Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 526 through 537 (of 537 total)
Created
7 days ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
pedrohf2001
M
Anthagiox
  • Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:

I don’t see either Stewart or Chastain are contenders for the win because their movies will not result in other category nominations. Colman’s winning the second oscar in a short time can not be justified unless her performance is striking. It is down to Gaga vs. Kidman.

Nicole because she’s playing Lucille Ball through a Sorkin scripts and had the better performance amplified by great actors around her

Profile picture
    Radiomon
    Topics:

Kidman’s fans, I know it’s still a long way to go till Oscar’s night, but let’s be honest….It is down to Gaga and Kidman for the gold. Who do you think has a better-substantiated case and narrative winning this category?

As a Gaga fan, Kidman.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I don’t see either Stewart or Chastain are contenders for the win because their movies will not result in other category nominations. Colman’s winning the second oscar in a short time can not be justified unless her performance is striking. It is down to Gaga vs. Kidman.

This is precisely why I think Colman will win. Gaga vs Kidman are the same voting bloc of voters. Colman will likely have a voting bloc that can be large enough to get past both of them. Pending what happens with the BAFTA nominations – and who exactly are the five Oscar nominees – I think Colman will win the Oscar.

Profile picture
    GrammyLoser
    Topics:

Of course Kidman is winning the CC. They will try to predict the Oscars once again and since Stewart is DOA on SAG’s list…

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Why are some people still underestimating the likelihood of an Oscar nomination for Jennifer Hudson? The SAG nod was a major boost and her role as Aretha Franklin is right up the Academy’s alley. It’s time we start taking her chances a lot more seriously. There’s a possibility she’s double nominated in Actress & Original Song.

She could probably surprise too, especially if they are looking to fill a “diversity slot.” She could be the Cynthia Erivo of the year.

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

If Stewart gets snubbed who is taking her spot?

Hudson would get her spot with more odds, though there is Cruz, Zegler, or even Berry as a nominee surprise.

Profile picture
    pierremg
    Topics:

Kristen is almost gone, but still at #1 with 4/1. Let that soul rest guys. Let it go for good.

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

For me, Kristen should be winning. But, let it be Colman again then.

I’m more than happy with Gaga being nominated.

Profile picture
    Giordano Bruno
    Topics:

Kidman’s fans, I know it’s still a long way to go till Oscar’s night, but let’s be honest….It is down to Gaga and Kidman for the gold. Who do you think has a better-substantiated case and narrative winning this category?

I watched both movies and enjoyed them, I am from Brazil so I dont know a lot about Lucille Ball, yet so I watched some interviews and Sketches after and before I saw the movie and for me Nicole got her voice very alike and she looked like her, but as I said before even though I enjoyed it for me it was weird cause it didnt seen that Kidman had any really great moments on the film till the end when she confronts her husband, but its not like she was not consistent, she did good but the movie lacked great/big scenes for her to me. In HOG Gaga had a stransformation as Patrizia in 3 different decades and her chacater slowly changed through the movie in not only in the manners but also appearance, she had a lot of great scenes and really looked like her, I preferred Gaga

You could say my opinion about this its only bcs I am a Gaga stan and I cant blame you for this lol but is really how I feel and I really enjoyed BTR and I like Nicole. But to her consideration, Nicole is the biggest Hollywood star here and she is playing a Icon and we know how much the Oscars love this so:

If it was for the movie with the performance I think Gaga could/should win but if its by narrative and the role I think it will be Kidman, for me its really between them both, nothing agains Olivia but I dont believe TLD is the movie that will give her a 2 Oscar

Profile picture
    mi_gi_1988
    Topics:

Colman won’t win for TLD. Frances won pushed my the movie (which won BP) and this is not the same scenario.

Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

If Stewart gets snubbed who is taking her spot?

JHud, Zegler, or maybe Haim. With Penelope missing the BAFTA long list she’s out of the question. Halle Berry’s last hope was SAG so she’s dead in the water too imo.

We’ll have a better idea after the final BAFTA nominations are announced.

Profile picture
    mi_gi_1988
    Topics:

Cruz chance is also dead. Please let her nod rest in peace guys.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 12 posts - 526 through 537 (of 537 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)’ is closed to new replies.