Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 59)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 59)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 617 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Anthagiox
Cinema2050
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

I laughed at “and Adam Driver” lol

It was a category on its own.

Annette

The Last Duel

House of Gucci

Profile picture
    Münster
    Topics:

Now KStew stans are tweeting at journalists to investigate the homophobia against her, lol.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

We’re really putting too much stock in the Globes’ influence this year. Even the year before all the drama, they went 1:4 on acting wins (completely snubbing one of the Oscar winners in the process). And the absence of the big glamorous event with the dramatic, inspiring speeches cannot be denied. Most people who aren’t thinking about awards 24/7 will see Kidman’s name on the winners’ list, go “cool,” and move on. Speeches, visibility, and having your face uninterrupted for a few minutes on millions of TVs all over America is what the precursor wins are big for, more than the actual wins themselves.

Right. Like even when CBS covered them this year, they didn’t even bother to mention the acting winners.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Now KStew stans are tweeting at journalists to investigate the homophobia against her, lol.

Do they not know Gaga is openly bisexual and has been very, very gay throughout her career? Like, even before Kristen was out? Come on…

“Evaporate, and leave us cinephiles alone.”

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

They really went from xyz award doesn’t matter to straight-up conspiracy theories.

SAG are homophobic

BAFTAs are Diana-phobic

Oscars are Twilight-phobic

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Do they not know Gaga is openly bisexual and has been very, very gay throughout her career? Like, even before Kristen was out? Come on…

Ariana DeBose is openly queer as well.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I know HOG overperformed massively with the BAFTA longlists but what about The Lost Daughter? It got into editing, score and casting. Was it expected to be there or were those surprising?

FYC Oscars 2022

Best Picture: Mass
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Denzel Washington
    Actress: Olivia Colman, Alana Haim, Kristen Stewart
    Supp. Actor: Mike Faist, Jason Isaacs, Troy Kotsur
    Supp. Actress: Jessie Buckley, Ariana DeBose, Ann Dowd

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:
    Lucas
    Topics:

800k views on Twitter for the video of Gaga talking about the props drinks 😭😭😭 her power

FYC

Best Picture: Licorice Pizza, Mass

Best Actress: Alana Haim

Best Actor: Simon Rex

Supporting Actress: Ann Dowd, Martha Plimpton

Supporting Actor: Reed Birney, Mike Faist, Jason Isaacs, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

I know HOG overperformed massively with the BAFTA longlists but what about The Lost Daughter? It got into editing, score and casting. Was it expected to be there or were those surprising?

No, it is overperformance as well.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

They really went from xyz award doesn’t matter to straight-up conspiracy theories. SAG are homophobic BAFTAs are Diana-phobic Oscars are Twilight-phobic

It’s getting embarrassing.

Until a week ago every relevant award pre Globe missed was ‘she doesn’t need it’, ‘she has the Oscar locked’, “she has the Globe locked because it’s her first nomination”, “she’s the Joaquin Phoenix of this season,”, ‘she can win the Oscar without precursors’.

They tried also the conspirancy that the verified audience score on Rotten was corrupted as well lol.

Maybe it’s time to accept reality that was always there.

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

It’s getting embarrassing. Until a week ago every relevant award pre Globe missed was ‘she doesn’t need it’, ‘she has the Oscar locked’, “she has the Globe locked because it’s her first nomination”, “she’s the Joaquin Phoenix of this season,”, ‘she can win the Oscar without precursors’. They tried also the conspirancy that the verified audience score on Rotten was corrupted as well lol. Maybe it’s time to accept reality that was always there.

I don’t think they will ever accept it.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

I’d say it’s performing on par with expectations. Not bad in any sense, but good as predicted.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

This is so appalling. I have no words.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

800k views on Twitter for the video of Gaga talking about the props drinks 😭😭 her power

I know it’s funny and all. But Gaga fans need to stop. With every interview they’d clip out the most memey part of the whole interview and make it go viral. When House of Gucci already has Jared Leto in it, the last thing you need is to make constant memes about Gaga. I definitely think it’s not a good look. But they don’t get it. I think I saw a fan-made FYC quoting a review that called the movie “the most memeable of the year” as if that was a compliment lmao

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 617 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 59)’ is closed to new replies.