Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 61)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 61)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 597 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
The Northman
kallewickans_3
Cinema2050
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

Yeah, the industry doesn’t always align with audience taste all the time. Take for instance Colman this time around.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

The hilarious thing about many of the snobby Gaga haters is that a quick search of their Twitter reveals them to be the Paris Hilton/Britney Spears worshipping type of gays. Slapping on an Olivia Colman or Isabelle Huppert avatar makes them think they can erase a lifetime of stanning for useless plastic celebrities. That Gregory Ellwood thing for example has “Gaga CACA Britney Godney!!!” tweets dating back to 2009.

Story of several AwardsWatch users as well.

I’ve been saying this since months in here, there are people who pretends to stan other actress in the contention just to go against Gaga but in fact they’re stans of other popgirls like Britney coming from ATRL and those kind of pop music forum who in reality coudn’t give a fuck about Olivia Colman, Jessica Chastain or whoever they choose to hide behind.

It happened the same during the ASIB era, several people suddenly became Glenn Close stans when in fact they didn’t even watched one movie with her just to go against Gaga.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Honey, THEY are threatened by Stewart. That’s all this is. They drag her over those oh so tired arguments. Her film flopped, people walked out, and now the “she’s done because she missed SAG.” They are really regurgitating the same old shit, day in and day out. None of them have any actual valid points on how Stewart can possibly miss. Just the same ol tired asf box office stat and people walking out points. Nothing. Of. Value.

The Best Actress race is between 5 actresses. 

Nicole

Olivia

Gaga

Jhudson

Kristen.

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

Kristen had the critical acclaim to back the hype up; she still has and deservedly so. No matter how many times you try to diminish it, it doesn’t make it less true. Yes, it’s not a role and movie for the masses to be entertained, and thankfully so.

Giving 5 spots for best actress in a weak year for SAG was a lot of wealth to spread around- even though, the actors guild did not think her performance was worthy to be among the top 5, probably not even the top 10. Message received by the experts.

Will Smith was rewarded for exceeding everyone's expectations in endearing violent traits. Shame on the Academy!

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Maybe the real Best Actress is the friends we made along the way

Profile picture
    Delicious Demon
    Topics:

The hilarious thing about many of the snobby Gaga haters is that a quick search of their Twitter reveals them to be the Paris Hilton/Britney Spears worshipping type of gays. Slapping on an Olivia Colman or Isabelle Huppert avatar makes them think they can erase a lifetime of stanning for useless plastic celebrities. That Gregory Ellwood thing for example has “Gaga CACA Britney Godney!!!” tweets dating back to 2009.

LOL seriously? I never knew of all these nicknames until recently when my timeline was overloaded with a bunch of dumb pop stans from Gaga, Beyonce, Britney, Christina or whatever because they were using Kristen to fight over.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Jesus, not people trying to paint GD and pundit Twitter as forums primarily for “cinephiles” (a loaded term in the first place, but nevertheless.) These are forums that primarily hyper-fixate on awards season releases, a process which is at times diametrically opposed to seeking films from sources outside of awards season discourse (ie foreign and experimental films not released by major studios) There’s nothing wrong with appreciating awards season releases and enjoying them, but developing this much of a superiority complex for one awards season release over another and trying to disguise it as an appreciation for the medium is becoming comical. I did like Spencer well enough and believe that Kristen is more than deserving of a nomination, but trying to act as if the discourse around this film wasn’t fixated almost completely on its awards chances from the beginning is disingenuous.

I mean, I’m not going to call myself a “cinephile” unironically, for the same reason why most actors don’t call themselves “thespians”. But for what it’s worth, I genuinely love movies, and I think that awards are mostly petty and largely unimportant. I fixate on them here precisely because they’re so low-stakes. Of course I want to see my favorite movies and performances recognized, but I know that the recognition is not the be all and end all.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

Stop fighting gays. Gaga, Stewart and Kidman are a part of this awards season – it’s a win anyways.

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

So tired of this KentAdams/HauteCouture/Galliano/Wingwingdude/toxceee person and their 538753768 accounts.

Added “toxceee” to this list.

Profile picture
    Delicious Demon
    Topics:

I didn’t mean to target you, and I’ve found a lot of your takes to be level-headed and your passion for film shines through. But some of the discourse by others painting awards season as a battle between high culture vs the tasteless general public is going a bit too far, and it should be acknowledged that awards season discourse and love for film are two totally separate things that are being conflated (again, by others) on here.

Maybe you are targeting me, but I’m under no illusion that the best performances will be recognised at all in awards season, or extremely rarely. It’s not the forum for it.

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

It’s one thing to be style over substance, but it didn’t even feel that stylish. I hope it won’t be the standard-bearer for Adult Movies now.

Lowkey agree to this. I casted my doubt when Ridley was chosen to direct this film but most “stans” just blindly saw it as the greatest opportunity because he “used to direct Alien and Blade Runner”. Imo Ridley’s style never fit well with this story. HoG could either go all-serious family drama, or go glamours and campy all the way. Actually Ridley’s wife said she really wanted the film to go the latter. It went nowhere sadly.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

This is a website for cinephiles and film enthusiasts not twitter. Get your delusions elsewhere. You guys must be robotic at parties. Like programmed 1di0ts. Not a single decent discussion.

I can only imagine the mess LMAO. “sHes cOmInG” I have all stans on Ignore and the reading is smooth, but then again I only have 11 pages on this thread with the sane ones. It’s the only way to make this work.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 597 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 61)’ is closed to new replies.