Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 571 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
kaziz
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

Nicole Kidman is an actress maybe she just likes to act lmao. Zendaya produced Malcolm and Marie because she missed acting and COVID had shut down euphoria season 2 filming. Nicole probably does not pick up scripts thinking “this is how ima get in this awards season” lmao she probably just like to film these Oscar bait movies to flex her acting muscle in these types of movies.

Agreed. Most people on here are delusional enough to think that every high profile actor’s thought process in choosing a project immediately goes to a presumptive awards prospect, when Kidman is probably just happy to take whatever selection of dramatic roles she has the opportunity to take like the vast majority of any other actor (if they too had the opportunity). At this point she’s been through the awards game enough times that I think she’s happy if that happens and perfectly content if it doesn’t.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Nicole seems really laid back about everything, likes to act, and minds her business.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

edit.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Kidman is a legend and one of the best actresses of our generation with a good filmography, it feels like she has more Oscars nominations.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Audiences should generally be receptive to “Being the Ricardos”, but more importantly, Hollywood gets to watch their favorite genre again, themselves. “Being the Ricardos” was satisfying entertaining and well palatable overall, but the film is not without its qualms. A cocktail mix of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and David O. Russell’s “Joy” meets the behind-the-scenes of I Love Lucy. It’s all set in mostly a single set detailing the story of Lucille Ball being the first woman to run a major television studio, Desilu Productions. In signature Aaron Sorkin fashion, expect an array of snappy and clever dialogue. The best moments take us inside the writers’ room, but the romantic elements of the movie felt the most rushed and less researched. Big emotional swings may not land in ways Sorkin likely anticipated when penning it on the page, such as monologues about sordid affairs between the couple that bait on Oscar chewery. Both actors may very well land acting nominations come next year. Kidman is reliably good, channels Ball better the deeper we go, yet surprisingly Javier Bardem stole the picture.  In terms of the rest of the cast, no one else really stood out to their degree.”

The Best Actress Race will be interesting 🤨.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Audiences should generally be receptive to “Being the Ricardos”, but more importantly, Hollywood gets to watch their favorite genre again, themselves. “Being the Ricardos” was satisfying entertaining and well palatable overall, but the film is not without its qualms. A cocktail mix of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and David O. Russell’s “Joy” meets the behind-the-scenes of I Love Lucy. It’s all set in mostly a single set detailing the story of Lucille Ball being the first woman to run a major television studio, Desilu Productions. In signature Aaron Sorkin fashion, expect an array of snappy and clever dialogue. The best moments take us inside the writers’ room, but the romantic elements of the movie felt the most rushed and less researched. Big emotional swings may not land in ways Sorkin likely anticipated when penning it on the page, such as monologues about sordid affairs between the couple that bait on Oscar chewery. Both actors may very well land acting nominations come next year. Kidman is reliably good, channels Ball better the deeper we go, yet surprisingly Javier Bardem stole the picture. In terms of the rest of the cast, no one else really stood out to their degree.”

The Best Actress Race will be interesting 🤨.

where is this from?

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

got this from another board:

– It was a first cut but for him Sorkin captured the vibe of the era beautifully

– Nicole kills it. He describes her as a goddess. And yes she had the Lucy Ricardo look in the b/w scenes. And she is incredible in those scenes. He describes that scenes ravishing.

Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

What do you guys think about Rebecca hall for the night house!?

Profile picture
    ShinySeaDiamond
    Topics:

What do you guys think about Rebecca hall for the night house!?

Given that she’s directing Passing, I can see Hall herself not wanting to push herself in The Night House so that Thompson has a greater shot in this category.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Definitely an opinion. Lucille Ball is one of the most iconic & globally recognized stars ever. Here’s an excerpt I found to support this in relation to her show: “I Love Lucy is, without question, the most popular and influential television comedy of all time. Since it’s debut on CBS on October 15, 1951, the show has been translated into almost every language in the world and has run continuously in international syndication in over 100 U.S. markets and virtually every country in the world for almost half a century. When the show first began to rerun episodes in 1959, its ratings outperformed most of CBS’s new programming that year. Such is the continuing popularity of the show that each episode is also available in Spanish, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese, and French.” Via encyclopedia.com

I can only answer for Italy, where I grew up. 😊 I didn’t know “I Love Lucy” or Lucille Ball until a few months ago when I watched “Wandavision” and I wanted to know which sit-coms were recreated. I recognized “Bewitched/I Dream of Jeannie”, “Modern Family” and some sit-coms from the late 1980s and early 1990s, but not “I Love Lucy”.

