Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 531 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
pedrohf2001
M
Anthagiox
  • Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Nicole should have been a 3/3 Oscar winner instead of Frances McDormand.

Yes darling. Even her snubbed performances like Dogville, Destroyer, The Others, The Killing of A Sacred Deer, Boy Erased, Birth, are all great and Oscar-worthy. Too bad they will award her second for a fine performance in Sorkin’s House of Wax.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Nicole hasn’t won a movie SAG, right?

She’s ridiculously overdue for it

FYC

Best Actress - Pénélope Cruz, Olivia Colman

Best Actor - Denzel Washington

Best Supporting Actress - Aunjanue Ellis, Kathryn Hunter

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

Honestly, I’m happy for Kidman and Gaga. People were really underestimating their chances despite them being obviously stronger than others!

I’m happier for Gaga for selecting great roles and her second choice gets her a second nomination and probably a win. Kidman has nothing to prove at this stage of her career, and I’m sure she does not care much about rewards or she would pick mainstream roles like Streep and Blanchett.

Will Smith was rewarded for exceeding everyone's expectations in endearing violent traits. Shame on the Academy!

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

I think we need to seriously consider a few “insider sources” (the legit ones, for sure). Then we may find that nothing is surprising, they’re all predictable and right in front of us.

The Anne Thompson article about Gaga mentions how the SAG members were crazy for it. And then we see HoG with 3 noms even an ensemble. Thompson isn’t some industry guru but at least her reports on the SAG reactions are reliable.

BTR was said to receive a “standing ovation” at the SAG screenings. And then we see 2 noms for it.

However we kept hearing how SAG reacts negatively toward Spencer, some even said people “left the movie midway”. Although it sounds ridiculous, we actually see Kristen missing a nom today. Again, maybe nothing is a surprise it’s just we’ve been ignoring something

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

The problem with Stewart is not her performance (which is great) or her film (which is actually good unlike other candidates films in this category). It’s that the movie portrays Diana (an icon, a victim and a saint for many) in a very unlikable way. She is portrayed as an spoiled and unhinged woman with mental and health problems for most of the movie. Only the last 10 minutes of the film seems to show us the Diana that people love and remember.

Well, she was a spoiled woman with mental health problems. She was not particularly mature emotionally, certainly not when she married Charles, and the constant scrutiny only made matters worse.  She was a good woman with a good heart who was put in an unfair situation she couldn’t handle, and the movie reflected that well.

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

I think we need to seriously consider a few “insider sources” (the legit ones, for sure). Then we may find that nothing is surprising, they’re all predictable and right in front of us. The Anne Thompson article about Gaga mentions how the SAG members were crazy for it. And then we see HoG with 3 noms even an ensemble. Thompson isn’t some industry guru but at least her reports on the SAG reactions are reliable. BTR was said to receive a “standing ovation” at the SAG screenings. And then we see 2 noms for it. However we kept hearing how SAG reacts negatively toward Spencer, some even said people “left the movie midway”. Although it sounds ridiculous, we actually see Kristen missing a nom today. Again, maybe nothing is a surprise it’s just we’ve been ignoring something

I read that SAG members left Spencer after 10 min of playing time.

Will Smith was rewarded for exceeding everyone's expectations in endearing violent traits. Shame on the Academy!

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

I think we need to seriously consider a few “insider sources” (the legit ones, for sure). Then we may find that nothing is surprising, they’re all predictable and right in front of us. The Anne Thompson article about Gaga mentions how the SAG members were crazy for it. And then we see HoG with 3 noms even an ensemble. Thompson isn’t some industry guru but at least her reports on the SAG reactions are reliable. BTR was said to receive a “standing ovation” at the SAG screenings. And then we see 2 noms for it. However we kept hearing how SAG reacts negatively toward Spencer, some even said people “left the movie midway”. Although it sounds ridiculous, we actually see Kristen missing a nom today. Again, maybe nothing is a surprise it’s just we’ve been ignoring something

I think you should always wait for the industry awards like SAG to speak. They go for over the top performances or kinda roles they speak to their hearts. Don’t look Metacritic scores etc. Dont Look Up, House of Gucci, Being The Ricardos are rejected films by so called high brow critics, they are yellow on MC, but actors like their fave actors putting on a shows.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I did consider a Kristen snub the other day after the globe loss but I just thought she’d have enough support to at least get nominated.

I guess people really seem to have a problem with spencer tho

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

I’m happier for Gaga for selecting great roles and her second choice gets her a second nomination and probably a win. Kidman has nothing to prove at this stage of her career, and I’m not sure she does not care much about rewards or she would pick mainstream roles like Streep and Blanchet.

What I admire the most about Nicole is her attitude and professionalism as an actor. As one of the best actors of her generation, she could very well just retire and enjoy life being an icon like Julia Roberts. Plus she isn’t the it girl anymore and don’t have the box office power like she used to. But she just keeps on acting and taking new challenges despite critics trashing her. Her work ethic is just extraordinary and people really need to recognize her contribution.

Profile picture
    Taylor jacobs
    Topics:

Kidman, Colman, Chastain, and Gaga seem safe for the oscar nom as they’ve all hit CC, GG, SAG. That 5th slot is anybody’s at this point but I’m predicting zegler.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Well, she was a spoiled woman with mental health problems. She was not particularly mature emotionally, certainly not when she married Charles, and the constant scrutiny only made matters worse. She was a good woman with a good heart who was put in an unfair situation she couldn’t handle, and the movie reflected that well.

Please don’t waste your time with these posters who believed Diana was what they saw on TV. So many missed the point of the movie being an interpretation of Diana (it literally says fable in the opening credits ffs), and never pretended to be a traditional biopic. It wouldn’t surprise me if this concept went over the SAG heads…and you’re right, it was an effective portrayal of a woman on the verge of a nervous breakdown (which for some reason people forget Diana was…)

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I did consider a Kristen snub the other day after the globe loss but I just thought she’d have enough support to at least get nominated.

I guess people really seem to have a problem with spencer tho

Almost half the audience walked out from the movie theater where I saw Spencer. There were audible groans during the film. This was on November 6th so it hadn’t won all these critics awards yet. I didn’t like her performance but I still find it extremely surprising. Since ZERO actresses have ever won Best Actress without a SAG nomination in the 27 years of SAG’s existence and it’s not a screener issue like it was for Regina King a few years ago in the Supporting Actress category I really don’t believe she can win now.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

I read that SAG members left Spencer after 10 min of playing time.

That’s just so stupid. I never studied film, I have no contact with the industry, I used to watch Marvel movies only until 3 years ago, I’m just a student… and these SAGass clowns can’t even get past through Spencer? I even watch freaking documentaries today. There’s just no logical reasoning. What kind of attention levels they have? What kind of maturity? Because it’s more… artsy?? Idk.

But they somehow loved the safe Kidman. 15th time. Why not. And for BTR, her obvious best performance and clear top3 of the season. Hudson is even weirder tbh. I feel like I have more maturity than these… SAGass voters. What Stewart. Cruz? Nah. Not even a fan but Thompson did a actually good performance. Like, for real. I could make a list of 10 or 15 better performances. But why Kidman prevails? Populist, they don’t bother to watch all movies, go safe and go for their favorite actress, not performance because otherwise I just don’t get it.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

BTW, I will keep whining so put me on ignore if it’s bothering you.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 531 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)’ is closed to new replies.