or Stewart. Wild.

Oscar has long had a thing for starring roles in big-name music biopics, and Aretha clearly beats Tammy Faye in that regard. Sissy Spacek as Loretta Lynn, Jamie Foxx as Ray Charles, Reese Witherspoon as June Carter Cash, and Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury all won; Joaquin Phoenix was nommed as Johnny Cash though he didn’t win, as were both Diana Ross & Andra Day as Billie Holiday. I never took JHud out of my top five, and I think her odds should shoot up dramatically.

Not to mention that a potential Best Actress nom might nudge JHud back into the Best Original Song race as well (fifth consecutive year with a dual acting / songwriting nominee). That combo could give JHud multiple shots at Oscar history: second Black Best Actress winner, TWO shots at first Black female multiple Oscar winner, second person (after Barbra Streisand) to win Oscars for both acting & songwriting (possibly first to win both for the same film)…

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

I don’t think they will give an Oscar for Olivia Colman for the second time in 4 years. She hasn’t Frances McDormand status. It’s going to be Kidman vs Gaga.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

BAFTA nominations come out. Personally, I don’t see Nicole missing.

BAFTA has come down to top 2 and the other 4 are jury-picked indies.

Colman is not missing the top 2. So only one of Gaga/Kidman is making it. And HoG making 13 lists whereas BTR 9 suggests there’s more support for the former.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

At least SAGass is getting the deserved treatment in social media even by non KStew stans.

You can’t expect applauses after this fucking travesty.

The problem is not nominating Gaga. Or KiDmAn. Is the ones you leave out.

Like, when you leave out KStew for Kidman in BTR…you know what’s up. Pure elitism.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

I don’t think they will give an Oscar for Olivia Colman for the second time in 4 years. She hasn’t Frances McDormand status. It’s going to be Kidman vs Gaga.

Olivia is one of the most respected and hyped actresses of the moment and she could absolutely pull a fast repeat

FYC

AOTY - Renaissance

Best Actress - Michelle Yeoh

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

It’s funny how much today is looking a lot like the day of the Grammys nomimation. No one was expecting LFS to be nom beyond its niche category, the album it was a joke for Twitter, and then on the day it was nom for everything it could be AOTY, ROTY BMV (lol), including Best engineered album which makes it the only one among the AOTYS this year to have this, and practically after that it became the biggest bet for the win, at least over here in the GD.

I know 😭💕

Profile picture
    Jordan_Pack
    Topics:

Gaga in House of Gucci
    acting Oscar winner

All that would matter

😭

Profile picture
    RBBrittain
    Topics:

Yes late february.

If it doesn’t become another Omicron victim like the CCA ceremony, that is. I got the feeling Sunday that the HFPA got the last laugh; the Globes went on despite two-thirds of Hollywood plus Covid all trying to cancel them.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m surprised to see some comments on here adamant that the BAFTA is between Kidman and Gaga when she exists…

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Jordan_Pack
    Topics:

I’m surprised to see some comments on here adamant that the BAFTA is between Kidman and Gaga when she exists…

Colman is definitely in the running for the win

But Gaga is the only BAFTA contender who’s film appeared in the longlists for Best Film AND Best British Film

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

She exists, but snubbed last year in supporting, with this voting system you never know where it will land. Also, one note is that the top15 have very few indie picks this year, it is all populist choices basically.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 531 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)’ is closed to new replies.