Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 60)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 60)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 629 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Marcus Snowde..
The Northman
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    MD
    Topics:

I rewatched BTR last night for the second time. I gotta tell you after my 2nd viewing:

BAFTA = Kidman

SAG = Kidman

Oscar= Kidman

Sorry, Gaga’s stans, I do like gaga’s performance, but there is no way this will go to a role other than Lucille. Kidman nailed it, and the movie itself touched base on multidimensional issues relevant to the industry, stereotyping, discrimination, sexism, ageism, and organizational politics. Gooooooo Nicole!

Why would Kidman win the BAFTA and not Colman?

It’s so weak when people go after any given award contender’s personal life because they dislike them so much and don’t want them to win. There’s no reason to devolve the discussion like that.

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

She was Amazing(I liked her more than Denzel Washington), honestly she can take a year off, but if there is passion about Tragedy of Macbeth in AMPAs, Denzel may carry her on board in the lead actress category(really wild shot) for that disputed 5th slot, as Kidman may carry Bardem in Best Actor nod, as screen couple.

I gotta disagree here, Frances after her 3rd win in a lead category, the industry will not nominate her for this year even if she delivers the best performance of all time. three oscar wins in best actress lead is the threshold for the industry now, and voters will let her rest for a few years until they bring her back to the race.

Will Smith was rewarded for exceeding everyone's expectations in endearing violent traits. Shame on the Academy!

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

go rewatch both movies, and you will get the answer!

Will Smith was rewarded for exceeding everyone's expectations in endearing violent traits. Shame on the Academy!

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

The way some people here have totally erased Colman before the BAFTAs noms are announced, what if top2 is Colman and someone not Gaga or Kidman.

Profile picture
    Rosemary Baby
    Topics:

In the last 21 years the BA Oscar winner has won at least 1 of these awards in the NYFCC, LAFCA, Nacional, Volpi, GG or NBR season.
    AND EVERY BA winner has been nominated for SAG
    Gaga and Nicole are the only ones with BA chances. Gaga (NYFCC) and Nicole o (GG) the only ones in SAG

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

I feel that the “baity” biopics will split the vote and Olivia Colman will win her second Oscar! Imagine that!

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I rewatched BTR last night for the second time. I gotta tell you after my 2nd viewing:

BAFTA = Kidman

SAG = Kidman

Oscar= Kidman

Sorry, Gaga’s stans, I do like gaga’s performance, but there is no way this will go to a role other than Lucille. Kidman nailed it, and the movie itself touched base on multidimensional issues relevant to the industry, stereotyping, discrimination, sexism, ageism, and organizational politics. Gooooooo Nicole!

Nicole was spectacular. It reminds me of a strong female performance from the 70s ala Faye Dunaway in Network or a Jane Fonda performance. Gaga’s performance is more bombastic, but Nicole’s performance is more layered, multidimensional…and feels more lived in. Nicole was SO naturalistic in this role…..even her first table read scene….SO good.

She’d be a great winner.

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

I feel that the “baity” biopics will split the vote and Olivia Colman will win her second Oscar! Imagine that!

Not for the “lost doll” role, sorry!

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

d

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

I don’t think Gucci falls into the “baity biopic” category. It’s more of a drama story, imo.

The way some people here have totally erased Colman before the BAFTAs noms are announced, what if top2 is Colman and someone not Gaga or Kidman.

This could very well happen, and I think the chances of Olivia taking it are higher than Gaga or Kidman. We are still riding high on the SAG and BAFTA over-performances so it may take a bit for people to come back down to reality lol. Thankfully we don’t have to wait too long for nominations.

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

Gaga’s chance getting into top two is higher than Colman and Kidman in my opinion:

HoG was massive in England + It performed so well at the longlist + it’s a British film, these factors cannot be ignored.

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

Nicole was spectacular. It reminds me of a strong female performance from the 70s ala Faye Dunaway in Network or a Jane Fonda performance. Gaga’s performance is more bombastic, but Nicole’s performance is more layered, multidimensional…and feels more lived in. Nicole was SO naturalistic in this role…..even her first table read scene….SO good. She’ll be a great winner.

Don’t listen to what is been said on here. This is the role that will get her a second oscar. The industry folks know what entails in best actress’s role manifestation and portfolio. Also, Bardem is locked for a nomination, even the credits of the movie shows both of their names next to each other.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Yes, Kidman’s performance was OUTSTANDING. She’d make a great winner.

This could very well happen, and I think the chances of Olivia taking it are higher than Gaga or Kidman. We are still riding high on the SAG and BAFTA over-performances so it may take a bit for people to come back down to reality lol. Thankfully we don’t have to wait too long for nominations.

Yeah, I can definitely see Olivia winning at BAFTA. It’s clear that she’s loved down there.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 629 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 60)’ is closed to new replies.