Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 60)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 60)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 629 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Marcus Snowde..
The Northman
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

One thing that hurts Stewart imo is that not many saw her film. Looking at the massive success of The Crown, why would they have such a limited release? I’m not saying that the film would have smashed, I just think it was “too independent.”

They did see the first 10 min, and that was about it, message received.

Will Smith was rewarded for exceeding everyone's expectations in endearing violent traits. Shame on the Academy!

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Don’t get me started on that Alana non-factor of a performance or mess of a movie. If we really want to talk about merit, Best Actress goes to Renate Reinsve. Otherwise, give it to Kidman for being Kidman, a survivor of 90s typecasting who is still thriving in her 50s, or Gaga for making global audiences flock to two back-to-back R-rated dramas at a time when we desperately need it.

The narrative so far this season was that the Academy can’t wait to recognise the career of Stewart, after all these indie films. I fear the Academy doesn’t care for narratives, I mean Kidman once won an Oscar, then she was coming off two big hits(Moulin Rouge and The Others) and she did a risky role that was praised, her narrative then we could say was that she is no longer Mrs. Cruise and she can do more demanding roles, while being a movie star along big A-listers(Meryl Streep and Julianne Moore).

Now, almost 20 years later, she is in her 50s playing a Hollywood Icon, she shouldn’t be rewarded just for the role, but because they consider it award worthy. I am not sure if they are gonna give a second Oscar to Kidman so easily, even the great Meryl Streep won her second Lead Actress Oscar after 30 years(1983-2012).

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

They did see the first 10 min, and that was about it, message received.

Which would be deeply stupid if true, because the first ten minutes are completely inoffensive, unless they’re that bothered by Diana saying “fuck” or whatever.

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

It’s so sad that I have no horse in this race. Penélope, my number one this year, flopped >> everywhere <<. Kristen, who would be my second choice, is a non-factor for the win and could even miss the nomination. Olivia, my third option, has a very divisive vehicle which makes me doubt she could pull this off. From the remaining contenders I hope Kidman takes this, she delivers a very calibered and contained performance for a role that was very difficult and could’ve easily gone wrong for doing too much. Now I just hope mediocre Oscar-bait Tammy Faye doesn’t take it.

Chastain won’t win, she’s a spot filler – especially after her upcoming flop 355 where some women change the world (what a story)!

Will Smith was rewarded for exceeding everyone's expectations in endearing violent traits. Shame on the Academy!

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Actually, a second lead Oscar is a very big deal, don’t look how Frances managed to get second and third so close, Anthony Hopkins and Meryl Streep waited decades. They don’t give it out easily.

Most Best Actress Oscars

Katharine Hepburn: 4

Frances McDormand: 3

Meryl Streep:2
    Bette Davis:2
    Ingrid Bergman:2
    Jane Fonda: 2
    Elizabeth Taylor:2
    Olivia de Havilland:2
    Glenda Jackson:2
    Jodie Foster:2
    Sally Field:2
    Vivien Leigh:2
    Luise Rainer:2
    Hilary Swank:2

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

I guess I’ll have to accept my role as the salty Stewart fan here, but it annoys me how people talk like “WOOOOW who could have POOOOOSSIBLY liked this TERRIBLE MOVIE and this TERRIBLE PERFORMANCE” because hi! Hello! I did! It wasn’t perfect, but it was bold and creative and it kept me thinking about it after I left the theater! And Stewart didn’t remotely give an SNL parody performance, she gave a performance that displayed the range she’s been accused of lacking her whole career! For all the talk about how critics are shallow clout-chasers, people here seem just as willing to define a movie’s worth by its awards.

Taste! Some sore losers have been waiting all season for Stewart to fail so they became really brave after the SAG snub. They will keep on repeating the same thing in hopes it comes true. Oscar nominated or not this is a legendary performance already – period.

Profile picture
    wgoran
    Topics:

I don’t like the Princess Di and Stripper comparison,Plus Stewart is a good actress than Jlo. pls. but i do get what your trying to say though.

girl what mrs affleck is a million times better actor than kristen lmao

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

Please. no one will care about this. She’s not a big enough star yet for people to hold her to this, plus she’s like 20?

She’s barely 19 and just got cocky on social media and tarnished her reputation – also, she looks nothing like the movie – she should thank the makeup artist of WSS.

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

BARF! No, we’re rooting for Olivia Colman aka the only contender with an acclaimed film AND highly raved performance.

I am rooting for Colman too, hopefully, BAFTA will hand her a better doll than the one she got pin stabbed for – and leave the statue for Nikki.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Taste! Some sore losers have been waiting all season for Stewart to fail so they became really brave after the SAG snub. They will keep on repeating the same thing in hopes it comes true. Oscar nominated or not this is a legendary performance already – period.

This is superficial, but she looks stunning here. Wow.

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Olivia but it feels pretty transparent that critics don’t want Gaga/Nicole to win and are thus rallying behind the only alternative winner.

Well Gaga did win Iowa this weekend so it’s not all critics but I see what you mean with Colman starting to pick up steam with the regionals

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

Seeing how some regionals are now turning the tide, I think that again proves why the Trifectas are Trifectas. When Nyfcc awarded Lady Gaga, she was in a jeopardy situation because the film got mixed reviews and most experts instantly dropped her from Oscar predictions. HoG B.O. seems fine but there was no guarantee of any longevity, especially due to the reviews. Nyfcc was the first to award her like they just don’t give a f*ck about what others were saying. This was even before she hit GG, CCA, and AACTA so it’s a risky bet.

Same for Penelope. She missed all the industry awards except AACTA and her chance wasn’t looking good. But they just don’t care and reward her and Renate anyway. While they sometimes went for Oscar contenders, they also rewarded many foreign language actresses throughout the years.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Remaining Critics Awards

17th – African American Film Critics Association (AFFCA)

17th – Denver Film Critics Society (DFCS)

17th – North Dakota Film Society (NDFS)

17th – Seattle Film Critics Society (SFCS)

25th – Music City Film Critics Association (MCFCA)

February

6th – International Cinephile Society (ICS)

6th – London Film Critics Circle (LFCC)

28th – Hollywood Critics Association (HCA)

Of course they announcing this late.

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

Well Gaga did win Iowa this weekend so it’s not all critics but I see what you mean with Colman starting to pick up steam with the regionals

Actually Gaga did quite well with the more prestigious critics groups. She won NBR for ASIB and Nyfcc for HoG. Capri wasn’t huge like nyfcc but it’s an industry award. It’s always the irrelevant + self-centered film twitter critics that loves to cast doubt on her like it’s a cool thing to do.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

I don’t like the Princess Di and Stripper comparison,Plus Stewart is a good actress than Jlo. pls. but i do get what your trying to say though.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with being a stripper and I don’t like your implication that there is.

Emmy Actings FYCs:
    Comedy: Bill Hader & Quinta Brunson
    Drama: Jeremy Strong & Britt Lower
    Limited: Couldn't care less

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 629 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 60)’ is closed to new replies.