Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 59)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 59)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 617 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Anthagiox
Cinema2050
kallewickans_3
  • Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:
    TomJerry
    Topics:

She’ll win for Cleopatra, don’t worry.

Lol where did you got this 😭

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

It is so embarrassing to see some disappointed Kristen Stewart fans say that SAG means nothing now that she wasn’t nominated when they obsessively said that Gaga had no chance of being nominated just last week. Stewart hyper fans are definitely the Mulligan hyper fans of 2022.

Profile picture
    Kent Adams
    Topics:

Yes! I honestly wish she could still be able to sneak in the Best Actress Oscars even on the last spot.

Honey she will. Oscars don’t have TikTokers and IG influencers as part of their voting. She will get in. There’s no way they snub her just because “SAG” snubbed her. Yes, I put SAG in quotes because they are not credible anymore IMO

Profile picture
    Kent Adams
    Topics:

It is so embarrassing to see some disappointed Kristen Stewart fans say that SAG means nothing now that she wasn’t nominated when they obsessively said that Gaga had no chance of being nominated just last week. Stewart hyper fans are definitely the Mulligan hyper fans of 2022.

It’s not embarrassing at all to say this. Who the hell allows influencers to have a say? They have no idea what a good performance is. They aren’t in the business at all. SAG may as well opened the flood gates completely and let everyone have a vote. They are on the same level as the VMAs and the MTV movie awards.
    Edit: and let’s flip the script completely. Had Gaga been the one who missed, you know damn well her fans would be saying the EXACT same thing. Period.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Honey she will. Oscars don’t have TikTokers and IG influencers as part of their voting. She will get in. There’s no way they snub her just because “SAG” snubbed her. Yes, I put SAG in quotes because they are not credible anymore IMO

Yes. She definitely deserves it. Let’s hope she at least scores a BAFTA nomination though. She really needs it.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Yes! I honestly wish she could still be able to sneak in the Best Actress Oscars even on the last spot. She deserves it.

Me too I hear you.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Exactly. I don’t know why some users on here are making such a fuss about it. None of the voters are actually going to watch that and decide they can’t vote for her. Gaga was very “memey” while campaigning for ASIB and she still won an Oscar that year.

I agree that AMPAs dont give a shit and don’t have time to check twitter. But I have to say, I’m surprised a lot of critcs have so much on their hands to be very active on twitter and tune into this stuff. And I think that’s my worry. There’s a lot of toxicity and hatred in Film Twitter. We’ve seen it when Gaga won NYFCC and we’ve seen it when Kidman won the Globe. I genuinely think that some regionals are simply afraid of awarding those 2 women, because of the backlash on social media. It’s probably the first year in a very long time that the 3 frontrunners are not winning any of the regionals (except for like 2-3 total combined).

And in the case of Gaga, a lot of the tweets/clips Film Twitter uses to put her in a bad light (even if it’s a joke), is stuff that’s posted by her own fans. I just think they need to be wary of that. For us, we all say oh look gaga being extra and cute etc. But if you check the quote tweets of that post, it’s much nastier than that.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Who says Nicole isn’t a gay icon? 🤣

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

At the end of the day the only thing that matters is movies. Awards are a fun little thing to obsess over, but a great movie with no awards is still a great movie, just as a mediocre one that wins BP is still mediocre.

Sure, but this forum is supposed to talk about awards mostly, many here talk about these critics awards like if they were the big deal, they are not.

To piggyback on the backlash discussion, I think that whoever wins the precursors are gonna get backlash: Gaga mainly because many film buffs don’t consider her to be a true part of the film industry, Kidman because they feel like Being the Ricardos is trash and Colman for the same reason. When you think about, the voters for these precursors can’t win at the end of the day.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Twitter hated Green Book and the Oscars didn’t care. Social media has never decided the Oscars. Never. The only films that social media believes are Oscar worthy are Marvel and A24 type movies. That’s it.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Grace did a video on SAG predictions. I’m surprised she refrained from doing any remarks about Jessica Chastain. But good for her, I always thought she was fair and reliable outside of the Chastain obsession.

Profile picture
    Kent Adams
    Topics:

Honey, anyone that follows Grace Randolph…

Profile picture
    samisimac
    Topics:

At the end of the day the only thing that matters is movies. Awards are a fun little thing to obsess over, but a great movie with no awards is still a great movie, just as a mediocre one that wins BP is still mediocre.

This is a thread about best actress oscar, so don’t say that at the end of the day the Oscars don’t matter, you Kristen fans are too salty after the snub at SAG, 1 week ago you were arrogant and stepping on any other actress here, I’m laughing at how things work on this forum, don’t say that Oscar doesn’t matter because before the SAG nominees came out you Kristen fans cared a lot about Oscars.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 617 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 59)’ is closed to new replies.