Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 531 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
pedrohf2001
M
Anthagiox
  • Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Last couple years have proved that the Academy has no issues with giving 2nd and 3rd Oscars and have no problems doing it in such a short time

Profile picture
    pablozedd
    Topics:

Gaga Stans getting a superiority complex like Gaga in House of Gucci wouldn’t be one of the weakest acting Oscar winners ever 😭

KStew stans had a superiority complex for the whole season since Venice, and they kept that way even after the many Kristen losses. Poor audience score doesn’t matter, NBR loss doesn’t matter, Trifecta loss doesn’t matter, GG loss doesn’t matter. She had the Oscar on lock.

At least Gaga’s stans have something to back up how they’re feeling now after months of people trashing Gaga and her movie.

Profile picture
    RBBrittain
    Topics:

All that would matter

😭

Of course it would. If Gaga wins Best Actress while JHud wins BOS they would be the second AND third dual acting & songwriting winners, a combination only Barbra Streisand has pulled off so far.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

This is now a three way race, and I think BAFTA will narrow it down to 2.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I just wake up from my sleep and boy, what an actual clusterfuck

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    eunino
    Topics:

Damn it’s so childish to overreact just because your favorite wasn’t nominated by bashing the other one’s hard work. We can disagree with the industry decision without being offensive.

Can’t people accept there will always be that one good actress we like that eventually won’t make it for the critics and that doesn’t make her work any less valuable?

Gaga potentially scoring a second BA nomination in her second film role is amazing and let’s encourage other talented people to go for it. Who would have imagined her being considered a threat to so many already stablished actress? We all should admire it.

I think all of them deserve the recognition – I just feel sorry for Kristen’s chances  for all of a sudden fades away – and she did seem to promo a lot.

Either way, I think Kristen will still be nominated to Oscar but her changes to win went downhill now.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

But Gaga is the only BAFTA contender who’s film appeared in the longlists for Best Film AND Best British Film

Sure. But she also is the only Oscar contender aside from Kristen Stewart who is in a British film so this doesn’t mean much other than she also is a strong contender.

Profile picture
    Berlin2002
    Topics:

I don’t think they will give an Oscar for Olivia Colman for the second time in 4 years. She hasn’t Frances McDormand status. It’s going to be Kidman vs Gaga.

Hilary Swank might not agree with that. ” Boys Don’t Cry ” 2020 and “Million Dollar Baby ” 2005.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

I have a feeling Hudson is just a classic SAG nom that doesn’t get in at the Oscars. Yes, she got AACTA and was longlisted at BAFTA, but her performance came and went and voterers  will struggle to remember her when there’s more performances out there.

Er, they just remembered her performance cause she got all those nominations while more recent ones (Haim, Zegler, Thompson, etc) missed some. Not to mention she also got SAG nom over a perceived frontrunner Stewart (whose movie had a long festival run unlike Hudson’s August release) and critics darling Cruz (who was making headlines recently for winning some trifecta awards). Anyway you slice it, that’s pretty incredible resiliance which points at industry support. Whether people want to admit or not.

The problem is that Chastain also looks like that kind of SAG nom, unless she surprises and win the award.

Chastain made GG, CC and BAFTA longlist so hardly just a SAG fluke. Her biggest obstacle is that she has a role similar to a number of nominees (historical figure, big and showy, middlebrow biopic) in particular Kidman whose movie has at least more SAG support (Bardem, Simmons) than Chastain’s, and she won a biggie (GG) and is very likely winning a sem-biggie (AACTA). So fans of biopics may divide their attention and spread the wealth or simply like one more and back her up (which could be Chastain but also Hudson or Kidman and judging by Kidman movie support, advantage is there).

I was afraid Colman would get snubbed due to the nature of her movie, but she survived and will likely get BAFTA and have international support. Stewart is not safe, but she will likely win the Critics Choice (if it does happen before the Oscar voting ends) and that will boost her chances. Also, I agree that all the attention from her snub could help her like the Michaela Coel snub at the Globes last year helped her to stay in the Emmys conversation. I’ll predict Colman, Gaga, Kidman, Stewart and Zegler, in this order, with Chastain and Hudson in 6th and 7th.

Colman isn’t a Big Performance In a Biopic so she’ll have her fans who won’t bne torn between 3-4 such contenders. That’s a good news for her.

Zegler is in no way in better position than Chastain and Hudson cause, GG win aside, DeBose upstaged her as the projected winner for WSS acting. Chastian and Hudson are their own shows. Yes, Zegler could coattail but I’m not buying that WSS underperformed due to late screener cause DeBose was unaffected. They simply liked others better.

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

This is now a three way race, and I think BAFTA will narrow it down to 2.

yes exactly, nobody should be underestimating Nicole, Gaga and Olivia until some new developments.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I’m surprised to see some comments on here adamant that the BAFTA is between Kidman and Gaga when she exists…

And unlike these two, she gave a raved performance that EVERYBODY loves.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

BAFTAs Longlist last year(marked those that ended getting nom)

Amy Adams Hillbilly Elegy
    Bukky Bakray Rocks
    Radha Blank The Forty-Year-Old Version
    Jessie Buckley I’m Thinking of Ending Things
    Morfydd Clark Saint Maud
    Viola Davis Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Julia Garner The Assistant
    Vanessa Kirby Pieces of a Woman
    Sophia Loren The Life Ahead
    Frances McDormand Nomadland(won)
    Carey Mulligan Promising Young Woman
    Wunmi Mosaku His House
    Kate Winslet Ammonite
    Alfre Woodard Clemency
    Zendaya Malcolm & Marie

Longlist this year

Round Two is voted on by a jury who will vote for the six nominations.

Jessica Chastain – “The Eyes of Tammy Faye”
    Olivia Colman – “The Lost Daughter”
    Lady Gaga – “House of Gucci”
    Alana Haim – “Licorice Pizza”
    Jennifer Hudson – “Respect”
    Emilia Jones – “CODA”
    Nicole Kidman – “Being The Ricardos”
    Jennifer Lawrence – “Don’t Look Up”
    Frances McDormand – “The Tragedy of Macbeth”
    Renate Reinsve – “The Worst Person in the World”
    Claire Rushbrook – “Ali & Ava”
    Joanna Scanlan – “After Love”
    Kristen Stewart – “Spencer”
    Tessa Thompson – “Passing”
    Rachel Zegler – “West Side Story”

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

er biggest obstacle is that she has a role similar to a number of nominees (historical figure, big and showy, middlebrow biopic) in particular Kidman whose movie has at least more SAG support (Bardem, Simmons) than Chastain’s, and she won a biggie (

Just a note – Simmons didn’t get a SAG nom.

FYC
    Best Picture: "Showing Up" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Kelly Reichardt; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Michelle Williams; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Hong Chau, Heather Lawless, Amanda Plummer; Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Judd Hirsch, Andre Benjamin, John Magaro; Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Kelly Reichardt, Jonathan Raymond
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Round Two is voted on by a jury who will vote for the six nominations.

Top 2 is automatically nominated. Jury will nominate the remaining 4. The top 2 were already set in stone last week. We just won’t know who they are.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

If Olivia Colman sucker punches everyone and wins… I-

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 531 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)’ is closed to new replies.