Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 60)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 60)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 630 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Marcus Snowde..
Ben Affleck Fan
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Best. Prosthetics. Ever. 💀🤣

Profile picture
    Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

I just saw The Lost Daughter and I will say Colman is VERY much a threat. That film will definitely appeal to Oscar voters. I thought she was superior to Kidman. But I could see Academy rewarding Nicole for her portayal of Lucy similar to Zellweger and Judy. Still waiting to see Gucci but excited to see Gaga’s performance.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

I’m probably going to change between Gaga, Nicole and Olivia a billion times between now an oscars but rn I’m thinking:

Sag: Gaga
    BAFTA: Gaga
    CC: Kristen?
    Oscar: Gaga

The more I think about it, the more sense Gaga makes as a winner. She has both a trifecta and is in a likely bp nominee. I also feel uncomfortable predicting the globes to go 4/4 with SAG lol.

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I stand that Kidman is not winning, which is weird because I predicted her, in June, to win if Being the Ricardos was released. I don’t know how can anyone watch that movie and conclude that she deserves an Oscar. There’s no passion for that performance and no urgency to give her the Oscar.

Also, this is not even comparable with Zellweger, because her performance was incredibly raved and beloved (and she actually deserved to win)

Profile picture
    morgana_devacelli
    Topics:

I’m probably going to change between Gaga, Nicole and Olivia a billion times between now an oscars but rn I’m thinking: Sag: Gaga BAFTA: Gaga CC: Kristen? Oscar: Gaga The more I think about it, the more sense Gaga makes as a winner. She has both a trifecta and is in a likely bp nominee. I also feel uncomfortable predicting the globes to go 4/4 with SAG lol.

Idk, Gaga might be nominated but I doubt she’ll win the BAFTA…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think if either Gaga or Colman miss at BAFTA their chances of winning are essentially dead.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

I think if either Gaga or Colman miss at BAFTA their chances of winning are essentially dead.

If they miss and Kidman makes it, yeah. But if all three are snubbed, I don’t think it’ll affect any of them. Imagine no one from the Oscars race makes it to BAFTA… a shock.

“Evaporate, and leave us cinephiles alone.” 😭

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Idk, Gaga might be nominated but I doubt she’ll win the BAFTA…

I think if she wins SAG, she can win BAFTA. They went crazy for HOG and she seems to be everyone’s favorite part of the movie.
    Of course it would be silly to rule out Colman but I still think Gaga could win there.

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

I think anyone who wins BAFTA will be more likely to win the Oscar than SAG winner (Suppose they go for different winners) because British votes are much more concentrated than SAG, but I will say if the SAG winner is also nominated at BAFTA, she will be equally likely to win the Oscar as the BAFTA winner.

Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

As a Gaga fan, I’m excited about the prospect of her winning an acting Oscar (and I really do believe she has an almost 50/50 chance there). However, I didn’t love Gucci and I do think Gaga, while having the makings of a good actress, has yet to refine her acting skills a bit more. I want to see her take the gold eventually, but for a performance that is undeniably the best of the year (and we all know this is not it).

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Sigh…I’m seeing ppl once again starting to attack the new frontrunner. What you’re doing to her reminds me of what you treated with McDormand last year. The failed Mulligan hype train, the McDormand win, and the Colman win all taught us: AMPAS members vote for what they think is the best and will not be affected by any manipulative narrative or the online hype/hatred you tried to built.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    touchofmyfeet
    Topics:

Being the Ricardos:

-6.6 IMDb, 60/6.1 Metacritic, 68/75 Rotten Tomatoes.

-House of Gucci:

-6.9 IMDb, 59/8.0 Metacritic, 63/83 Rotten Tomatoes, $128 million WW Box Office.

Profile picture
    touchofmyfeet
    Topics:

Am I crazy if I still feel Haim will be nominated?

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Sigh…I’m seeing ppl once again starting to attack the new frontrunner. What you’re doing to her reminds me of what you treated with McDormand last year. The failed Mulligan hype train, the McDormand win, and the Colman win all taught us: AMPAS members vote for what they think is the best and will not be affected by any manipulative narrative or the online hype/hatred you tried to built.

McDormand, whose movie swept the whole race and who had 23 wins (against Mulligan’s 24) according to Metacritic’s scorechart ?

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

McDormand, whose movie swept the whole race and who had 23 wins (against Mulligan’s 24) according to Metacritic’s scorechart ?

Yeah but she was still #4 last year here because you downplayed her so much and wouldn’t believe her to win another Oscars so soon.

The problem is the only critic darling this year is Stewart (last year we got 2 as you mentioned) but we all know her winning chances are fading.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 630 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 60)’ is closed to new replies.