Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 531 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
replies
views
users
pedrohf2001
M
Anthagiox
  • Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Top 2 is automatically nominated. Jury will nominate the remaining 4. The top 2 were already set in stone last week. We just won’t know who they are.

Yes I am saying the jury picks the other 4 from the same list. What I was saying is that last year it was many indie picks, but this year it is more safe mainstream names.

This is from the BAFTAs site
    15 performances will progress to Round Two of voting, and six will be nominated. To determine this longlist, in Round One the acting chapter voted; the top 12 were automatically longlisted. The remaining three places have been voted on by the Longlisting jury, who have considered the next 10 placed performances from the chapter vote. Round Two is voted on by a jury who will vote for the six nominations. In Round Three, the general voting membership will select the winner in this category. 82 performances were submitted for consideration.

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

Two for top 2 membership pick which is already decided, the other four are picked by jury and you would expect them to skew heavily towards the critics side. Also they need to show some love for POC because that’s what they are created for, so Thompson would most probably be in the shortlist.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Why don’t they just do the top 3 at BAFTA if they’re going to have six nominees? lol

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Yes I am saying the jury picks the other 4 from the same list. What I was saying is that last year it was many indie picks, but this year it is more safe mainstream names.

Ah yeah you’re right on that. I wonder if they’ll still go for the most indie picks like Renate etc..

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Imagine if McDormand makes BAFTA by a jury pick oh god.

Profile picture
    ScottieG
    Topics:

At least SAGass is getting the deserved treatment in social media even by non KStew stans. You can’t expect applauses after this fucking travesty. The problem is not nominating Gaga. Or KiDmAn. Is the ones you leave out. Like, when you leave out KStew for Kidman in BTR…you know what’s up. Pure elitism.

Or maybe, and hear me out here- they just preferred her performance?

"I'm not mad at you Helga. I'm mad at the dirt!"

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

This year’s longlist is much more ‘Oscar Contenders’ than last year. We know for this phase it was the top 12 most voted + the jury including 3 names out of the next 10 most voted.
    Those 3 jury selections seems clearly to be Reinsve, Rushbrook and Scanlan. So I wonder if they’ll be already the 3 out of 4 jury picks for the final nominations.

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

Anyways, I would like people to underestimate Kidman, because look what happened to Stewart. In regards to who is winning the Oscar it is kinda early to tell now, the main award shows to define that are SAG late February and BAFTAs early March. The rule of BAFTAs deciding the Oscar winner is kinda solid, so I would wait for them before jumping to conclusions now.

I agree, it could be Gaga since there is support for the movie (I enjoyed the movie a lot), or it could be Colman since lots of academy voters are British.

Will Smith was rewarded for exceeding everyone's expectations in endearing violent traits. Shame on the Academy!

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Imagine if McDormand makes BAFTA by a jury pick oh god.

One can only hope 🙏

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Those 3 jury selections seems clearly to be Reinsve, Rushbrook and Scanlan. So I wonder if they’ll be already the 3 out of 4 jury picks for the final nominations.

Yeah the 4th could be Emilia Jones.

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

Reinsve is definitely getting picked by jury, no way she’s in top 12.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

People should get over it, every one of the 5 nominees campaigned their ass off (Kristen too), if someone didn’t make it, it’s simply because they didn’t like their performance as much as the others.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I have a feeling tessa and hudson will be picked by the jury

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

House of Gucci didn’t get director because the votes get split up between HoG and TLD (both Ridley’s film).

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I’m surprised to see some comments on here adamant that the BAFTA is between Kidman and Gaga when she exists…

Yeah, I feel that despite House of Gucci doing well on the BAFTA longlist, I can easily see the film’s longlist-nomination ratio being wildly different. I have Gaga third for the BAFTA because I think Colman and Kidman just have more industry respect.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 531 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)’ is closed to new replies.