Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 60)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 60)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 629 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Marcus Snowde..
The Northman
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Olivia but it feels pretty transparent that critics don’t want Gaga/Nicole to win and are thus rallying behind the only alternative winner.

Quinta Brunson 1st and 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Bill Hader 4th, 5th and 6th emmy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Zendaya 2nd and 3rd emmy campaign manager

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

I think the Americans are way more obsessed with them than the Brits lol

This is so true. We have always viewed royal families like how they’re portrayed in movies. We don’t have royals in this country (apart from Queen of box office success Lady Gaga) so we have nothing to compare royalty to.

Profile picture
    Alexa E
    Topics:

What are the chances Kristen Stewart even gets a nomination at this point? Seems like she’s sinking to the bottom of the ocean 🌊

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Yes, I’ve noticed this on the forum. Americans think that British people are fond of the royal family when in fact every British person I know doesn’t give a fuck about them.

We’re not talking about Brits in general we are specifically talking about BAFTA.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

What are the chances Kristen Stewart even gets a nomination at this point? Seems like she’s sinking to the bottom of the ocean 🌊

I mean like:

0 trifectas
    NBR loss
    Globe loss
    Sag snub
    Likely bafta snub
    No way her movie happens in BP.
    Clearly still has a bad reputation in the industry

I think she’s getting Jlo’d. To be fair, that’s a pretty inaccurate comparison since Jlo got a SAG nom and trifecta.

Quinta Brunson 1st and 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Bill Hader 4th, 5th and 6th emmy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Zendaya 2nd and 3rd emmy campaign manager

Profile picture
    TwinPeaks
    Topics:

I was shocked when I watched Spencer. All that buzz, all those critics fawning and googling thesaurus.com for superlatives.

The moment she arrives onscreen and opens her mouth to speak, I thought it was an SNL parody. It only gets worse from there as that dour, lugubrious (see what I did there?) movie drags on. You can barely understand anything she says as she masks her accent behind a barely audible whisper. And she really wants you to know that Diana was very shy and demure (let’s be honest and with all respect, she was a bit of a man-eater, a side I wanted to see) so she spends the whole movie with her head cocked to the side to look demure.

I think it’s the combination of auteur filmmaker + Kristen having done a couple of Assayas movies + gay Letterboxd Twitter relating to the story of misunderstood princess in a gown twirling sadly in a castle that made them overrate it so monstrously?

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Monsters are trying to delete Kristen from the Oscars nominations lol

Profile picture
    Judestar
    Topics:

Interesting that Stewart hasn’t been winning nearly as many critic awards since the SAG snub, I guess the perception of her going from a frontrunner to fighting for a nomination really hurt her star power for the role.

Profile picture
    Delicious Demon
    Topics:

Interesting that Stewart hasn’t been winning nearly as many critic awards since the SAG snub, I guess the perception of her going from a frontrunner to fighting for a nomination really hurt her star power for the role.

In today’s ones, she and Cruz were still runner ups for them.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

SAG already did that for us though?

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    TwinPeaks
    Topics:

Don’t get me started on that Alana non-factor of a performance or mess of a movie. If we really want to talk about merit, Best Actress goes to Renate Reinsve. Otherwise, give it to Kidman for being Kidman, a survivor of 90s typecasting who is still thriving in her 50s, or Gaga for making global audiences flock to two back-to-back R-rated dramas at a time when we desperately need it.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I mean like: 0 trifectas NBR loss Globe loss Sag snub Likely bafta snub No way her movie happens in BP. Clearly still has a bad reputation in the industry I think she’s getting Jlo’d. To be fair, that’s a pretty inaccurate comparison since Jlo got a SAG nom and trifecta.

I don’t like the Princess Di and Stripper comparison,Plus Stewart is a good actress than Jlo. pls. but i do get what your trying to say though.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

I guess I’ll have to accept my role as the salty Stewart fan here, but it annoys me how people talk like “WOOOOW who could have POOOOOSSIBLY liked this TERRIBLE MOVIE and this TERRIBLE PERFORMANCE” because hi! Hello! I did! It wasn’t perfect, but it was bold and creative and it kept me thinking about it after I left the theater! And Stewart didn’t remotely give an SNL parody performance, she gave a performance that displayed the range she’s been accused of lacking her whole career!

For all the talk about how critics are shallow clout-chasers, people here seem just as willing to define a movie’s worth by its awards.

Profile picture
    TwinPeaks
    Topics:

Yes, it’s foolish. She will get the nom.

She’s getting the nomination, but I don’t see right now how she wins the Oscar. The industry clearly doesn’t like Spencer very much, which has resulted in Stewart’s downfall.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 629 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 60)’ is closed to new replies.