Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 531 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
pedrohf2001
M
Anthagiox
  • Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

I wonder what to make of SAG nominating Bradley Cooper and not Alana. They actually saw Licorice Pizza? They liked it? Same for Rachel Zegler. Both films did extremely well with BAFTA today. Both of them are still in the race for a nomination and could surprise in Oscar morning, especially now with Cruz out of the race.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

Not you letting everyone here know you have a gigantic asshole. Go get that looked at.

After this SAG fuckfest you better believe it’s wide open.

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

Call me crazy but I genuinely think Olivia could win. TLD had very good support from BAFTA considering it’s not a tech kind of movie, making picture, director, actress, supporting actress, adapted screenplay and more. She was expected to miss SAG and yet made it ahead of the presumed frontrunner. I can definitely see her taking BAFTA (as her closest competition is drastically underperforming) and winning the Oscar.

She and her film quietly had a great day after all that doubt and she is Netflix’s main contender in this category. She also potentially has all the highbrow votes to herself. 4 baity biopics vs Olivia Colman at SAG she did that lol

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Imagine if Jennifer Hudson gets into Best Actress. This category would be eerily like the one a couple of years ago. Goodness.

Profile picture
    Farix
    Topics:

I’m still in disbelief at the mere thought of House of Gaga getting into Oscars Best Picture. 😩

Imagine HOG getting into Best Picture merely based on Gaga’s individual hype.

Her influence and impact remain unmatched. It’s truly House of Gaga.

Profile picture
    keybored
    Topics:

depending on how she fares at bafta,  its possible kstew might miss oscar nom too. she is not winning for sure

Profile picture
    BenitoDelicias
    Topics:

What a fun day. It’s always nice when a real precursor comes in and shits all over everyone’s predictions and sad annoying stans who’ve been fucking up threads get a nice slap in the face.

The Stewart snub is ridiculous, but it’s also very fun. I think she’s safe though. Hudson is just “that typical SAG nomination”, just like Affleck, Bardem and possibly Blanchett and Leto too. Not buying these five as Oscar nominees at all.

Haven’t seen The Tender Bar, don’t think I will, but a Ben Affeck ACTING nom is so crazy I wanna see it. Just don’t snub Dornan in the process, ’cause that’s another thing I never expected before Belfast and I want that nomination too.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Kidman Gaga and Colman seem like a secure top 3. Chastain hasn’t missed anywhere and Stewart will get nominated but won’t win missing a SAG nomination, I believe M has shown us it’s nearly impossible. I can definitely see any of the first three winning. Assuming Colman takes the BAFTA, I think she’ll face off against whoever SAG chooses between Kidman and Gaga (likely Gaga).

FYC:
    That's Where I Am by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

We’re probably going to have different winners at everything.

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

She and her film quietly had a great day after all that doubt and she is Netflix’s main contender in this category. She also potentially has all the highbrow votes to herself. 4 baity biopics vs Olivia Colman at SAG she did that lol

Exactly. Gucci did great too but The Lost Daughter and Olivia haven’t been missing anything they’ve needed to make yet this season.

FYC:
    That's Where I Am by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I believe M has shown us it’s nearly impossible

There was never a Best Actress winner that missed SAG. But you don’t need to win SAG. All you need is a nod.

So Colman, Gaga and Kidman can all win. Unless this 27 year trend is broken and Stewart wins.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

What a fun day. It’s always nice when a real precursor comes in and shits all over everyone’s predictions and sad annoying stans who’ve been fucking up threads get a nice slap in the face. The Stewart snub is ridiculous, but it’s also very fun. I think she’s safe though. Hudson is just “that typical SAG nomination”, just like Affleck, Bardem and possibly Blanchett and Leto too. Not buying these five as Oscar nominees at all. Haven’t seen The Tender Bar, don’t think I will, but a Ben Affeck ACTING nom is so crazy I wanna see it. Just don’t snub Dornan in the process, ’cause that’s another thing I never expected before Belfast and I want that nomination too.

Ben Affleck is great and underrated. It is not SAG voters fault they can’t deny him a nom. I mean.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 531 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 57)’ is closed to new replies.