Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 60)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 60)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 616 through 629 (of 629 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Marcus Snowde..
The Northman
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    GrammyLoser
    Topics:

I guess I’ll have to accept my role as the salty Stewart fan here, but it annoys me how people talk like “WOOOOW who could have POOOOOSSIBLY liked this TERRIBLE MOVIE and this TERRIBLE PERFORMANCE” because hi! Hello! I did! It wasn’t perfect, but it was bold and creative and it kept me thinking about it after I left the theater! And Stewart didn’t remotely give an SNL parody performance, she gave a performance that displayed the range she’s been accused of lacking her whole career! For all the talk about how critics are shallow clout-chasers, people here seem just as willing to define a movie’s worth by its awards.

Thanks for the laugh.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Both Gaga and Stewart hyper fans are in the wrong. It’s vicious, disgusting and should stop. I like both women and wish them success. It’s fine to not like either performance but there is no need to be mean spirited. Verified accounts on Film Twitter constantly talking crap about Gaga and Kidman are horrible as well. The lack of professionalism is disgusting.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Delicious Demon
    Topics:

Still taking into account small Critic Circles awards? Haven’t you learned something this week? 🤣

Case in point.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Labyrinth
    Topics:

People saying that Colman won just to rally behind a potential winner.Toronto and Kansas also voted for Bradley Cooper , Ciaran Hinds, Jessie Buckley ,Ann Dowd and Denzel Washington and they are by no means the frontrunners.Plus Stewart was the runner up in both places.Maybe these two critics groups just happened to like her performance more and that’s it.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

People saying that Colman won just to rally behind a potential winner.Toronto and Kansas also voted for Bradley Cooper , Ciaran Hinds, Jessie Buckley ,Ann Dowd and Denzel Washington and they are by no means the frontrunners.Plus Stewart was the runner up in both places.Maybe these two critics groups just happened to like her performance more and that’s it.

Maybe because those races are not chaotic like Best Actress is this year?

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I don’t buy the Oscars not nominating a black woman in lead actress either. I have Hudson in my 5th slot. I took out Chastain.

Profile picture
    annveal
    Topics:

Maybe because those races are not chaotic like Best Actress is this year?

Best Actor feels pretty chaotic to me. Rematch of will smith & denzel who might be retiring, and Garfield & Cumberbatch doing career best turns.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Yuck at the second picture. She apparently dropped “believe survivors” from her bio as soon as WSS released: https://mobile.twitter.com/mich_____00/status/1482624803509051396 And she apparently deleted a post saying she was going to ask Marc Webb to include Britney’s post in Snow White: https://mobile.twitter.com/mich_____00/status/1482763607347761152

Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

this thread is so insanely unhinged lmaooo

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Before today, Olivia only had 1 other critic win. While it’s possible that they miraculously discovered their love for this performance only after Kristen missed SAG, I have some doubts about that. When I say she’s the only alternative winner, I mean that Olivia, Nicole and Gaga are the only one’s who can win this oscar. Haim, Zegler, McDormand and Cruz were never coming near a win and Chastain has been done since her globe loss.

I have to agree to disagree with you. Colman’s movie was released later than most of the contenders and it’s almost never “miraculous” for critics to belatedly discover love for one of her performances.  I also think it’s too early to conclude that Olivia, Nicole and Gaga are the only ones who can win this Oscar.  Stewart  could still win; in fact, I think she still has a better chance than Colman, who is in a movie with notably lower audience scores than any other contender, including Spencer.

Profile picture
    AbeHF88
    Topics:

She’s barely 19 and just got cocky on social media and tarnished her reputation – also, she looks nothing like the movie – she should thank the makeup artist of WSS.

“tarnished”

Nobody will care in two days. Hell, nobody cares now except for the few mentally unstable trolls that spend their entire day on twitter.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

I feel like the “it’s her time” narrative regarding Kristen makes sense when it comes to her being nominated but not necessarily when it comes to her winning. When I think of that narrative, I think of people who’ve been nominated multiple times before and have lost, like Glenn Close or Diane Warren for Song, not someone who would be going from zero nominations to a win.

I think Kristen being nominated could very well break the stigma some people have for her and set her up for a future win, so in a way being nominated alone is going to be a huge win for her.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 14 posts - 616 through 629 (of 629 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 60)’ is closed to new replies.