Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 61)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 61)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 597 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
The Northman
kallewickans_3
Cinema2050
  • Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

I’m not so sure about Colman getting in BAFTA Top two now, based on the precursors and receptions so far, I think I’ll have to switch to Lady Gaga and Nicole Kidman. If Colman gets in, it’s from the jury pick. I have to say the AMC ads and interviews of Kidman make me feel like she’s on a winning streak, I only felt it that way with Lady Gaga and Kristen Stewart before, now I have to accept that there is a possibility of her winning. (Never bought it before even after the GG win) I still think LG and HoG have a greater chance right now.

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

I’m not so sure about Colman getting in BAFTA Top two now, based on the precursors and receptions so far, I think I’ll have to switch to Lady Gaga and Nicole Kidman. If Colman gets in, it’s from the jury pick. I have to say the AMC ads and interviews of Kidman make me feel like she’s on a winning streak, I only felt it that way with Lady Gaga and Kristen Stewart before, now I have to accept that there is a possibility of her winning. (Never bought it before even after the GG win) I still think LG and HoG have a greater chance right now.

TLD did great though at GG, SAG (considering that many were predicting her snub) and on the BAFTA longlists. She’s top 2 there no doubt in my mind.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

The race its just right open

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

TLD did great though at GG, SAG (considering that many were predicting her snub) and on the BAFTA longlists. She’s top 2 there no doubt in my mind.

LG and Kidman and their films did better, Colman got no major win as of now,  and audiences don’t really like the movie, so nope, but guess we have to agree and disagree.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I think we are counting on Olivia doing great at BAFTA

she really doesn’t have much more going on for her

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

No way they are the same person… Anthagiox seems pretty reasonable while Opium is hateful, evil and repulsive. He’s actually the inspiration behind the title “The Worst Person in the World”.

I’m late to reply to your post but you’re very kind. I’m proud to say (and this is like, the-bar-is-on-the-floor kind of shit) if you go through my post history, you will find zero posts with misogynistic comments and you will find zero posts of me negatively criticizing the other BA contenders. I tend to get grouped in with the problematic Gaga stans simply because I’m a Gaga stan; it’s the price I pay for stanning an insanely successful actress. 🤣

I signed up for GD using my Twitter account so it’s very easy to go through my feed and see how I am. The only people I ever attack are republicans. Writing style is the easiest way to tell if an account is a dupe of another, and Opium and I have very different writing styles and the punctuation and grammar we use are very different as well. I can’t say the same for certain Gaga haters here, though. 🤔

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

LG and Kidman and their films did better, Colman got no major win as of now, and audiences don’t really like the movie, so nope, but guess we have to agree and disagree.

You guys put too much weight on those audience scores and TLD did better than expected considering this type of film. Moreover, those longlists can also be deceiving when it comes to actual nominations. I don’t expect BTR to do that well and HOG might underperform too.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

If we think about it she is very in the same position as kristen in the awards situation No GG, no trifecta, no NBR, no Volpi, but a London nomimation. The difference would be Olivia got the SAG nom while kristen didnt and Kristen got more adored by critics while Olivia just a few. Their movies even got similarites, good with critics terrible with the public.

Yeah, the only difference is that Olivia is adored by everyone

but we can only wait and see whats going to happen

Profile picture
    tom92
    Topics:

No trifecta, no regional wins, no GG, no AACTA nomination, no SAG (there’s no way she’s winning), a rock-bottom user score (the lowest for any BA nominee this century), no overdue narrative (Hopkins), a recent Oscar win (she’s not Frances McDormand). There’s literally not a single indicator of Colman winning another Oscar, but her delusional fans keep bringing her up.

Colman stans are now pinning their hopes on Colman winning the BAFTA, but I’m not even sure about this one. Her performance was not quintessentially British for a surefire win. Kidman won the BAFTA because she was portraying Virginia Wolf.

Saving this for a laugh at the end of March!

Profile picture
    oxymoron
    Topics:

Yeah, the only difference is that Olivia is adored by everyone but we can only wait and see whats going to happen

This is just a blatant lie. Kidman is an undisputed legend. There’s no way Colman is more beloved by the industry than Kidman.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    oxymoron
    Topics:

Saving this for a laugh at the end of March!

If she miraculously ends up winning, you should be crying because this will be the lamest BA win in history with the lowest user score. The Oscars will continue fading into irrelevancy if they keep awarding such “performances.”

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

LG and Kidman and their films did better, Colman got no major win as of now, and audiences don’t really like the movie, so nope, but guess we have to agree and disagree.

The Lost Daughter did better than House of Gucci at GG and Olivia still made it at SAG when everyone was touting her as being the most vulnerable one. As for the BAFTA longlists TLD got in BOTH Director and Editing which neither HOG (only Editing) or BTR could. If you want to underestimate Olivia in her home turf then be my guest.

Profile picture
    snowball
    Topics:

Me trying to decide which one of  Lady Gaga and Nicole are top 2 at BAFTA.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 597 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 61)’ is closed to new replies.