Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 531 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
replies
views
users
pedrohf2001
M
Anthagiox
  • Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Clouds and Shopper were not awards contenders. My point is that people in the know understand that she’s not the Twilight girl anymore. Maybe they liked her performance less than others, but you’re acting like they were watching Gal Gadot.

These awards are also about reputation and perception from the industry.

I agree she’s not the Twilight girl anymore but the European arthouse movies she did are not very popular or known in general, especially in the US, whatever you like it or not the ‘Twilight’ movies remain her most popular and known work and some people might still be biased or skpetical about her for that.

Profile picture
    Radiomon
    Topics:

I’m totally OK with Gaga, Nicole or Olivia winning. They are all hard working, spectular actresses with charisma and a lot of humanity in their souls. The meet of theirs on award season will be so fun and refresh to watch.

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

I think anyone who is still calling K-Stew even after the events of the past several days are lying to themselves. She’s not even in the top three now. Kidman, Gaga and Olivia have overtaken her.

Some Goldderby experts updated their lists today and still keeping Kristen on the top spot. They think they would influence voters by sticking with her.

Will Smith was rewarded for exceeding everyone's expectations in endearing violent traits. Shame on the Academy!

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

It’s so sad that Nicole will win for THAT performance. I always thought that she was overlooked, but if she win she will now be overrated. It’s really a meh performance that doesn’t deserve all the praise.

Well her PEERS thought differently!!!

d

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

kristen is a good actress but Spencer was just not it, its messy and you can’t even understand what’s going on,

but she’s still going to appear nomination morning, no worries

Profile picture
    Radiomon
    Topics:

These awards are also about reputation and perception from the industry.

I agree she’s not the Twilight girl anymore but the European arthouse movies she did are not very popular or known in general, especially in the US, whatever you like it or not the ‘Twilight’ movies remain her most popular and known work and some people might still be biased or skpetical about her for that.

Nobody out of the ‘art/indie’ type of movie world know about Kristen outside her work in Twilight. Did she had a movie with at least 50 M of BO since then?

Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:

They SHOULD be ASHAMED. A performance for the AGES! KSTew took the role and delivered the most stunning performance by any actor this year.

In other note. I need to stop betting on BA coz I always lost.

My bets:
    2010: Nicole Kidman – Rabbit Hole
    2011: Michelle Williams – MWWM
    2012: Jennifer Lawrence – SLP*
    2013: Cate Blanchett – Blue Jasmine*
    2014: Julianne Moore – Still Alice*
    2015: Saoirse Ronan – Brooklyn
    2016: Isabelle Huppert – Elle
    2017: Margot Robbie – I, Tonya
    2018: Glenn Close – The Wife
    2019: Scarlett Johansson – Marriage Story
    2020: Carey Mulligan – PYW
    3 out of 11!!!

Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

POST-SAG PREDICTIONS

1. Lady Gaga (House of Gucci)
    2. Nicole Kidman (Being the Ricardos)
    3. Olivia Colman (The Lost Daughter)
    4. Jessica Chastain (The Eyes of Tammy Faye)
    5. Rachel Zegler (West Side Story)
    Profile picture
    K Olivia
    Topics:

Why are some people still underestimating the likelihood of an Oscar nomination for Jennifer Hudson? The SAG nod was a major boost and her role as Aretha Franklin is right up the Academy’s alley. It’s time we start taking her chances a lot more seriously. There’s a possibility she’s double nominated in Actress & Original Song.

Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:

Well her PEERS thought differently!!!

d

If she wins I’ll just think it’s either for Rabbit Hole, To Die For, or Destroyer.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

d

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

Kidman’s fans, I know it’s still a long way to go till Oscar’s night, but let’s be honest….It is down to Gaga and Kidman for the gold. Who do you think has a better-substantiated case and narrative winning this category?

Will Smith was rewarded for exceeding everyone's expectations in endearing violent traits. Shame on the Academy!

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Kidman’s fans, I know it’s still a long way to go till Oscar’s night, but let’s be honest….It is down to Gaga and Kidman for the gold. Who do you think has a better-substantiated case and narrative winning this category?

I say Gaga just because her transformation was more impressive to me. I’d be happy with either of them (or Olivia) winning, though.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Nicole’s performance is better so this is tricky for me. both would be technically on their second win, but Kidman’s performance is more technically proficient and risky.

But honestly because this season is so unpredictable… and trends are being broken every year….I don’t think its a clear cut winner. I don’t think its just down to Kidman or Gaga…..Stewart (despite the SAG snub) and Chastain, imo still have a shot at the win.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 531 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)’ is closed to new replies.