Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 58)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 58)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 5 posts - 571 through 575 (of 575 total)
Created
4 days ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
Ben Affleck Fan
M
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

The Oscars are so international, you need the British vote 9/10 of the times. Glen Close knows this best, that’s why she never won an Oscar. Kidman managed to win once because she benefited by playing a British role, while losing the SAG to Renee.

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

I feel like I need to do some calculation to back up my Gaga’s SAG win prediction, I’ll just lay out the strengths of Kidman and Gaga in terms of that group.

Gaga: Box office (which means more visibility), SAG merger of AFTRA (support from radio artists from the music industry) , movie getting ensemble

Kidman: Playing Lucille Ball (people familiar with the role, expect a bit more support from Tele/film segments), recent globe win (Not sure how to take this, but it’s not on Close level of influence).

So, given that more factors are in favor of LG, I’ll predict her for the win, I know you can’t simply add up all these things and make predictions but I don’t know the alternative, so here I am. Kidman can prove me wrong and I’ll be happy for her win (as long as it’s not Chastain).

Profile picture
    fexo
    Topics:

I’ve never seen an indie star so forced by pundits and publicists. The industry don’t want her.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

You guys have many valid reasons on why Nicole could get it but “never winning a film SAG” is not one of them.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

I remember Neon kicking off the Spencer campaign the moment the Gucci reviews dropped

Neon had BP and BD and several other noms in its sights then, too, when it saw HoG as its No.1 threat – the studio folx were nearly putting all eggs in the Spencer basket then, and we see the results today (poor Renate!)

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 5 posts - 571 through 575 (of 575 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 58)’ is closed to new replies.