Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 59)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 59)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 617 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Anthagiox
Cinema2050
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

And somehow this is all due and conects to Gaga which only helps her chances more, at least if the movie makes Best Picture, the one that really matters

Yes definitely, if HOG made it to BP nominee and Zegler didn’t make best actress, that a huge boost right there for Gaga. Only nominee with BP contender and box office success will looks good.

It’s not very low, it dominated BAFTA longlist and SAG, the actor branch and British block have spoken, it’s very likely getting into best picture now. I would say 80 percent.

I think it is likely, but I won’t say 80 percent. I believe top 9 movies on odds are locked.

That leaves one spot for HOG, BTR, Drive My Car and Tragedy of Macbeth

I would say:
    HOG: 30%

DMC: 30%

BTR: 20%

TOM: 10%

Surprise: 10%

Profile picture
    Kent Adams
    Topics:

I totally agree. The Lost Doll is the worst movie of the season. It never made any sense. I kept waiting for the suspense to unfold, but nothing really happened. Just pointless events with one of the worst endings of all time. I don’t understand how it got a 96% on RT while entertaining and engaging movies were kept on the 60s and even 50s. Tammy Faye was much better. At least Tammy had a plot and it concentrated on that plot. Tammy was entertaining. Critics needs to go. They keep lying to us. Anybody that disagrees should go read the audience reviews on RT.

Agreed. It’s literally pointless and nearly plotless. A woman goes on vacation and has flashbacks about what a shitty mother she was and then steals a little girls doll 😂

Did I miss anything?

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Next Best Picture predictions THE TOP 10 PREDICTIONS (1/13/22)​ 1. Nicole Kidman – Being The Ricardos (^) 2. Jessica Chastain – The Eyes of Tammy Faye 3. Olivia Colman – The Lost Daughter (^) 4. Kristen Stewart – Spencer (v) 5. Lady Gaga – House of Gucci At this point I really need Gaga to win this just to see the meltdown that it will become

I remember when people on here were predicting Spencer in Best Picture and Director. ☠️

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

It’s not “very low” that is a REACH. It’s support at SAG and BAFTA disproves that completely now.

It clearly outperformed at SAG and BAFTA, no doubt. But I would like to see actual BAFTAs noms on 3rd Feb to see actually see how strong it is.

I think these one are locked:

Costume

Makeup

British Movie

If it can get two more possibly Gaga, Jared or Casting, I will be much more confidence about it then.

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

I think it is likely, but I won’t say 80 percent. I believe top 9 movies on odds are locked. That leaves one spot for HOG, BTR, Drive My Car and Tragedy of Macbeth I would say: HOG: 30% DMC: 30% BTR: 20% TOM: 10% Surprise: 10%

Which 9 may I ask? Drive My Car? Haven’t you learned your lessons with the critics, the real industry (SAG and BAFTA) has already spoken. I have Macbeth locked,  so I don’t really know your placement. I think you are still not recovered by HoG’s poor performance with the critics, it has the same support as don’t look up and should be placing in similar position.

Profile picture
    Giordano Bruno
    Topics:

Interesting but I still wish something like Tina and Amy, but it could work, it is defintelly better than Tom Holland

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Grace says everyone she talked to in the industry hated Spencer. I don’t understand why critics went so wild for it, but critics and pundits have definitely lost a lot of credibility this award cycle by acting like Kristen Stewart was the only actress in existence. It’s so clear that film Twitter and millennial Twilight fans were the ones creating an echo chamber around her. I feel bad for Kristen. For all the talk of biopics dominating, people were fine when they thought the biopic in question was Kristen’s, but now that it might be Gaga or Kidman biopics should not be awarded.

Profile picture
    amydunne
    Topics:

a reason a SAG voter gave regarding Stewart. truly embarassing

FYC:
    Spencer (IN ALL CATEGORIES)
    Passing (IN ALL CATEGORIES)
    The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

The LA Times Roundtable didn’t feature Nicole, however it was sponsored by Amazon. They put a literal Being the Ricardos FYC in the beginning of the video, followed by an unecessary break to include a BTR commercial citing its Critics Choice nominations. Amazon is savage this year and is not letting itself go behind other studios.

Yup Netflix sucks at promoting their Best Actress lineup Olivia and Tessa.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:
    sadins
    Topics:

Which 9 may I ask? Drive My Car? Haven’t you learned your lessons with the critics, the real industry (SAG and BAFTA) has already spoke. I have Macbeth locked, so I don’t really know your placement. I think you are still not recovered by HoG’s poor performance with the critics, it has the same support as don’t look up and should be placing in similar position.

These nines:

1. The Power Of Dog
    2. Belfast
    3. West Side Story
    4. Dune
    5. King Richard
    6. Licorice Pizza
    7. CODA
    8. Don’t Look Up
    9. Tick Tick Boom

And Drive My Car is definitely not critical thing only, it the only international movie in contender so some voters will try to get it there just for it. Also the support from Asian community.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:
    coopC
    Topics:

These nines:

1. The Power Of Dog
    2. Belfast
    3. West Side Story
    4. Dune
    5. King Richard
    6. Licorice Pizza
    7. CODA
    8. Don’t Look Up
    9. Tick Tick Boom

And Drive My Car is definitely not critical thing only, it the only international movie in contender so some voters will try to get it there just for it. Also the support from Asian community.

But did it overperforme at the industry awards?  House of Gucci is definitely higher than Tick Tick Boom. I don’t think HoG is locked but I don’t believe it’s fighting for the tenth spot either.

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

Agreed. It’s literally pointless and nearly plotless. A woman goes on vacation and has flashbacks about what a shitty mother she was and then steals a little girls doll 😂 Did I miss anything?

I can’t say it better myself. I was too waiting for some sort of climax to happen or some shocking events since I had trust in Colman and the movie buzz itself. I kept waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and when the movie credits came up, I was like what?

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

Stop trying to control the way other people feel about her. It’s bad enough already some of her deranged fans attack anyone who doesn’t have something positive to say about her movie on social media. I’ve never seen a more insecure fandom.

Again, the “Gaga fans are so toxic they damage everywhere” talk. I mean would you look at the words you posted? Nobody gives a sh*t about who likes or dislikes Gaga’s performance. But when you say something like “she’s only xxx because she’s a superstar” is basically discrediting her recognition and a straight up false statement. Also you’re technically slamming the Oscars too because they’ll easily reward a superstar for a sh*t hole performance.

It’s just so easy to always blame things on Gaga’s fans regardless, jeez!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 617 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 59)’ is closed to new replies.