This is because it never aired in Italy (apart from 13 episodes in 1960, according to Wikipedia). I watched a couple of videos on YouTube and the style of the sit-com feels familiar (they must have made copies, as someone said), but her look and facial expressions felt completely new to me. So Italians (and others I imagine) will watch the movie knowing that Nicole Kidman plays a famous sit-com actress who was married to her co-star, but have actually never seen “I Love Lucy” and don’t know anything about Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Let’s see how it goes! 😊

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

With all due respect. She really doesn’t have a problem….she keeps getting great parts at the age of 54. And she’s producing a lot of them too. She’s actually in the second prime of her career. How is she losing?

With all due respect indeed, I said the same thing – that although Oscar-wise she faces quite a few challenges to overcome weak/mediocre/average projects with her great performance, but she still has an impressive career.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Audiences should generally be receptive to “Being the Ricardos”, but more importantly, Hollywood gets to watch their favorite genre again, themselves. “Being the Ricardos” was satisfying entertaining and well palatable overall, but the film is not without its qualms. A cocktail mix of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and David O. Russell’s “Joy” meets the behind-the-scenes of I Love Lucy. It’s all set in mostly a single set detailing the story of Lucille Ball being the first woman to run a major television studio, Desilu Productions. In signature Aaron Sorkin fashion, expect an array of snappy and clever dialogue. The best moments take us inside the writers’ room, but the romantic elements of the movie felt the most rushed and less researched. Big emotional swings may not land in ways Sorkin likely anticipated when penning it on the page, such as monologues about sordid affairs between the couple that bait on Oscar chewery. Both actors may very well land acting nominations come next year. Kidman is reliably good, channels Ball better the deeper we go, yet surprisingly Javier Bardem stole the picture. In terms of the rest of the cast, no one else really stood out to their degree.” The Best Actress Race will be interesting 🤨.

Good lord, so they yelling at each other for 2 hours?

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION DARLING.
    Tessa Thompson, Lead Actress for PASSING
    Ruth Negga, Supporting Actress for PASSING
    Charlotte Rampling, Supporting Actress for BENEDETTA
    Martha Plimpton, Supporting Actress for MASS
    Arawinda Kirana, Lead Actress for YUNI
    Kathryn Hunter, Supporting Actress for THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

I can only answer for Italy, where I grew up. 😊 I didn’t know “I Love Lucy” or Lucille Ball until a few months ago when I watched “Wandavision” and I wanted to know which sit-coms were recreated. I recognized “Bewitched/I Dream of Jeannie”, “Modern Family” and some sit-coms from the late 1980s and early 1990s, but not “I Love Lucy”. This is because it never aired in Italy (apart from 13 episodes in 1960, according to Wikipedia). I watched a couple of videos on YouTube and the style of the sit-com feels familiar (they must have made copies, as someone said), but her look and facial expressions felt completely new to me. So Italians (and others I imagine) will watch the movie knowing that Nicole Kidman plays a famous sit-com actress who was married to her co-star, but have actually never seen “I Love Lucy” and don’t know anything about Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Let’s see how it goes! 😊

As for France, I Love Lucy aired 40 years after its American debut, on cable TV. Lucille Ball is not a well known figure in France at the very least. Once again, America and its icons aren’t the center of the world.

FYC

Best Picture : The Worst Person in the World, Benedetta, Dune

Best Director : Denis Villeneuve

Best Actress : Renate Reinsve, Agathe Rousselle, Penélope Cruz

Best Supporting Actress : Charlotte Rampling, Jessie Buckley

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Good lord, so they yelling at each other for 2 hours?

pls why this reminded me macolm&marie lmao

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Not someone comparing the movie to Joy… I’m a Kidman fan but I’ll pass.

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 571 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.