Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 59)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 59)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 617 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Anthagiox
Cinema2050
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Stewart will probably receive a lot of #1s and #2s, so I think she’s safe for the nomination.

But now with Cruz out of the race, what’s the path for a Zegler/Haim nomination? a Chastain snub?

Haim did Jimmy Kimmel last night. MGM it’s not here to play.

FYC

Best Picture: Licorice Pizza, Mass

Best Actress: Alana Haim

Best Actor: Simon Rex

Supporting Actress: Ann Dowd, Martha Plimpton

Supporting Actor: Reed Birney, Mike Faist, Jason Isaacs, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

https://www.goldderby.com/charts/combined-graphs/oscars-nominations-2022-predictions/

The numbers must be strong enough to warrant this. Damn. It survived the Spiderman slaughter. 😭  I guess that’s what happens when you’re a MOVIE STAR. ✨

“Evaporate, and leave us cinephiles alone.”

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

Stewart will probably receive a lot of #1s and #2s, so I think she’s safe for the nomination. But now with Cruz out of the race, what’s the path for a Zegler/Haim nomination? a Chastain snub? Haim did Jimmy Kimmel last night. MGM it’s not here to play.

A Chastain snub is good in theory, but in practice, since SAG voters shared she has passion there, the Oscars acting branch will vote for her. That’s all she needs. Newcomers Zegler and Haim are not sure things, but I think Zegler could be the surprise in the end.

FYC Oscars 2022

Best Supporting Actor: Ben Affleck

Now that I’m thinking about it, I can see why people are putting Chastain in second. Her performance is the kind of big performance that awards voters usually love. With that being said, though, so are Kidman and Gaga’s performances.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

maybe Stewart missing at SAG it’s a good thing for the top 5 since they always miss at least 1 Oscar nominee anyway lol

FYC

maybe Stewart missing at SAG it’s a good thing for the top 5 since they always miss at least 1 Oscar nominee anyway lol

I think that if any SAG nominee is missing, it’s probably gonna be Hudson.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I mean Jessica also never won a SAG for performance neither did Olivia or Gaga
    I don’t think that narrative will stick for nicole

Profile picture
    Matthew Barry
    Topics:

I feel sorry for Stewart, she was brilliant in Spencer.

I have a feeling Kidman will now win the Oscar. Americans love Lucille Ball, and she’s rose again after winning the golden globe.

Your much more likely to get nominated for an Oscar if you win in the drama catagory than the musical or comedy catagory.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

It’s going to be Zegler.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Stewart is getting Haim’s position.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

The PGA awards have been postponed to March 19: https://deadline.com/2022/01/producers-guild-awards-postponed-covid-2022-1234909742/

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

CC and Baftas will now take place on the same day (March 13), after the SAG awards (February 27): https://www.justjared.com/2022/01/13/critics-choice-awards-2022-has-a-new-date-it-conflicts-with-another-awards-show/#more-1797608

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

But now with Cruz out of the race, what’s the path for a Zegler/Haim nomination? a Chastain snub? Haim did Jimmy Kimmel last night. MGM it’s not here to play.

Rachel’s path will be highly associated with her movie. If WSS overperforms for the Academy members, she may get some passion vote that make her in. Keep in mind it requires WSS to be the top 3 BP contenders for that to happen(Yalitza in Roma). A low-tier BP filler nom won’t help as much. I’ll be confident in her if the GG were televised this year, or she could get a CC BA nom. But none of those happened. So what she really need is the push from the movie itself.

It would be same for Alana, but Licorice Pizza seems to be a lot weaker than WSS and I doubt the passion for Pizza will be enough to land her a nod. So far she has nothing ahead of Rachel except regional critics awards, which are proven to be meaningless.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

^^ They are in very similar positions. I was actually wondering about who would miss for one of them to be nominated, because the top 4 seems very strong right now, and I’m also still predicting Stewart.

FYC

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Keep in mind it requires WSS to be the top 3 BP contenders for that to happen

Which it is

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 617 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 59)’ is closed to new replies.