Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 61)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 61)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 597 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
The Northman
kallewickans_3
Cinema2050
  • Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Maybe I dreamed this, but I feel like back in December there was an article about Gaga and Nicole doing something? Maybe it was the Actors roundtable?

Pls. It’s our dream 🙂

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Why isn’t Nicole campaigning lol. She needs to have way more visibility. Literally the biggest star in the lineup. Hopefully she’s on Variety’s roundtable talk.

Nicole is in Australia now and she is trying to take care of her mother, I think she doesn’t expect to win an Oscar.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Nicole is in Australia now and she is trying to take care of her mother, I think she doesn’t expect to win an Oscar.

Aww. Anyways the AACTA is coming up. Everything happens through zoom anyways so hopefully she gets her space 🙂

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Maybe she’s doing what Frances does: eschew campaigning in favor of letting the performance speak for itself.

With respect to Kidman, this isn’t Cate Blanchett in Blue Jasmine. It’s not the kind of performance that speaks for itself.

But right, her mother, that’s a good point.

Oh, yeah. I completely forgot about that. Taking care of her sick mother means much more than winning an Oscar, especially when Nicole has one already.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

I mean Amazon studios priority is Being The Ricardos this Season, they did the screenings and there are some more end of Jan, I guess the rest of promo will be run by them. Also, over the top campaign sometimes backfire most of the time.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

❤️ Best wishes to her family.

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

Peak delusion. Colman is a glorified sitcom actress whose performance in “The Favorite” was massively overhyped by critics. She doesn’t have a single box office smash to her name. Her filmography is piss-poor. She will NEVER touch Meryl’s level. NEVER. It’s virtually impossible. I mean, Miranda Priestly alone has more cultural relevance than Colman’s entire filmography, and that’s just one of Streep’s countless iconic characters.

Imagine being this pressed over someone who doesn’t even campaign. This forum is really the pits sometimes. A shame.

Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

Y’all need to watch more BA-winning performances if y’all think any of these could be considered among the worst ever. I mean.
    Worse than Gwyneth Paltrow, Helen Hunt, Sandra Bullock, Liz Taylor (1st time), Judy Holliday, or Geraldine Page? I don’t think.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Despite the meh of Blind side you gotta respect Sandra for owning it. I wasn’t really designing a career to win Academy Awards,” said Bullock. “If you look at my trajectory, I wasn’t looking for projects that really fell into the category of highly respected work.… I just was doing what brought me joy and what I was lucky enough to get.”

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Y’all need to watch more BA-winning performances if y’all think any of these could be considered among the worst ever. I mean. Worse than Gwyneth Paltrow, Helen Hunt, Sandra Bullock, Liz Taylor (1st time), Judy Holliday, or Geraldine Page? I don’t think.

I maintain that Paltrow was a valid choice, even though I’d have picked Emily Watson.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

I could see Kristen being the frontrunner if this were to come true lol.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I love how Olivia doesn’t campaign and put too much of herself out there when it comes to awards. She’ll attend a premiere and do junkets here and there but not in a way that’s a lot. She also doesn’t do multiple Q&As like many other actors.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Y’all need to watch more BA-winning performances if y’all think any of these could be considered among the worst ever. I mean.
    Worse than Gwyneth Paltrow, Helen Hunt, Sandra Bullock, Liz Taylor (1st time), Judy Holliday, or Geraldine Page? I don’t think.

You don’t need to drag others (literally an entire list lmao) to imply that the contenders are good. This is unnecessary and one of the reasons why we always have war here.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

I maintain that Paltrow was a valid choice, even though I’d have picked Emily Watson.

Normally I’d say agree to disagree but not about this, let’s throw hands, cuz any of the other nominees would have been a better choice (my pick would also be Emily Watson, thought Meryl in One True Thing is one of her most underrated performances and would have been a very deserving win too).

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 597 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 61)’ is closed to new replies.